Sign in to follow this  
Bluemarlin

answered Port Lincoln Installed?

Hi Everyone

I installed this afternoon Port Lincoln through the new Orbx Central however it looks very much like the AU2 version of the airport and there appears to be no sign of it in the scenery library. 

I asked for it to be installed in the P3D folder when asked and I verified the files in Orbx Central yet no sign of it anywhere.  Can anyone help me please?

Edited by Bluemarlin

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

did you install it into the P3D v4 folder or into an Orbx Central library?

Hi Nick as mentioned i opted for the default P3D4 folder as suggested if unsure.

Thanks, there is indeed no YPLC entry.

Can you try running Sync Simulator and take another look please?

This is the difference.

3.jpg

4.jpg

I tried that Nick for no change although I get an error message saying Error: An error occurred while trying to synchronise your simulator.  Using 4.1 of Orbx Central.

Please find attached Central log file.

central.log

Edited by Bluemarlin

Thanks, can you try resetting the insertion point now please?

Leave it as it was but just select one of the options and Orbx Central should rewrite it.

You will see a green banner if it succeeds.

No go Nick same message as before.  I have of recent times had some issues which i had thought was resolved in regard to folders becoming read only, could this be the problem?  I also tried disabling my AV....

Try ticking it.

This is a problem I have also had.

This is the error

2020-02-24T12:19:22.325Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Flightbeam - KDEN\add-on.ocbackup'.
2020-02-24T12:19:22.325Z [INFO] [Saturn] - File name: 'C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Flightbeam - KDEN\add-on.ocbackup'
2020-02-24T12:19:22.325Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.SyncSimulator.SyncSimulatorJobRunner.SyncESP()
2020-02-24T12:19:22.325Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.SyncSimulator.SyncSimulatorJobRunner.Execute()
2020-02-24T12:19:22.325Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Synchronizing failed.

I have no idea why it would be looking for that unless there is a corrupt add-ons scenery library entry.

I understand that if the Legacy box is ticked, Orbx Central will ignore add-on files, so it might be worth a try ticking it instead.

Hi Nick, Bingo that did it but it also screwed up my Orbx library order somewhat but have put it back to how it was.  Do i still keep the legacy box ticked permanently now?  

Many thanks for your help.

In my experience, once I had done that, the error message did not return in either configuration.

You might like to try it with the box not ticked again.

Make yourself a backup of your scenery.cfg file first. 

Hi Nick, just thought I would let you know unticking the legacy box causes issues again including rearranging the scenery library into a mess.  Hopefully keeping it ticked won’t cause other issues...

Cheers once again.