Hi guys, made a couple of purchases today, enjoying the  discounts. Wanted to have a look at the video for 2W3 Swanson and got a message that its blocked by WMB. Can someone tell me what's going on here, I've never had this happen before.  Thanks

Don 

Same here:  "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Hello,

a tiny bit of research reveals that WMG in this context means "Warner Music Group".

It is of course hosted at You Tube.

Perhaps the video featured some copyrighted music or their You Tube scanner thinks that it does.

It looks like it has been there since 7th April 2012, so perhaps it's a false positive.

Perhaps @Ben McClintock will know more about these matters.

Hi Don,  I used to have this problem all the time, lots of You Tube content being blocked here in Australia, I think we must be on a "black list" !

The way I get around it is to use the free VPN in the Opera Browser, it hides your IP address so they don't know what country you are in.

I only turn on the VPN as I need it with a click of a button on the tool bar, then refresh the page, then up comes the blocked content.

Lots of news and interview content from the USA ( some FOX, always CNN, ABC, MSNBC, Face the Nation, Meet the Press) is blocked here in Au, this is the way I get around it, works every time.

I don't think ORBX will get to change Google / YouTube rules.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

a tiny bit of research reveals that WMG in this context means "Warner Music Group".

It is of course hosted at You Tube.

Perhaps the video featured some copyrighted music or their You Tube scanner thinks that it does.

It looks like it has been there since 7th April 2012, so perhaps it's a false positive.

Perhaps @Ben McClintock will know more about these matters.

Thanks Nick, helps to know why.

18 hours ago, Chris.D said:

Hi Don,  I used to have this problem all the time, lots of You Tube content being blocked here in Australia, I think we must be on a "black list" !

The way I get around it is to use the free VPN in the Opera Browser, it hides your IP address so they don't know what country you are in.

I only turn on the VPN as I need it with a click of a button on the tool bar, then refresh the page, then up comes the blocked content.

Lots of news and interview content from the USA ( some FOX, always CNN, ABC, MSNBC, Face the Nation, Meet the Press) is blocked here in Au, this is the way I get around it, works every time.

I don't think ORBX will get to change Google / YouTube rules.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Thanks Chris appreciate your help. I'll give it a shot with Swanson so I know what to do next time I encounter it. I'm aware of the blocked content from the US and Europe, I have all regions  DVD player to play some DVD's my wife and I bought when in the US and Europe. Didn't know until we got home and tried to play them.

Regards,

Don