Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I can't believe how cool this is.  You guys really hit a home run with this update. 

 

The Discover map feature is incredible.

The way we update files now is so much better.

 

Well done Orbx, I wish the rest of the industry would have an interface like this.

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I wish the rest of the industry would have an interface like this.

 

That almost seems to be what they're heading for.  Seems like more and more developers are starting to sell through orbx central.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah I have to agree with you it is fantastic, I have been hoping for a map feature for a while, and the updates do look good......with a system like this you just want all the magic to happen in the background......

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with you Jack.

Brilliant work, especially the map. Well done, to all involved.

I didn't know in P3D that 5BL Beluga Lake seaplane base was next to Homer. Now I've flown out of it!

Map will make trip planning a lot simpler.

TTM

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

no, you have to opt in to the Fastlane.

 

 

Nick, I was able to update to the new version and I have never opted into Fastlane. I just opened up Orbx Central and is installed the new update automatically. Which, by the way, is fantastic as others have said. Love the new Discover feature. Great stuff here!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

you may not think so, however, you are indeed opted into the Fastlane at Orbx Direct.

It's why you can see the new version.

patful is not and that is why it is not yet visible there.

There is no grey area.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you may not think so, however, you are indeed opted into the Fastlane at Orbx Direct.

It's why you can see the new version.

patful is not and that is why it is not yet visible there.

There is no grey area.

 

 

 

Gotcha Nick, I do not remember applying for Fastlane, but no worries either way. I just did not know one way or the other. Your reply all makes sense. 

 

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I am not a participant of Fastlane but the features with the latest version look great!

 

One of the items I provided feedback for regarding better differentiation of what is  or is not installed has an even better implementation than I proposed.So thanks for listening!

 

Looking forward to v4.1 when it releases mainstream.

 

Cheers

Mark

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Gotcha Nick, I do not remember applying for Fastlane, but no worries either way. I just did not know one way or the other. Your reply all makes sense. 

You may have opted-in to Fastlane back in 2017 when we had beta builds of FTXC and ObjectFlow for Prepar3D v4

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

           I have been putting off this upgrade for fear of problems that might occur but it went well,no dramas at all,very impressive,now to check out some of the remote airstrips etc,fun,fun,many thanks ORBX,great work again!,Doc

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed!

It's great.

HOWEVER:

1. I own Australia v2 and some PNG stuff and it does not show on Discover map at all. See below.

2. I would love to be able to add items to whishlist directly from Discover map (which, again, is soooo coooool!).

3. I love the Whislist feature but I see no place where I can see the whishlist itself

 

Still - I love the new Central!

 

&

 

image.thumb.png.e551b9e8b70cf6953f286c19ff2dcc7f.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sholay said:

Agreed!

It's great.

HOWEVER:

1. I own Australia v2 and some PNG stuff and it does not show on Discover map at all. See below.

2. I would love to be able to add items to whishlist directly from Discover map (which, again, is soooo coooool!).

3. I love the Whislist feature but I see no place where I can see the whishlist itself

 

Still - I love the new Central!

 

&

 

image.thumb.png.e551b9e8b70cf6953f286c19ff2dcc7f.png

 

Try using a left mouse click (hold) and drag the map either left or right.  I just looked at mine and didn't see Samoa but did see all my AUS v2 and airports ok.  Dragging the screen to the left (for me) showed the map again but now I see Samoa.  Try and see.  :-)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the map only covers one revolution of the earth.

I believe, from start up at Zulu, you need to scroll > East to Australia. Not West < and over the date line. (I guess Samoa is over the dateline?)

(Worked for me)

Aussie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all for your feedback! :D

 

2 hours ago, Sholay said:

1. I own Australia v2 and some PNG stuff and it does not show on Discover map at all. See below.

 

1 hour ago, Aussie123 said:

I think the map only covers one revolution of the earth.

 

That is correct, it does only cover one of the 'worlds'. We'll look into ways we can improve this ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...