Bush flying fun at it's finest, these are some awesome captures, thanks heaps for the great promo.

cheers

• Like 4

ANother pilot from Martyn's Flying School!

Glorious images from this most excellent of sceneries and I hope you didn't clean up too many of the wildlife hidden in the undergrowth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well done , those landings are pretty difficult, I understand that you slide off the tarmac, those strips are very steep indeed an be a real trap if you  not aware of it.  I truly like your shots like the one with chicken or those people seeing you farewell in dark. Tahini and Kokoda are a must in every simmer collection.

I personally , literally spend days before making successful  landings on those strips.

Charles 

• Like 2

Showcase shots with lovely weather Frank! The night boarding shot is really something special...

I like the evidence of your copilot before he enters the COCKpit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

NICE!

12 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Bush flying fun at it's finest, these are some awesome captures, thanks heaps for the great promo.

cheers

Thank you very much Jose and Ken!

12 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Nice Shots, took me 6 goes to get a 406 into Tapini, challenging indeed, I must try this out with a PC-6

Thanks Richard. Struggling at Tapini is excusable. I got lost even at Koispe - actually there's space enough ...

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Wonderful tropical shots Frank!  :)

Thank you Adam!

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

ANother pilot from Martyn's Flying School!

Glorious images from this most excellent of sceneries and I hope you didn't clean up too many of the wildlife hidden in the undergrowth.

Hehe. I'm so happy that this PC-6 has "ready to start" and "restore engine" options.
As for the wildlife: They seem to have quite mobile organisms there in PNG. Surprisingly enough even the cattle managed to flee in time. Lots of grass clippings and fruit purée though.

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots these Frank.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

7 hours ago, jankees said:

very nice series!

Thank you very much! Btw., I have especially great respect for your PC-6 repaints. Identifying all those separately mapped bolt heads, hinges, bars etc. drives me crazy.

6 hours ago, YAMBA1 said:

Well done , those landings are pretty difficult, I understand that you slide off the tarmac, those strips are very steep indeed an be a real trap if you  not aware of it.  I truly like your shots like the one with chicken or those people seeing you farewell in dark. Tahini and Kokoda are a must in every simmer collection.

I personally , literally spend days before making successful  landings on those strips.

Charles 

Thanks Charles. Indeed, but once managed it becomes addictive.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Showcase shots with lovely weather Frank! The night boarding shot is really something special...

I like the evidence of your copilot before he enters the COCKpit.

Thanks Gerold. Hm, I don't know whose copilot this is on #11, my cowpilot peeks out of the scrub on #15.

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Excellent shots, difficulty rating of 10. I've had many crashes in PNG and got lost a few times. Lots of fun.

Don 

Thank you Don!

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Super Shots Frank :) I like them all !!

Thanks Mike!

• Haha 1

Well done, I especially like the chicken and cow shots!  And the people in shadows immediately made me think of that now ancient movie, Close Encounters.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Thank you very much! Btw., I have especially great respect for your PC-6 repaints. Identifying all those separately mapped bolt heads, hinges, bars etc. drives me crazy.

which is exactly why I stopped doing them, ZK-XIT drove me over the edge..

Is this one yours? well done then!

Edited by jankees

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well done, I especially like the chicken and cow shots!  And the people in shadows immediately made me think of that now ancient movie, Close Encounters.

Thanks Jack. First I thought of zombies, but you're right, "Close Encounters" describes it much better. :)

• Like 1

Lovely shots indeed of lovely scenery that does justice to the beauty of PNG  -  the Porter in any of its variants is the idle aircraft for any of these strips but as you have discovered requires careful handling owing to its massive power to weight ratio .....

You sir have a ton of talent - some of the finest things I've seen on this forum.  Even out in the foliage, close to the landing area, you're shots have elegance.  Let me add too, that scenery is one of the most photogenic ever produced under the Orbx brand.

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, olderndirt said:

You sir have a ton of talent - some of the finest things I've seen on this forum.  Even out in the foliage, close to the landing area, you're shots have elegance.  Let me add too, that scenery is one of the most photogenic ever produced under the Orbx brand.

Thanks OND, but all credit regarding the PNG sceneries goes to @Tim Harris and @Ken Hall who created these gems. On these pics I'm just a tourist with a significant lack of flight experience. :)

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 6:00 PM, Frank Schnibben said:

Yes, but I'm still looking for some not yet found screw heads. :huh:

good hunting!

I found some of them by comparing my paint with other paints, and seeing which screw showed up where...mind you, I'm not sure I found all of them...

On 1/20/2020 at 12:50 AM, TerribleT said:

Lovely shots indeed of lovely scenery that does justice to the beauty of PNG  -  the Porter in any of its variants is the idle aircraft for any of these strips but as you have discovered requires careful handling owing to its massive power to weight ratio .....

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

Maybe the best shots of this wonderful area :) Thanks !

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super post!!!!!!!!!!  The shots were great!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for your kind words!! :)

3 hours ago, jankees said:

, I'm not sure I found all of them...

Same here. Yesterday night I decided that with possibly overlooked screws the colour has flaked off (after all it's a bush plane) and uploaded it. :lol:

these are wonderful shots indeed, some very unique

Enjoyed them a lot

It is a very difficult scenery for me but one of Orbx's best

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1