SOMETHING DIFFERENT #8 part 7A : A few memories of Tioralak, Inuit bush pilot : To Newfoundland

SOMETHING DIFFERENT #8 : The Life of Tioralak, Arctic bush pilot : 

Part 7A :To NEWFOUNDLAND

(P3D4-5 + FTX Global + vector + openLC)

For the beginning of this long Arctic World Exploration : Part 1 (Greenland) : here is the link : 
                  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174300-something-different-8-the-life-of-tioralak-artic-bush-pilot-part-1/

For the previous part 6C (All along the Labrador Coast) : go to 
                  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/187930-something-different-8-part-6c-a-few-memories-of-tioralak-inuit-bush-pilot-in-southern-labrador/

Early June 1992, I left Makkovik to Goose Bay (SE Labrador) with my friend Peter Sibbald, Canadian photographer...to finally fly upto Terre Neuve !

This journey will be about Montagnais hunters, cod fishing, whales, and iceberg alley, an old viking settlement in America, the last Beothuk, thrombolite fossils, Gros Morne National Park and all its wildlife...with many little views from Newfoundland remote places...and a lot other stuffs in order to imagine these unknown areas

(It is not exactly in the Arctic world but at the its borderland B))

01gKg0L.jpg

cCKgR3O.jpg

0tSZAWH.jpg

xr0AIOy.jpg

yEp6Nvu.jpg

l3uV1SS.jpg

dHKS34z.jpg

ipU50zv.jpg

GOOSE BAY

eVKuJIO.jpg

IOWUkTf.jpg

pYfBMhg.jpg

hMo8HVf.jpg

hiLg3g9.jpg

To BATTLE HARBOUR ISLAND...the paradise of the cod fishing a long time ago

7KzILep.jpg

xihjb0P.jpg

LSOcq6O.jpg

hlOKAyH.jpg

vM0kYv4.jpg

LnL9xxJ.jpg

3cSKUrx.jpg

qLC5nI2.jpg

VgaXmlS.jpg

wvRW9T0.jpg

kS7kDe1.jpg

etRBTNj.jpg

SDhMnFR.jpg

76pxAS4.jpg

TOKfwVO.jpg

MYr7inW.jpg

Over the sea, flying to Newfoundland Island (Terre Neuve)

sf3Y68e.jpg

m0AXpko.jpg

26k7qub.jpg

883Z1WH.jpg

Here we are L'ANSE AUX MEADOWS : Old Viking Settlement in America !

fQXxdZT.jpg

U2hK1KS.jpg

64jf2VC.jpg

MI7YUJt.jpg

7fjVrXk.jpg

iuBULFV.jpg

NkNMNAn.jpg

FLOWER'S COVE ... where to see some Thrombolites !!

(Old relatives to the Sharks Bay's stromatolites - see Something Different #2 in Australia  link  B))

9ezzjDk.jpg

b81L45X.jpg

The Last Beothuk

2r7duZV.jpg

yZw5vpS.jpg

F9UkZOI.jpg

In GROS MORNE National Park (Western Coast of Newfoundland)

khvavzD.jpg

6hE2xwr.jpg

u3Rj7zT.jpg

IthQHae.jpg

hrV6dl8.jpg

SFdGWu3.jpg

9jLtPnn.jpg

DE2FXbD.jpg

SCyYHbr.jpg

3aRkdQM.jpg

cS5XePL.jpg

Flying to Terra Nova National Park and the Eastern Coast of Newfoundland...

A3OJRMV.jpg

That's a journey ! Still hoping you liked the screenshots, some notes... and the many inserted shots :rolleyes:

Do not hesitate to leave any comments  I need to be encouraged as the trip will be long 

See you soon for the next part 7B in Eastern and Southern Newfoundland ...

...and only then to the West... long flight upto Alaska ... and at the end : Eastern Siberia !!!!   

• Like 5

Another fabulous new trip... Thanks for sharing !

Need encouragement?
Look forward to the next shot report of your alaska's adventures !!!

kit-supporter-equipe-de-france-2018.jpg.32665e4ff34a9abef6535f33a32cb7b1.jpg

Allez Jean-Marc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers :D !

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, JOE DYGAN said:

Another fabulous new trip... Thanks for sharing !

Need encouragement?
Look forward to the next shot report of your alaska's adventures !!!

thank you very much Joe - great to find a such enthusiasm :lol:

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

As always Jean Marc, I'm speechless by all the work you put into these.  Well done.

you are very kind Jack :)  Happy you continue to follow this so long journey 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, adambar said:

Another knock-out post Jean Marc, great job as always! :)

Many thanks Adam :) A very long job ! Again a few miles South and next I have to go WEST otherwise it will be never completed at the target destination in Chukotka ! :lol:

13 hours ago, 22mad said:

Great trips, great pics.

Very happy you liked ! Thank you very much :)

Again a lot of entertaining stories and pictures around historical events on cultural and demograhical aspects and a wonderful look at beautiful nature next to a lot of different planes. 

• Thanks 1
On 3/16/2020 at 7:25 PM, Rongor said:

now I want Icebergs in P3D...

I would like too :)

On 3/16/2020 at 8:57 PM, Stillwater said:

Great tour, shots, photos and stories, Jean Marc. You give us a feeling how big this country is.

and how beautiful and interesting are these areas ! -_- Thank you very much Gerold for your kind comment :)

On 3/17/2020 at 11:34 AM, ikbenik said:

Again a lot of entertaining stories and pictures around historical events on cultural and demograhical aspects and a wonderful look at beautiful nature next to a lot of different planes. 

That's all what I try to put in the post B) so they are quite long :P Many thanks Ikbenik :)

23 hours ago, Dario said:

Stunning work!!! Truly amazing. 

very glad if you spent good time to read/look it Dario - Thank you

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Liz said:

Where did you get the image of the Piper Comanche?

?well which one as there are plenty of images and several screenshots with the Comanche ...??

Anyways the sources of the pictures are very multiple - I collected hundreds of pictures during several weeks on the net, scanning from books I have, etc, and it was quite a long time ago at present not sure to remember a specific source ... :) 

PS the arctic tour will continue next ... as I targeted to fly upto Alaska/Chukotka and 80% was finished when I interrupted to fly over Africa when Open LC was released ... and started to make repaints

Just need time to inserts pictures on the screenshots and to complete the story...

(but hard to have enough hobby time ... always to much work ... and only a few hours some evenings and WE... :()

• Like 1

Beautiful work - as always.  Spent a couple of years in the Arctic, at Barter Island (Kaktovik) on the northeast coast of Alaska.  First in 1960 when I was a youngster - next in 1982 when I should have known better.  The Arctic is a fridgid desert - a few inches of snow that blows back and forth all winter, similar to desert sand.

• Thanks 1
On 8/16/2020 at 3:11 AM, olderndirt said:

Beautiful work - as always.  Spent a couple of years in the Arctic, at Barter Island (Kaktovik) on the northeast coast of Alaska.  First in 1960 when I was a youngster - next in 1982 when I should have known better.  The Arctic is a fridgid desert - a few inches of snow that blows back and forth all winter, similar to desert sand

Thanks OND. :)

I flew over Barter Island some months ago to look how remote is the place ...

You were maybe a bit too lonely in a such desert land with possible difficulties to be welcome by the few native people living there ...

Surely anyway a very interesting experience ...another world in 1960 - I read that is was only the beginning of the modern world invasion for the inuit world ... O0

2 hours ago, jean marc said:

Thanks OND. :)

I flew over Barter Island some months ago to look how remote is the place ...

You were maybe a bit too lonely in a such desert land with possible difficulties to be welcome by the few native people living there ...

Surely anyway a very interesting experience ...another world in 1960 - I read that is was only the beginning of the modern world invasion for the inuit world ... O0

The US and Canada had just constructed the DEWline along the entire Arctict coast - big time defence.  The later date was after the unsuccessful controller strike and I needed a job.

• Thanks 1
On 8/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, olderndirt said:

The US and Canada had just constructed the DEWline along the entire Arctict coast - big time defence.  The later date was after the unsuccessful controller strike and I needed a job.

Thanks for your details OND :) 

....surely plenty of small stories to tell about this time spent in the remote arctic O0 

Never met an hungry bear :lol: ? Good welcome from the inuit people or too stranger ? Surely not so easy sometimes...Great experience in a life :)

PS : I had a screenshot about the DEW line B) (#416)