Jump to content
Ed Correia

announcement TrueEarth Southern California for XP11 on finals!

Recommended Posts

This is looking absolutely fantastic. Definite buy for me. Come on Orbx cover the world. Derek.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! I was beginning to wonder why we hadn't heard anything about SoCal like some early beta teaser images. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes chaps it looks grand what fun i had taking the shots .

cheers

Iain

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, this makes the leap between XP-TE Regions and P3D-TE Regions, which was promised to be closed, even wider.

 

With kind regards

from less happy Prepar3d user Michael

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pmb said:

Unfortunately, this makes the leap between XP-TE Regions and P3D-TE Regions, which was promised to be closed, even wider.

 

It doesn't. Work on SoCal didn't stop the work on the P3D regions, they're coming as well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks very crisp.

I noticed all the images are SD.

Have you gone away from HD & SD versions of XP TE regions?

TTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is SoCal the same technology as NoCal or has it developed since NoCal was released and if so, will NoCal get an update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome!   can you post images of San Diego city and airport?

 

can you define "soon" for the release?  Any chance it will be out for the weekend ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

No, there will be both HD and SD versions

Ok, thank you.

SD is looking really good.

TTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

Is SoCal the same technology as NoCal or has it developed since NoCal was released and if so, will NoCal get an update?

 

Each region improves on the last, so this has newer tech in it that isn't in NoCal, but both regions work nicely together. We haven't planned at the moment retrofitting all the older regions with newer tech as we would be in a perpetual upgrade cycle as each new region is released, and these regions take a lot of time and effort to make

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

 

Each region improves on the last, so this has newer tech in it that isn't in NoCal, but both regions work nicely together. We haven't planned at the moment retrofitting all the older regions with newer tech as we would be in a perpetual upgrade cycle as each new region is released, and these regions take a lot of time and effort to make

 

Many thanks for the reply Tony.

 

I wouldn't expect say for example Florida to be updated because SoCal tech is tweaked but just thought in CA's case because the state has been developed in 2 halves (for obvious reasons), the complete state would be the same but if you say they work together, I just look forward to trying it out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jrbaird19 said:

How much space is needed for the HD version?

 

It's approx 175GB on my install uncompressed, about the same as the other regions. SD is approximately 45GB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great region - hopefully released until or during next weekend - Nevada may be the next TE region, since it hasn‘t been included in the VSTATES collection - maybe a hint...

More importantly, however, is the urgent need for Orbx airports - California for P3D has so many addons to consider....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, schwarzfr said:

Great region - hopefully released until or during next weekend - Nevada may be the next TE region, since it hasn‘t been included in the VSTATES collection - maybe a hint...

More importantly, however, is the urgent need for Orbx airports - California for P3D has so many addons to consider....

 

Really, really hope they plan on doing Nevada. Feels like there's a sizeable chunk missing when you buzz up and down the west coast. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The colors appear similar to the "true colors" used in TE FLA.  Will they match the colors of TE NorCal which, as far as I know, was not "true colors"?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rodneyprice said:

What size install please?

 

5 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

 

It's approx 175GB on my install uncompressed, about the same as the other regions. SD is approximately 45GB. 

Thanks.... I'll definitely be considering this for flight on PilotEdge.net - just gotta clear out my Orthos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks INSANE. I just hope it's not too long before it's in P3D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chifan90 said:

will this be available for the weekend?  Friday night US time?

 

We don't like to give out times or estimates like this because things can change, but it's very close now.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks amazing.  I'm not sure of  the differences between SD and HD though, does it make a huge lot of difference, especially as I enjoy flying in VR?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, I am SO excited for SoCal!  This would also be a perfect Map for DCS if Eagle Dynamics would be wise enough to approach Orbx with a RFP to build some maps for them.  I can’t wait to Zip around SoCal in X-plane!  
 

-Preston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skybluerob said:

Looks amazing.  I'm not sure of  the differences between SD and HD though, does it make a huge lot of difference, especially as I enjoy flying in VR?  Thanks.

 

Yes, it does make a noticeable difference when you are down low. Get above a couple thousand feet and its all the same, but down low its really nice. I like to replay my flights and watch from the outside while I'm chilling watching tv. I really like the crispness when that the HD provides when doing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kerrygipe said:

 

Yes, it does make a noticeable difference when you are down low. Get above a couple thousand feet and its all the same, but down low its really nice. I like to replay my flights and watch from the outside while I'm chilling watching tv. I really like the crispness when that the HD provides when doing this.

Sounds ideal, I might try the HD version when it's released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New computer is ready for Southern California. Will continue heading south from KSFO into the LA area for another video in my Pacific West By Air series. Which aircraft will it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, I have the northern Californian pack so this will be a great add.. Can I please ask when some more decent Aussie Scenery for X-Plane 11 will come out it seems only PD3 and the other sims have really quality Aussie stuff, would be great to see more products released for X-Plane 11 as well. 

 

Great products! just some more X-Plane 11 PLEASE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can report that I am quite pleased with SoCal from the findings of my inaugural short flight in a Cessna from KBUR (Bob Hope) to KSMO (Santa Monica) in VR. Visuals were pretty good using 11.50b6 vulkan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

Are the helipads in the Los Angeles area modelled, solid and landable? Considering buying it but curious how the helipads are and its important for me.

 

Kind regards.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HD is downloading and installing now... and they have it at a reduced price for the moment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, futurebreadmachine said:

Hello!

 

Are the helipads in the Los Angeles area modelled, solid and landable? Considering buying it but curious how the helipads are and its important for me.

 

Kind regards.

 

 

 

I've attempted a couple of rooftop helipads at downtown LA and found them not to be solid and therefore not landable. I can't find any settings to enable or disable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...