Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have Nick's excellent description on how to install HF1.

Before I set off on that process I thought I would inquire from anyone who has installed it whether they think it is worth doing.

By this I mean using settings you used in v5, have you noticed lower VRAM or clearer/better Orbx scenery presentation on the screen?

Smoother flying?

Any negatives?

Thanks

TTM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patience is a virtue.. normally x.1 works a treat if you can wait that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is worth installing as LM have fixed a lot of issues. ATC works well and the ocean colour is a whole lot better. There is still a flashing or tearing in the clouds though. Better than the first release....in my opinion.:rollmyeyes:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

I have Nick's excellent description on how to install HF1.

Before I set off on that process I thought I would inquire from anyone who has installed it whether they think it is worth doing.

By this I mean using settings you used in v5, have you noticed lower VRAM or clearer/better Orbx scenery presentation on the screen?

Smoother flying?

Any negatives?

Thanks

TTM

 

 

 

My goal with P3Dv5 was to be able to operate in Greater London with a reasonable FPS.
It hasn't been long yet, but it's better. The look has improved a lot.
Let's wait a little longer to see ... one thing I have in mind: the new one will always be the one that the developer will fine tune.^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my one issue was the invisible walls I had hit, so far they seem to have sorted this.......the rest I like so far...still have 4.5 with my other addons like the Buses and some Boeings.....also have XP and that runs nice too, I swop around sims depending what I want where I am going and what we are testing.....

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I installed the HF1 as to Nicks clear and precise instructions.... thank you Nick,

 

Visually I saw the improvement  with the enhanced atmospheric weather.  I have everything checked here and set to max except cloud draw distance which is set to the middle mark. Cloud quality is looking Fab and really a improvement in fact never seen  a better flight environment in V4 .5 even with REX Enhancements and PTA in my opinion.  The environment has more depth Using the real sky feature ( I guess it’s called ) on my setup anyway in comparison than with V4.5  and my Orbx products.

 

Will be awesome days ahead once ActiveSky and REX get upgraded V5!

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by FSRobert
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very happy with it.  Before the patch v5 was virtually unusable for me with so many crashes but now I can safely say it's the best flightsim I've used.  Still have to add traffic but so much better than 4.5 which itself was so much better than FSX.  Great work by the Prepar3d people.

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, for one, never had the crashes that others have mentioned.   The update was simple as was the installation of Orbx products and those update for v5 by others.  By asking the question, it would seem you are leaning toward going forward, all you will lose by trying is the upgrade fee :huh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

I, for one, never had the crashes that others have mentioned.   The update was simple as was the installation of Orbx products and those update for v5 by others.  By asking the question, it would seem you are leaning toward going forward, all you will lose by trying is the upgrade fee :huh:.

And even the upgrade fee is not a problem because LM has a 2 (or 4?) weeks refund policy if you´re not happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 10:33 AM, wain71 said:

my one issue was the invisible walls I had hit, so far they seem to have sorted this.......the rest I like so far...still have 4.5 with my other addons like the Buses and some Boeings.....also have XP and that runs nice too, I swop around sims depending what I want where I am going and what we are testing.....

Invisible walls Wain?  Do you have crash detect on?

 

One thing I've noticed is flickering scenery near the sky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 12:02 PM, FSRobert said:

I installed the HF1 as to Nicks clear and precise instructions.... thank you Nick

Hi Robert, if you get a chance can you send me your settings in screen shots?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hej Jack, I sure will. I am heading to work now but I will get them to you after.

 

Hope allis well on your end and you and yours are staying Healthy,  Here in Stockholm all is well and Healthy for us during these interesting times we are living in...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FSRobert said:

Hej Jack, I sure will. I am heading to work now but I will get them to you after.

 

Hope allis well on your end and you and yours are staying Healthy,  Here in Stockholm all is well and Healthy for us during these interesting times we are living in...

Thanks Robert.  All is well, Georgia is open for business.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

One thing I've noticed is flickering scenery near the sky

 

True Sky is in beta and it is reported to LM along with other TrueSky anomalies. But it is soooo much better than what we had in previous versions that I can deal with it until it is repaired. I do hope they fix that soon though.

 

For the rest, I'm very happy with V5 as of yet. Most annoying for me are the reflective ground textures due to being PBR. The effect is very visible with the sun low on the horizon. The next thing that isn't solved in V5 is popping autogen.

 

But as many people say, implementing DX12 is het very best thing LM has done and has a lot of potential.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

 

True Sky is in beta and it is reported to LM along with other TrueSky anomalies. But it is soooo much better than what we had in previous versions that I can deal with it until it is repaired. I do hope they fix that soon though.

 

For the rest, I'm very happy with V5 as of yet. Most annoying for me are the reflective ground textures due to being PBR. The effect is very visible with the sun low on the horizon. The next thing that isn't solved in V5 is popping autogen.

 

But as many people say, implementing DX12 is het very best thing LM has done and has a lot of potential.

Thanks Ben, seeing the same.  I wonder if LM even did any beta testing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Robert.  All is well, Georgia is open for business.

Must be nice , no haircut for me anytime soon .........:rolleyes::(:angry:

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BradB said:

Must be nice , no haircut for me anytime soon .........:rolleyes::(:angry:

I had my wife trim my hair, showed her how to use my beard trimmer on the comb.  It looks better than when I go to get it cut!

I won't get into some of the stipulations they have here though John, I don't want to get flamed again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here ya go Jack...the settings I am using and happy with.    

 

dLRBuv.png

 

S4B84v.png

 

d9rUfj.png

 

wzoe6c.png

 

DOyxUS.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FSRobert said:

Here ya go Jack...the settings I am using and happy with.    

Outstanding Robert, thank you sir, I really appreciate it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, these settings work good on my system.  I do have a vram question.   I was wondering which slider  affects vram most.  With SP1 my vram performance has improved in Seattle but still higher than I would like 3.9-4.2 instead of 5 and greater.  Just wanted to ask which slider or sliders I should temp reduce for higher vram areas.  Thanks for everyone's help.

 

Thanks,

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one setting  that Mr Roberts has shown us in his resolution setting of  2560x1440 i.e. sightly more than 1K HD I ssume

that from that also  - that his monitor is a std  1980 x 1040 - or HD.

 

I thought - from what I read elsewhere -  that the sim was now 4K capable since making use of DX12

capabilities in PBR for example. In other words - at last ---  LM were moving up to the latest generally available

visual hardware - viz:- 4K HRD 10 120 hz

Therefore I am not surprised that he has the sliders to the right and he his happy with the sim .

 

There is one massive difference of 4 X the work load of the computer to get from what this  - new standard

 resolution requires - because the new MS sim gives us that need to have 4K monitors.

 

When I first came back to flight simming 10 months ago - I found that using my 4K monitor with both P3D and XP11

was a waste of time - no matter what my settings were - on P3D - I could not get any clarity - and what was even worse on XP 11

I could only get a 1/4 size picture - without stretching the pixels - again reducing the need for a 4K monitor.

 

I solved the problem by reverting back to my 1K HD monitor - 1980x 1040 - resolution in P3D V4 set at the correct numbers -  and even 

with my mid range Computer I can get a good performance - both in resolution appearance - and performance - 30FPS constant.

 

Many of the problems that have cropped up in the last 2 weeks with V5 - is not whether or not one has a great CPU - GRU -or massive RAM

- it is a matter of correctly lining up the resolution set in P3DV5 - which is now capable of 4K - with that of your monitor.

 

Those with top line computers - 2080 etc - 11Gigs - will get super results with a 4K Monitor and will be able to make full use of the Sims HRD capability

always assuming one knows how HRD is achieved - better contrasts and the best step before the next generation - 8K OLED.

 

We have learned that to be with it "hardware wise" - we have to have a massive P,C upgrade to use the new sim MS are proposing - and LM are trying to 

get as close as they can using DX12 and full use of your cores - so we still need to upgrade to use its best potential - to use the final piece of hardware 

needed - a Monitor capable of using what the sim is designed for  - the next step for LM staying in the game is 8K - which the new MS is already capable of

and the new X- Box is also up to scratch at 4Kx120 Hz and 8K x 60Hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2020 at 12:31 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Outstanding Robert, thank you sir, I really appreciate it!

Robert,

 

That is a stunning video. I thought it was real for quite a while.

 

The "True Sky" is much better on your system that mine which appears to be bluish. Thankyou for providing your settings to Jack which I will try.

 

Cheers,

 

gibo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gibo said:

The "True Sky" is much better on your system that mine which appears to be bluish.

Have you activated Enhanced Atmospherics? The bluish tint is from the legacy, pre-V5 versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Have you activated Enhanced Atmospherics? The bluish tint is from the legacy, pre-V5 versions.

Yes I did . But not activated atm.

 

Will try Roberts settings.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 10:16 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Invisible walls Wain?  Do you have crash detect on?

 

One thing I've noticed is flickering scenery near the sky.

yeah it was a commin thing on release, crash detection off, it happened to some and not to others.....I have seen sparkling trees......just bought the new trees so hopefully the sparkles will go....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2020 at 7:55 AM, John Heaton said:

The one setting  that Mr Roberts has shown us in his resolution setting of  2560x1440 i.e. sightly more than 1K HD I ssume

that from that also  - that his monitor is a std  1980 x 1040 - or HD.

 

I thought - from what I read elsewhere -  that the sim was now 4K capable since making use of DX12

capabilities in PBR for example. In other words - at last ---  LM were moving up to the latest generally available

visual hardware - viz:- 4K HRD 10 120 hz

Therefore I am not surprised that he has the sliders to the right and he his happy with the sim .

 

There is one massive difference of 4 X the work load of the computer to get from what this  - new standard

 resolution requires - because the new MS sim gives us that need to have 4K monitors.

 

When I first came back to flight simming 10 months ago - I found that using my 4K monitor with both P3D and XP11

was a waste of time - no matter what my settings were - on P3D - I could not get any clarity - and what was even worse on XP 11

I could only get a 1/4 size picture - without stretching the pixels - again reducing the need for a 4K monitor.

 

I solved the problem by reverting back to my 1K HD monitor - 1980x 1040 - resolution in P3D V4 set at the correct numbers -  and even 

with my mid range Computer I can get a good performance - both in resolution appearance - and performance - 30FPS constant.

 

Many of the problems that have cropped up in the last 2 weeks with V5 - is not whether or not one has a great CPU - GRU -or massive RAM

- it is a matter of correctly lining up the resolution set in P3DV5 - which is now capable of 4K - with that of your monitor.

 

Those with top line computers - 2080 etc - 11Gigs - will get super results with a 4K Monitor and will be able to make full use of the Sims HRD capability

always assuming one knows how HRD is achieved - better contrasts and the best step before the next generation - 8K OLED.

 

We have learned that to be with it "hardware wise" - we have to have a massive P,C upgrade to use the new sim MS are proposing - and LM are trying to 

get as close as they can using DX12 and full use of your cores - so we still need to upgrade to use its best potential - to use the final piece of hardware 

needed - a Monitor capable of using what the sim is designed for  - the next step for LM staying in the game is 8K - which the new MS is already capable of

and the new X- Box is also up to scratch at 4Kx120 Hz and 8K x 60Hz


John, I purchased a Dell UltraSharp 32 4K monitor ( U3219Q )  along with some other hardware in preparation to run for MSFS 2020 at ideal plus Specs. Which have arrived ( yay )  will be waiting for the 3080ti to come out and snatch that up once it hits the market.  In the meantime I will use my trusty 1080 GTX.  I will post the same type of video with the 4K and the new hardware  and see if any visual differences can be noticed... might be interesting. Of course I first need to built everything into my computer case... blah will take time and hopping the FSGods are with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always fun to start putting the parts together into a new build :) Have fun Robert!

 

Cheers!

Landon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...