rlaycock

chase plane will no longer start

Question

Hi I can no longer start chase plane

• I have moved my license  to the Orbx thing, every thing has been working fine since then until tonight.
  • Now when I try and start chase plane is goes through the starting phase but then shuts is self down, before I can start P3d V4.5. 
  • I have it set so that it starts independent of P3dV4.5
  • It was working fine on the weekend
  • Nothing has changed on my PC as the PC is not connected to the internet so no updates etc have been installed etc.
  • I am on version 1.162 and have no need to install any update as it is was working fine with all my add-ons
  • It simply will not run any longer than a few seconds
  • Please advise as this has effectively made my install of P3D useless as my view is now sitting in the back seat of the cockpit.

Best wishes

Bob

6 answers to this question

I have the exact same issue. Now P3d is unusable because I cannot run Chaseplane. We need some support and answers here.

Greg

Hi

But my PC is not connected to the internet

why would it stop working as nothing has / can change

Does chase plane only work for a set period of time?

If so this is not an acceptable solution as I have to move my pc to another location to update.

Please advise.

Can some one from //42 respond to these points / answer these questions

I have no need to update ChasePlane as it is working fine.

My PC is not connected to the internet so Windows or P3D etc. has not updated or changed in any way.

Why would ChasePlane need to be updated if nothing on my system has changed.

It is not a simple task to update my PC as I need to move it to a different location to connect to the internet

New Zealand  is in lock down for a month due to COVID-19 so this is not a simple task.

Does ChasePlane only work for a period of time then require reactivation or updating?

If this is the case can it be removed without updating?

I have updated and ChasePlane is working again BUT if it happens again in the next 4 weeks!!!

I do love the add on but this will  effectively stop my version of P3D from functioning

If ChasePlane does not start my views are completely wrong.

If ChasePlane stops working how can I get P3D to function again?

Best wishes

Bob

On 3/24/2020 at 2:01 PM, RunShotgun said:

Make sure you have the latest version installed in OrbxCentral

As noted in my post above

Why do I need to update to the latest version when I am happy with the way it is working and nothing else has changed or updated ?

Please advise.

Bob

Edited by rlaycock

Hi all

I received an answer from my support ticket.

Kevin did confirm that  "ChasePlane/Orbx does check for licenses and requires a connection to the server every once in a while"

For me this is a significant problem over the next month because"

• New Zealand is in lock down for a month, due to COVID – 19

• Due to the lock down I do not have the ability to purchase hardware (switches modems or wireless adapters) to enable my flight sim PC to connect to the internet.

• If chase plane requires this connection it will prevent me from using P3D, as when chase plane does not work my views are completely wrong.

• If this had been known before I could have prepared by buying some hardware.

• I don't believe it is Orbx as I have had Orbx products for close to 10 years and never had this issue

Please note

I believe Chase Plane is excellent therefore I do not want to lose the ability to use it. However if it requires a connection in the next month does anyone know how to get my old views back.  Also this will be a issue as I have changed my control set up to suite chase plane.

Best wishes

Bob