John Venema

YBBN Brisbane International - 32 new shots!

Hello all,

As we put the final touches to YBBN, I thought I would walk around the airport and take some snaps. These are not from the final build, that's coming early next week. Russ will be showing you the absolutely stunning night lighting soon. These shots are from all over the airport in no particular order, and take in the international, domestic, cargo, maintenance, GA, docks and landside areas.

Lots more to come - enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you were impressed by YMML and Tamworth's level of detail, this airport is a whole new level again.

Just Fantastic guys i take my hat off to you for the hard work and yet raising the bar once again.

cheers

Iain

WOW!!! Absolutely amazing.  That is so photo-real its like real photos.  Congratulations Russ and Marty.  You have created a new level of excellence.

:o  :o:D  ;D

WOW at the incredible amount of detail put into this very amazing international airport for FSX!!!

Btw: I think you've added a duplicated screenshot of the Brunei 767.

As a regular visitor to the airport all I can say is you have captured the look and feel of YBBN very well indeed. You guys are a cut WELL above everyone else when it comes to this.

Just one question, will YBBN come with both runways support (01/19 and 14/32) like YMML?

Wade

As a regular visitor to the airport all I can say is you have captured the look and feel of YBBN very well indeed. You guys are a cut WELL above everyone else when it comes to this.

Just one question, will YBBN come with both runways support (01/19 and 14/32) like YMML?

Wade

No not for release. Its quite a different layout to YMML and its technically difficult to get it to behave properly so we may not come up with a satisfactory solution.

I never buy main airports as I do not fly tubeliners and my little bush planes don't feel welcome in these haughty places, yet after seeing these shots, and the shots of the port, I might just make an exception and buy my first major airport!

Fantastic work!!  Unbelievable detail!!  One wonders what comes next.  Maybe we will be able to drive our cars into the car park and then walk to our planes before going for a fly.......when we come back to our cars to drive home we will probably be hit with a parking fee!!  :D :D

I didn't see a shot of the plane spotters' area with some spotters watching with their binoculars and listening on their scanners.

I didn't see a shot of the plane spotters' area

Pop back here in a couple of hours then, when i will have uploaded some new screen shots of the latest work  ;)

Russ.

I didn't see a shot of the plane spotters' area

Pop back here in a couple of hours then, when i will have uploaded some new screen shots of the latest work  ;)

Russ.

I wasnt even expecting the plane viewing area, Now i can stand there with bob watching the traffic ;D

I think when we have this and the new 737, the tubeliners will be in seventh heaven.

Melbourne to Brisbane, Brisbane to Melbourne, etc., etc.......

Frank

No we have not used 3DS lights and texture baking. That was the original plan, but prooved too inflexible for the multitude of requirements for this airport and surrounding scenery. Therefore all the lighting effects, shadowing and light bounce is all simulated by hand in photoshop in texture.

Russ.

YES truly a masterpiece of work. I can see that when I am not flying I will have to do ATC vatsim for YBBN because I think every FTX customer will be flying in and out of here hehehe. Well You guys have really worked hard on this and it shows. We all thank you for your efforts and can't wait to see what is coming next.

To me as I am up at this airport almost 4 times a week both domestic and international picking up tour groups, it looks just like being there!

I also hope that in the future you will release a new road map to show off the new road system now in place. But this will satisfy even the harshest critic of ORBX!

Thank god JV started this company that's all I can say!

GO TEAM YEAH TEAM GO ORBX!!!!!!!!!