Buying other addons to use ontop of Orbx global

Hi

was about to purchase the base addon.  The whole global world thing.  Does this update the whole worlds land mass textures etc? trees? buildings? fields?

Also there is then a free airport update.   Does this include east midlands airport in England.   It doesn't say what airports are supported or revamped.

Also I did find East midlands airport separate.  But it seems its only for the p3D program or whatever it is.   Does it not work with FSX TOO>

Also I did find a great third-party update for the airport.  Will it be compatible with Orbx base global scenery update.

thanks in advance

Hi

im totally new to fsx.  did some lessons etc and I want to add some scenery.   I wanted a global scenery addon and there is one  here or flyawaysimulation site.  

If I used the paid one here will it effect fps.  and also can I still use various other addons from different people ontop of the Orbx global.  

I want to install east midlands airport which is near where I live and its the main airport I use for flying around on holidays.    This website offers a great version of it. 

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page29.html   its fully detailed with loads of traffic.

I know Orbx do airport addon but I don't know which airports it does them for or how good they are.

my aim is to add an airport to the game each time I go on holiday and replicate the flight.  So if im flying to paris then I would install the best paris airport I can get and enjoy it.

but will other addons work on top of the Orbx global scenery addon.thanks

Orbx Global is only a texture replace product so it will not harm your FPS. Orbx Vector will come with an FPS drop since the coastlines, roads, lakes, etc. are more actually shaped.

Then, there is Orbx Open LC Europe. Since the autogen is much more dense than the default, it will eat some frames but not too many. I can fly fighter jets over Orbx Global products without losing autogen or texture sharpness.

On Orbx Direct, each airport product page tells you with what Orbx scenery it's compatible with.

Edited by bvdboomen

Global does not enhance airports neither do Vector and Open LC. Only regions enhance airports.

Look at Orbx Direct if the product is compatible with FSX. All information is there.

“I know Orbx do airport addon but I don't know which airports it does them for or how good they are“

UK20000 do some nice strips but not same standard as Orbx.   Check out Orbx Direct and look at the screen shots

hi thanks for this.

how ever once again on the list it is showing east midlands airport being only for xplane 11  or p3d.    I thought p3d versions work with fsx.  I really want to purchase it before the offer vanishes.

Also if that does not work will the UK2000 scenery one work on top of the Orbx global.

PS.. people keep saying Orbx direct.. im not sure what that is or can not find it.   I found Orbx Global addon.

8 hours ago, Rajsta said:

how ever once again on the list it is showing east midlands airport being only for xplane 11  or p3d.    I thought p3d versions work with fsx.

Here is the page for East Midlands:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/egnx

And it's for Xplane 11 and P3Dv4 only because it uses advanced techniques and is therefor not compatible with FSX.

hi thanks for the reply.

so Orbx version of east midlands is a no go.

now the final query.   can I use uk2000 scenery addon on top of Orbx stuff.

I want to purchase the Orbx global. Apply the free Orbx airport patch.   Then apply the uk2000 scenery addon of east midlands airport 

will this work?

I cannot answer that since I have no uk2000 airports.

What I can imagine is, that the airports backgrounds could have slightly different colors than the surrounding Orbx textures.

Look at this for instance.

Edited by bvdboomen