Artur S.

LGKO: black fence

Hello All!

I have bought LGKO and noticed the two issues:

1. The fence is black - see the screenshot.

2. Several dozen of miles before LGKO - I don't know exactly how many, maybe 15-30nm - the sim "frozes" for about 5 seconds.

Additional info: after installation LGKO via Orbx Central I got warning that there were some errors and the scenery may work not properly. The solution is to perform "Verify files" what I obviously did. Unfortunately, I uninstalled and installed the scenery twice but always got the same warning, and both issues are still presents.

Can you help me to solve these problems, please?

Scenery version: 1.2.0

Orbx Central version: 4.1.1

Sim version: P3D v4.4

OS version: Win7/64bit

Transaction ID: 5e8a47c0b6fe5

Installed Global Vector, LC Europe, Base Pack and trees HD

Thanks in advance and regards - Artur

lgko.jpg

Edited by Artur S.

Hi There,

Thanks for providing the textures - I have exactly the same issue with the fence textures and I pasted in the ones you attached and the fence is still black - the fence texture files were already in the kos texture folder as the files you shared overwrote them.  Any other ideas?  I had the same 'error warning' when installing/updating and I've since uninstalled and reinstalled with still black fences.  Thanks in advance!

Paul

Hi Raz,

as Paul noticed I also had both files in texture directory, exactly the same like you shared in terms of size and timestamp. However I replaced them for yours but it didn't help, and I'm still suffering the issue with black fence.

Another idea?

Regards - Artur

Hi Artur, 

We are really on it and try to track that weird issue. 

We have some quick solutions in mind and those will come within day or two. 

Raz

Hi Artur & Raz,

I just verified the files in my Orbx Libraries Orbx Central and the fence textures are back - hope it works for you Artur!

Paul.

Hello!

today I noticed that LGKO new version 1.2.1. is available. I updated it, verified the libraries but this didn't help and the issue is still present.... Paul is lucky...

Regards - Artur

I was notified by Orbx Central about availability of an update, that's why I installed it hoping it would help. Should i downgrade LGKO to the previous version? But if so - how to do it?

Nevertheless the issue is not depeneding on LGKO version....

Regards - Artur

From how it's "behave" we have got the impression is something with the installation process with OC. 

We will check it deeply with Orbx guys to find sufficient solution and quick. 

• Like 1

Hi Raz,

today I once again uninstalled and installed LGKO, but got the same error as before:

error.jpg.d4c9030b6b3550b9be4e26557d3cc7d6.jpg

....and unfortunately the fence remains black.

Looking in texture directory I confirmed that both files (.dds) you have shared previously are present there, nevertheless I noticed one thing: in scenery directory there is a file KOS_FENCE.bgl, but there is no KOS_REJAS.bgl. Maybe this is the problem?

Regards - Artur

Edited by Artur S.

@Nick Cooper see the OC issue.

As for the black fence- from the checks and trials we made in addition to the replays above good chances it's something related to the installation from OC (even we user install the specific files of the fence manualy). 

lets first solve the issue with the installation you getting here and proceed to the other one. 

Raz

Hello Raz,

I have installed the airport into P3D v5 but the simulator will not start.

It loads to 5% and stops.

I have tried with the airport installed inside P3D v5.

P3D v5 will not start, it loads to 5% and stops.

I uninstalled and reinstalled your airport in P3D v4 using Orbx Central and the fence appears to be textured.

2020-5-13_22-40-49-257.jpg

I did notice that at a certain viewing angle, the static airliner vanishes.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Hello Raz,

I have the same problem. LGKO does not start in P3d_v5 HF1. On a landing approach, the Sim crashes about 10 Miles before Kos.

So Kos in P3d_v5 is not compatible for me.

Regards

Dietrich

Kos for P3Dv5 HF1 is not compatible yet- that's right. 

We have done and release the P3Dv5 version however LM made some changes on HF1 affected many other sceneries of other develoeprs. We are working out to solve that thing asap and will inform you at the moment we will update it. 

Raz

Hi,

I've installed the latest update & the files in this post but still have the black fence in p3d v4

Please could you let me know about this?

Hello, I had also the Black Fence issue in P3DV4.5.

I've recompiled the KOS_FENCE.dds texture with Photoshop in "DXT5  8bpp (interpolated Alpha) - No MIP maps", saved, overwritten and the black problem has been solved.

Here below please find attached the KOS_FENCE texture i've recompiled through Photoshop and which solved the issue.

Let me know if it helps :) 

KOS_FENCE.zip

Edited by Ste_88

@Ste_88

Thanks for the hand here- will have a look of it and will use it as an update if will find it working (seems like a simple thing). 

That specific dds is the one casue the problem on V5 (which have been solved already). 

nice :) 

Raz