Nick ae you going to contact him or do you want me to and if so how do i contact him on this issues thanks. This is really weird I have never seen this happened at this airport ....

The fact that there is a blue box around his name means that he has been sent a notification.

Posted (edited)

Thank you nick. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it still the same issue just a heads up :rollmyeyes:

Edited by goodperson36

One of the ICAO issues maybe?  KGPI vs. KFCA.

1 minute ago, medx421 said:

One of the ICAO issues maybe?  KGPI vs. KFCA.

Yeah I notice there are 2 aiports in montana with the same airport name but different ICAO....

Just now, goodperson36 said:

Yeah I notice there are 2 aiports in montana with the same airport name but different ICAO....

Ugghh.  This is likely going to be the issue.  It is fixable, but needs some work.  I'm at work and can't dive into it.  Essentially when the sim sees 2 different ICAO's for the same field it causes issues.  Even on the add-on fields.  The key will be to remove the old KFCA ICAO, but you have to dive in the .bgl's themselves a bit do do it.  Do you have the program LittleNavMap by chance?

1 hour ago, medx421 said:

Ugghh.  This is likely going to be the issue.  It is fixable, but needs some work.  I'm at work and can't dive into it.  Essentially when the sim sees 2 different ICAO's for the same field it causes issues.  Even on the add-on fields.  The key will be to remove the old KFCA ICAO, but you have to dive in the .bgl's themselves a bit do do it.  Do you have the program LittleNavMap by chance?

I dont have LittleNavmap never heard of it but willing to work with you to get this fixed

34 minutes ago, goodperson36 said:

I dont have LittleNavmap never heard of it but willing to work with you to get this fixed

LittleNavMap is a freeware software that has a whole bunch of functions such as flight planning, moving map, scenery viewer, etc.  Where it is applicable here is looking at an airport, ot more specifically an ICAO, and showing you what scenery .bgl's hold the ADE.  In your case, I'd be interested to see what it has to say for both KFCA and KGPI.  That would give me an idea of what file needs to be modified.  I don't have the Glacier Park scenery, so I don't know if it is coded as FCA or GPI.  So either your simulator default data is saying FCA, and the addon scenery is saying GPI (likely the case), or the other way around.  In any event, I'm at work until tomorrow, but if you want to look at it, here is the link for LittleNavMap.  I will also post a thread where I discuss the procedure used if you want to look at it.  If you do go tinkering, just make sure you backup everything first in case things go awry.  If the author or someone else is able to help you as well, that's perfect too.  https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

May I jump in here?  I have KGPI installed, but LittleNavMap still lists the airport as KFCA.  Nevertheless, it would appear the KGPI installer does all the work for the user, as there are adjustments to KFCA files being turned off and a couple of .bgl files in particular being added, in addition to the usual KGPI files being present as expected.  None of these file manipulations were done by myself that I recall (unless directed to do so by Greg J. at some point--I don't remember) and the airport, particularly at Rwy 2, looks fine.  I don't know what to recommend if uninstall/reinstall has already been done, but I thought to contribute my experience to the discussion, for whatever it's worth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

May I jump in here?  I have KGPI installed, but LittleNavMap still lists the airport as KFCA.  Nevertheless, it would appear the KGPI installer does all the work for the user, as there are adjustments to KFCA files being turned off and a couple of .bgl files in particular being added, in addition to the usual KGPI files being present as expected.  None of these file manipulations were done by myself that I recall (unless directed to do so by Greg J. at some point--I don't remember) and the airport, particularly at Rwy 2, looks fine.  I don't know what to recommend if uninstall/reinstall has already been done, but I thought to contribute my experience to the discussion, for whatever it's worth.

Great input Stewart, and thank you.  The main reason I went down the path that I did, is that I recently dealt with this exact texture anomaly with Boulder City.  Even though @Ken Hall made some fixes to make it compatible with P3Dv5 and their updated ICAO database, I still had a slight elevation issue with 61B/BVU.  The elevation issue caused the exact same issue experienced here.  I suspect that @goodperson36 may be having a similar issue and may need the elevation data .bgl tweaked a hair.  With Boulder City, I removed all references of 61B in P3Dv4.5 by tweaking the .bgl's and the elevation file.  Once I did this, it worked fine even with Ken Hall's wonderful scenery.

Yeah I will wait for Greg jones to fix this issues/ I dont have the time and patience to try and figure this out. I am not a tech person and not very tech savvy so i hope Nick gets a rsponse fron Mr Jones in how to fix this issue. I will only do this if i have a step to step tutorial telling me how to fix this issue....Thanks for the help...

Okay.  Best of luck to you and getting your issue resolved :-)

Hello goodperson36,

I have taken another look for you and it seems that it is as simple as objectflow not working.

Here is a simple test.

Objectflow working:

2020-5-3_9-38-38-567.jpg

Objectflow deliberately disabled

2020-5-3_9-44-36-922.jpg

If you have installed it at all, please check all the advice in this topic and follow it.

Hi Nick where do I find this info because I looked in my documents but I can’t find this Delete Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2 how do I find this  and where do I go thanks

Edwin

Hello Edwin,

I have attached your new topic to this one.

If you can't find the folder, it means that it is not there.

As it is not there, it is not contributing to the problem.

Ok so what’s next  because object flow is installed and I have installed uninstalled and still the same issues ...

Posted (edited)

I just installed it into the main library because in Orbx Central that’s the only options it gives you...

Edited by goodperson36

If that is in the appdata folder, please create a new Library that is not inside any of the default Windows folders.

Uninstall objectflow from where it is and install it into your new library instead.

Thanks.

Hello,

you don't need to find it.

Just uninstall objectflow, create a new Orbx Central Library, anywhere you like except

inside any folder added to your PC by Windows and install objectflow into that please.

Posted (edited)

Ok nick when I am ask to enable it on preparv4.5 it says Enable add-on Orbx Obeject Flow 2 why is it saying 2 I think that’s the problem as far as making a folder I have no clue how to even to that...I give up I have never had any issues with this airport until now ..this is quite strange ....I can live without this airport until someone at Orbx fixes this issues I have kids to attend to and can’t sit here all day trying to fix this issue...not upset at you just frustrated at the situation...

Edited by goodperson36

Did you move the objectflow installation or did you get stuck at

"as far as making a folder I have no clue how to even to that"?

I need a full blown tutorial on how to make  a folder and how all this works because I am clueless at this point 

I have the exact same issue as the first post of this thread. Blurry ground textures. I tried all the recommended fixes, and nothing has worked. This is the only Orbx scenery that this is happening for right now. All other airports I believe are working fine.

Posted (edited)

Wasn't there an update to Central Rockies / Pacific Northwest recently (?) - wonder if related (there was an odd message about renaming or removing scenery files with !xxxxx in the name on first P3D run after this) - also experiencing same thing (I have verified files in Central - no change)

Edited by julian46

I having this issue as well. I landed at GPI today and noticed the ground textures were missing. I tried, uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying files and still nothing. Still the same every time. 

Posted (edited)

What am I missing? This is very annoying. Nothing is working. I'm sure it will be resolved however this should be an issue. I have no issues at my other Turbulent/Orbx airport. KMBS and KIDA all work fine. 

2020-5-15_22-7-51-144.jpg

Edited by tangjuice81

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

did you attempt the advice in the objectflow topic?

Yes, Nick I did. I'm not seeing the object flow in p3d/addons (it's in another directory with Terra Flora2) and there is no objectflow addon menu in P3D. Thanks. 

Edited by tangjuice81