Hi big fan of the Recent release of Gaya Sim LGKO, Just an issue or bug the scenery works fine without the freeware provided Orthophoto's. However with the Orthophoto in my custom scenery but at a lower priority than the LGKO scenery causes the terrain to flatten out I have runway follow contours ON. This occurs at LGKO airport and the nearby LGKY airport. I checked the manual but It states a patch located in 'Custom Scenery\Gaya_Sim_LGKO_Ippokratis\Documents' but no folder exist's. The mesh patch located inside the airport folder has no instruction on how to mend the issue just a screenshot of ortho4xp menu but without explanation and what I am meant to do with LGKO.patch.osm. The manual says i need to move the apt.dat file to Custom Scenery\Gaya_Sim_LGKO_Ippokratis\Earth nav data to replace the original but without explanation of where I am meant to find it. So I am very confused with what I am meant to do, the files mentioned in the manual dont exist in my custom scenery or else where on my system. I think I am missing something obvious but I cant figure it out. 

Much appreciated if anyone could help me fix this issue or point me in the right direction. Also sorry if I posted in the wrong forum new at this kind of thing. 

Photo's of the flattened out area's provided.  

Airfoillabs_C172SP_low_res - 2020-02-17 19.55.01.png

Bell429 - 2020-02-17 19.58.34.png

Bell429 - 2020-02-17 19.59.02.png

Hello,

I have moved this to the product forum.

In my installation, the file you want is here:

Custom Scenery\Gaya_Sim_LGKO_Ippokratis\LGKO_O4XP_Mesh_Patch.rar

Where do I place the LGKO.patch.osm Im sorry if these sound like dumb questions but Im not getting where I place this file .

Edited by PEPcessna

Hello,

I do not use "Ortho" but this is what the readme states.

place patches folder in to root folder of ortho4xp

X:\Ortho4Xp\Ortho4xp_1.30

and build the tile

I see that the "patch is in a folder named "+36+027", so if it was me,

I would go to (the drive where you installed Ortho4XP 1.30)\Ortho4Xp\Ortho4xp_1.30 and put the folder into there.

It seems than that you have to do this:

Screenshot_1.png

but I cannot give you instructions beyond what you see in the image because I do not use it.

Perhaps @razgo will come along and give you a tutorial, if you need one.

Hi @PEPcessna

To use the custom elevation with self-generate tiles of O4XP all you need to do is the following:

1. download the file attached for that message (the file can be found on main folder of Kos scenery in case you got it from Orbx or in Documents folder if you got it as part of the giveaway). 

2. move the content (1 folder it's name is +30+020 and inside it another folder call +36+027) into the following path: Ortho4xp_1.30\Patches

3. fire up O4XP and generate the tiles you want (as shown on the screenshot Nick posted above). In a case you already generated the tiles O4XP will skip the download process just apply the mesh patch into the tiles you already have in your tiles or custom scenery folders of that specific tile). 

30020.rar

No need. 
Just extract the files i have attached and act according to section 2. 

after all files in place, load O4XP and make exactly how it's describe on the image (1->2->3).

Screenshot_1.png

If i have the orthophoto already made what to I do to tell ortho4xp that I have it made and just need to apply the mesh I did the steps provided but but the terrain is still flat around the airports. 

11 hours ago, PEPcessna said:

I am using the orthophotos provided by orbx

Hi,

I think you are referring to the ortho tiles which are downloaded from XP.org, and linked in the manual.  If this is the case then you should have a control panel option in the ORBX Central/Kos page which adjusts the airport to work with the freeware ortho.

You want to select the option that says "Use with XPlane.Org data".

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thank you that fixed the problem. I thought the airports had been flattened using wed but as per orbx Im not allowed to edit orbx scenerys, turns out they had been set to flatten and this fixed the problem thank you very much :)

• Like 2