Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey listen my debt card keeps getting rejected.  Is there any way you guys could please accept Google Pay or Amazon Pay?

 

I read the forum thread why no Paypal.  I "get it".

 

It's just a real hassle to have to call Banner Bank and request a special hold every time I want to buy something from you guys.

 

Thanks for understanding @Ed Correia and staff!

Edited by JosefK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

       I am not aware of your Banks policy, however you can ask your Bank to recognise Orbx as a verified online store. Just a hint. :smile:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orbx needs to address this issue. I live in the United States and many of the nation's banks, including my own, are no longer permitting overseas purchases using debit and credit cards. Phoning the bank will not work if the bank or bank-card issuer does not permit overseas purchases as a matter of policy. For several years, I overcame this problem by going to my local AAA (American Automobile Association) and buying a prepaid international card, which I used solely for my purchases from Orbx. About a year ago, however, AAA stopped issuing these cards altogether. As a result, I can no longer buy anything at all from Orbx. Orbx needs to read a good manual on sound business practices and pay particular attention to chapters on "friction at point of sale": the bigger the hassle your customers face in making purchases, the fewer sales you're going to make. I made a post on this subject two or three years ago, and the only response from Orbx was a lazy, unresponsive "we're doing okay" (with our sales). Fine. I used to spend hundreds of dollars a year with Orbx. Now I spend nothing. And I'm not unique.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One would have thought that Visa, Mastercard and American Express were acceptable forms of payment for international transactions, regardless if debit or credit? Sounds very draconian that a bank will not permit international transactions, obviously they do so to limit their exposure or fees. I would take my banking elsewhere if I was restricted that way. 

 

Anyways, we are looking at re-introducing other payment methods soon. Bit of work happening in the background so expect some news later this month.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In what is becoming a truly global economy it does indeed seem strange that a bank would restrict international purchases. I have no trouble making purchases of all sorts from many countries with either my Master Card or Visa. We are also protected from fraudulent purchases made by others with our credit cards. Always a simple and secure method to buy what you want/need. I also use a credit card regularly for local and international business purchases. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a  VISA card from my bank in Spain and have NEVER had an issue to pay with it regardless from what country I buy.  I also have a VISA card from Sweden and I can use it for any type of purchase from any country. If your bank does not want to give you the service you need, change bank. I think it is a bit unfair to blane Orbx for a problem that clearly is created by your bank.

 

Jack

 

 

Edited by Jack the Swede in Spain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bernard Nieberg said:

In what is becoming a truly global economy it does indeed seem strange that a bank would restrict international purchases. I have no trouble making purchases of all sorts from many countries with either my Master Card or Visa. We are also protected from fraudulent purchases made by others with our credit cards. Always a simple and secure method to buy what you want/need. I also use a credit card regularly for local and international business purchases. 

 

2 hours ago, Jack the Swede in Spain said:

I have a  VISA card from my bank in Spain and have NEVER had an issue to pay with it regardless from what country I buy.  I also have a VISA card from Sweden and I can use it for any type of purchase from any country. If your bank does not want to give you the service you need, change bank. I think it is a bit unfair to blane Orbx for a problem that clearly is created by your bank.

 

Jack

 

 

 

I concur and agree. I bank with a large U.S. Bank and I have always been able to make international purchases with ease and without issue using my bank issued debit/credit card. Also, my girlfriend works for a mid-size bank and she has told me they allow their members to make international purchases using their bank debit/credit cards as well.  I also submit this is not an Orbx problem. If my bank DID tell me I could no longer make international purchases, then I would go find a new bank. It's my money, after all, and so long as I am making legal purchases, I should be able to spend it where I like to. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

 

 

I concur and agree. I bank with a large U.S. Bank and I have always been able to make international purchases with ease and without issue using my bank issued debit/credit card. Also, my girlfriend works for a mid-size bank and she has told me they allow their members to make international purchases using their bank debit/credit cards as well.  I also submit this is not an Orbx problem. If my bank DID tell me I could no longer make international purchases, then I would go find a new bank. It's my money, after all, and so long as I am making legal purchases, I should be able to spend it where I like to. 

My VISA card has never caused a problem purchasing Orbx products...never.

 

@David Mills If your bank no longer allows overseas purchases, it's not an Orbx problem, but your and your bank's problem.  To come down on Orbx for what is a banking problem is unfair.  And if one chooses not to solve one's credit card/bank problem and not purchase Orbx products, what is there left to say?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...