Lear 35/Q400/777/737/A320 Immersion Not Working - now fixed

Go to solution Solved by RunShotgun,

Question

Just downloaded the Lear 35 Immersion package and checked all of the options but when doing first flight with the Flysimware Lear 35 I had no effects whatsoever.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Rodger

12 answers to this question

Hello,

I see no effects at all with the Majestic Q400, the Aerosoft Airbus, the PMDG 737 or the PMDG 777 in FSX.

I do see PrecipitFX effects on all my other aircraft and Chaseplane is working.

@RunShotgun this does not seem to be an isolated problem, there are more topics than this one.

Background:

Four Immersion products were installed in FSX with VFX Central and working.

I followed exactly the procedure in the //42 guide for transferring licences and uninstalling and reinstalling the products.

The licence transfer itself was seamless.

However, none of the four Immersion products that I use were working after the update.

I do not have the correct version of the Lear 35 but I assume that the problem is the same.

PrecipitFX and Chaseplane were working as before.

I have solved the problem in FSX but:

1. I had to uninstall and reinstall all versions of the PMDG 737 and 777 and the Aerosoft Airbus because the aircraft.cfg

files were corrupt and causing error messages in VFX Central. The PMDG installers would not let me make a repair.

2. I was able to restore the Majestic Dash Q 400 aircraft.cfg file to default with a little careful editing.

3. I had to uninstall the four Immersion products from Orbx Central.

4. I reinstalled VFX Central and installed all four Immersion Packages.

All four aircraft Immersion products which were not working now are working again.

I can offer no explanation other than this seems to have fixed problems that I did not have before I used Orbx Central.

I did note that the edits to the aircraft.cfg files did not seem consistent between the two methods and that in some cases,

there were three backups of the aircraft.cfg file, each with a different name.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

@RunShotgun this does not seem to be an isolated problem, there are more topics than this one.

Background:

Four Immersion products were installed in FSX with VFX Central and working.

I followed exactly the procedure in the //42 guide for transferring licences and uninstalling and reinstalling the products.

The licence transfer itself was seamless.

However, none of the four Immersion products that I use were working after the update.

I do not have the correct version of the Lear 35 but I assume that the problem is the same.

PrecipitFX and Chaseplane were working as before.

I have solved the problem in FSX but:

1. I had to uninstall and reinstall all versions of the PMDG 737 and 777 and the Aerosoft Airbus because the aircraft.cfg

files were corrupt and causing error messages in VFX Central. The PMDG installers would not let me make a repair.

2. I was able to restore the Majestic Dash Q 400 aircraft.cfg file to default with a little careful editing.

3. I had to uninstall the four Immersion products from Orbx Central.

4. I reinstalled VFX Central and installed all four Immersion Packages.

All four aircraft Immersion products which were not working now are working again.

I can offer no explanation other than this seems to have fixed problems that I did not have before I used Orbx Central.

I did note that the edits to the aircraft.cfg files did not seem consistent between the two methods and that in some cases,

there were three backups of the aircraft.cfg file, each with a different name.

Update to my last post - followed the above steps in P3D v4.5.2 and now have effects.

Don't forget to save your old cfg so you can easily add repaints again.

Thanks Nick!

54 minutes ago, RunShotgun said:

Actually, I wouldn't sleep so I fixed it.

Try reinstalling the effects in Orbx Central and let me know if it works for you!

Hi Keven,

Sorry just saw your post. I uninstalled / reinstalled the 777 as per Nick's post and now have it working as it should.

Cheers.

Hello,

I tried this again in FSX, just with the Q400.

The same result unfortunately and the same fix.

This time I uninstalled the aircraft and then reinstalled it

before uninstalling from Orbx Central, with the aircraft safely hidden from it

and then reinstalling with VFX Central. 

Perhaps you only fixed the P3D v4 side?

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I tried this again in FSX, just with the Q400.

The same result unfortunately and the same fix.

This time I uninstalled the aircraft and then reinstalled it

before uninstalling from Orbx Central, with the aircraft safely hidden from it

and then reinstalling with VFX Central. 

Perhaps you only fixed the P3D v4 side?

Hi Nick,

I only uninstalled immersion from OC, Uninstalled old VFX using Windows uninstall prior to that though,  then uninstalled 777 (both 200 and 300 variants). I reinstalled 777 then VFX and immersion and all worked as advertised.  I think the Q400 might be a different beast with this as it installs everything outside the sim by default. I'm no expert by any means so take this with a grain of salt!

I do think your suggestion that the new immersion doesn't like the aircraft cfg if installed from Orbx Central is valid. Once again, I'm no expert but that seems to be a factor.

Regards,

Murray