Adam Banks

PMDG NGX - loss of some click spots

Question

I've been running the NGX and Chaseplane for years - and not had this issue before. Basically, I've lost around 50% of my click spots in the VC.

There've been numerous posts in various places with all sorts of ideas and possible fixes - all of which I've tried to no avail. I've totally wiped my old NGX install and re-installed: still no luck.

I'll post in PMDG support, but thought I'd try here as well, in case it's a known Chaseplane problem.

Yes - I *have* tried the moving the camera viewpoint in all six axes ...

Any ideas anyone?

Adam.

3 answers to this question

Hello Adam.

I do find that moving the eyepoint will render clickspots inoperative,

I believe that happens when it moves outside the model.

But you say that you have ruled that out. 

Hi Nick - thanks for chipping in.

Yes - I've tried moving in all six degrees of freedom (not simply zooming). I've seen this happen on other aircraft - once or twice, maybe, in all my  years of simming - but never with the NGX. The weird thing is that at least 50% of them work normally - some are even right next to each other.

My guess is that the various switches/knobs are programmed differently. Some advice has been to check you have all the .net libraries installed - right back to the ancient ones (I think I have) or to reninstall FSUIPC - which I've also done.

In short, I've done all the voodoo out there - and virgins are hard to find in a lockdown LOL.

Annoying - especially because I've found the NGX to be one of the most stable aircraft in my hangar - despite it being pretty resource-hungry. Of course, I can still get by with 2D panels, but it does rather spoil the immersion, as I always enjoy doing full cold & dark startups fully "by the book" ;-)

Though I've tried with Chaseplane de-activated, I'm reluctant to totally uninstall it as it's such an amazing utility and I'd hate to stuff it up by uninstalling/reinstalling. The problem appears to be camera (or view) related, so it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being some sort of NGX<>Chaseplane conflict, but weird that it should happen now ... unless the latest Chaseplane update is the culprit (!).

Adam.

On a hunch, I deleted the existing fsuipc.ini file so that it got rebuilt from scratch.

FIXED!!! Yay!!!!  :D

I'll gradually re-insert sections from my backed-up version to see if I can find the culprit. This may help others similarly afflicted.

Adam.

• Thanks 1