I have been so impressed with this product, it is quite cathartic (I think that is the right word). 

I have flown down memory lane quite a bit, and I could see, clearly from above, the house in Dundee where I was born and brought up.  My boarding school in Edinburgh, FettesCollege was very well portrayed and looked established in its grounds.  I flew around the north of Scotland and viewed the hydro-electric projects I worked on in the mid-1950’s before coming to Vancouver – they were all there.

It is quite uncanny flying over this true-to-life photography and of particular note are all the trees, they are very bushy both from the air and on the ground.  And of course the towns and villages have their boundaries delineated just as in real life.

My performance has been good everywhere and is quite tolerable around London.

Thank you ORBx developers for such a wonderful product; back when I started simming in 1992, we could never have visualized such a development.

Nigel

Vancouver

• Like 5

I have both the XP11 - and now the P3D versions - and Of course one cant help comparing the 2 versions.

XP 11 is good - I think P3D is a little better - and the new South edition is much improved - BUT -

there's always a BUT.

As a Lancastrian born and bred - Blackpool is a favourite - not only because I lived there during the war - 

and it holds warm feelings in the breed as a great Holiday place.

The promotion videos of XP TE were great on Blackpool - that's why I bought the series a while back - 

and  put screenshots on the forum - as have done others of Blackpool Tower - brilliant in XP

-But in P3D - someone needs to get to work on this version of the Tower as a POI

Annotation 2019-12-30 173521.jpg

What's wrong with Blackpool Tower in the P3D version? I do not have TrueEarth GB Central installed yet (problems with my new PC), but I look forward to beingn able to explore the entire UK in TrueEarth detail.

I don't see anything to complain about in a flight simulator:

497695217_Blackpool1.jpg.44d2b65c1e3fd20fc141dcb29726632c.jpg

2000015750_Blackpool2.jpg.09b08745e03777b298b38fb54b7f01e8.jpg

If it was an architectural simulator or a city landmarks simulator you could say the structure is a bit more airy than the actual one but for a flight simulator, which is waht we are talking about here, I think it's pretty damn good.

• Like 1

This is XP11 Central vbersion of my earlier shop

The Tower is far superior

and take a look at Renaults screenshots 

Annotation 2019-12-01 142436.jpg

Edited by John Heaton

The tower can’t be far superior in the XP11 version because it’s exactly the same 3D model used for both versions. I think you’re looking for flaws that aren’t there :)

• Like 3

I think it may just come down to the way each sims graphics engine draws things, even with the same basic source files as JV pointed out.   Looks good to me in both sims.

19 hours ago, John Venema said:

The tower can’t be far superior in the XP11 version because it’s exactly the same 3D model used for both versions. I think you’re looking for flaws that aren’t there :)

It's nice to be able to talk to the boss Cockie - now and again

and just love the smiley :D -------I would have called  it - nit picking:rolleyes:

I am on record - else where in this forum - as to how much I love both TEs - XP and P3d

- since I have Bought both of them - and Yes! - I have made silent comparisons

exactly as you invited -when you were announcing the new TE Britain - South .

As to looking for flaws - Naahhh! - some people - look for their house - as did the OP -

I just looked for the symbol of my home town - that I use to see every day from my bedroom window

-since our house was just to the right of these pics 

Enjoy your return to Essendon John - I have memories of practising primary airport area entrances there

Annotation 2020-01-06 163841.jpg

Edited by John Heaton

I just looked at these pics and I don't see anything to complain about. Both look good, and imo the p3d version looks more colorful while xp version looks a bit black-n-white (or may be it's me). also, we are talking about a flight simulator, not GTA 5 :P

Just to clarify ------ P3D on the left - ----- XP on the right - 

Both are at 12 o'clock on Woolworths" Tower proving scenes are same models as John says

I repeat - I bought all six of this edition of Britain TE and love them all - especially Lancashire!!!