PhilReynolds

Control assignments per preset

Question

Hi,

Are there any plans to be able to allocate control assignments to individual presets rather than a single global preference.

I currently use a joystick for some aircraft and a yoke for others, and I currently have to change my control assignments each time I switch control devices.

Many thanks

Phil

6 answers to this question

You can assign control assignments per preset by holding the CTRL key or right-clicking on the preset.

Alternatively, you can also use Named Assignments: 

Sorry, I think I worded my question badly.

I want to be able to allocate a set of control assignments to an individual aircraft, as control assignments are currently globally defined only.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Phil

You should be able to set up and save specific groups of viewpoints (assignments) that the aircraft you are using and it will save that profile. The aircraft profile will be added and when you select that aircraft it will load those assignments automatically on loading. 

chaseplane profiles.JPG

As you can see there are different viewpoints between the 2 aircraft profiles created that are specific to that aircraft

chaseplane profile A2A C172.JPG

Edited by rf253

Hi rf213, I think you've not understood, my bad explanation I'm sure!

I'm not trying to assign presets to different aircraft, I want to assign different "control assignments" (such as tilt up, pan left, etc) to different aircraft. Currently it looks like "control assignments" are global settings.

Phil

No problem Phil.

Looks like you me and others are all having the same issue as I posted another thread re the curve and transitions between viewpoints being disabled and no way to reactivate them at the moment, along with others experiencing the same problem, it worked without any issues previously but now on its startup get a error message that it will now be disabled and there is no way to reactivate it