pilot100

Named presents no longer work

Question

OK against better judgement I migrated - first rule if it ain't broke....

Anyway presets appear ok but when named assigments did not and re doing  does not work ie they do not pick up the assigned controller buttons (yes tried different controllers) BUT if you just assign specific button directly ie not using names then assignments work.

Never had any issues under the VFX central Oldprop install.

NOT impressed - can I go back to VFX central ?

Brian

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, pilot100 said:

NOT impressed - can I go back to VFX central ?

Thanks for the bug report

Yes, you can go back to VFXCentral

just some feedback, I cleared all the presets using erase. Re-imported from oldprop vers and seems like the named presets started working again. Weird stuff.

Brian

• Like 1

I’ve also noticed this in the past under the OldProp version. If I had done a complete reload of Windows and flightsim software, including ChasePlane, when I started ChasePlane the Presets were all there and Button assignments (from several different controllers) were not. When I transferred my Presets from the OldProp version to the ORBX version, the same issue occurred. I’ve always assumed that is the way it supposed to happen, I just reassigned the buttons again. It would be great if we didn’t have to do this. I think (I’d have to check for sure) that it also happens when I import Presets into a new Group from an existing Group.

Thanks for suggesting this. I’m cleaning up all my profiles, using the same names for all my standard views. It will be a bit of work to begin with but will save work on the next aircraft setup.

Can you verify that these Button assignments are saved in the cloud as well as their associated “named assignments”?

2 minutes ago, LZScout said:

Thanks for suggesting this. I’m cleaning up all my profiles, using the same names for all my standard views. It will be a bit of work to begin with but will save work on the next aircraft setup.

Can you verify that these Button assignments are saved in the cloud as well as their associated “named assignments”?

Nothing is stored in the cloud anymore. Everything is stored locally

It would be good to let people know that, after so many years of saying it’s all stored in the cloud. So, from now on, it’s up to us to make a copy of our Presets library? Can we move the Presets library location to a Dropbox folder?

1 hour ago, LZScout said:

It would be good to let people know that, after so many years of saying it’s all stored in the cloud. So, from now on, it’s up to us to make a copy of our Presets library? Can we move the Presets library location to a Dropbox folder?

We made an article talking about it here: https://medium.com/@parallel42/about-chaseplane-community-67f1f4a8d7af

It is listed on the homepage of the Parallel 42 website and will be made clearer through the ChasePlane interface as we get closer to the migration deadline.

As mentioned in that article, the Initial Setup page and the Preferences section of CP, you can move the Library to a Dropbox or another cloud storage solution