Jrbaird19

No taxiway lights for Key West

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Your mod looks much better.  Any chance you could post it?

Unfortunately posting a mod to an Orbx product is not allowed. All mods for Orbx addons must be done by the Orbx developers. Sorry.

@razgo @Ed Correia  I don't believe that the fix is detailed enough. As a test I uninstalled KEYW and then reinstalled it. No mods. I found that I too now had no taxiway lights having had them previously. I put the posted mod by razgo in and got bright taxiway lights. However, there is still something not right about the lights of the runway. They are not visible when you get in the air. I attach a a pic which clearly shows the lack of visible runway lighting in comparison to nearby airports. I have marked in red the clearly visible runway light on a nearby airport and placed a red question mark where KEYW runway lights should be equally as visible. Please don't just issue the taxiway lights mod as a complete fix for lighting at KEYW as it still needs work done.

Please open the pic to full screen to see better the details:

Capture.thumb.JPG.3c4d385b37b35291be5ea832c22e9125.JPG

@Jon Clarke in many airports (I'd even say at most) of the airports the taxiways and runways lights have direction. it's mean you won't see the runway lights in you are not on approach to it with the runway heading with some "extras" to the left and right. the situation represent at the default airports of X-Plane is not realistic. More than the, airports are way darker than how they represent at most of the simulators or at photos/videos than what the eye will see on reality - it's always remind me when I fly in/our LLBG (my home airport) at night you see big black polygons with only the terminal areas illuminated. when you do the final turn towards the runway you start to see the runway lights. only when you are really close to grounds and sometime only when on ground you will see the blue/green lights. I'm aware there are still plenty of airports with old lamps/lights tough. 

as for KEYW- I check it tomorrow with the guys at the office to make sure we made with that temp fix the current of that airport. 

Raz

34 minutes ago, razgo said:

@Jon Clarke in many airports (I'd even say at most) of the airports the taxiways and runways lights have direction. it's mean you won't see the runway lights in you are not on approach to it with the runway heading with some "extras" to the left and right. the situation represent at the default airports of X-Plane is not realistic. More than the, airports are way darker than how they represent at most of the simulators or at photos/videos than what the eye will see on reality - it's always remind me when I fly in/our LLBG (my home airport) at night you see big black polygons with only the terminal areas illuminated. when you do the final turn towards the runway you start to see the runway lights. only when you are really close to grounds and sometime only when on ground you will see the blue/green lights. I'm aware there are still plenty of airports with old lamps/lights tough. 

as for KEYW- I check it tomorrow with the guys at the office to make sure we made with that temp fix the current of that airport. 

Raz

Thanks for the explanation Raz. I guess then that what i am seeing at the nearby naval station (a default airport) is unrealistic and what I see at KEYW is supposedly more realistic. Hard to spot an airport in a VFR flight when you are searching for runway lights. But that is just my poor flying skills!!

The fix is temp of course. To push a fix widely (thousands of people each with different setup) over OC we want to make few more checks and make sure no new conflicts caused because of that.