TigerTigerM

TE GB for P3D v4 & the Stand Alone Airfields??

I have pretty well all the UK Orbx P3D stand alone airfields, such as Popham, Old Warden, EGLC, Brighton & so on & they sit in EU England, Wales, Scotland etc.

What I am wondering is does TD GB South v2 come with say Popham at the same visual standard & level of detail as the current stand alone ?

& can the stand alone airfields be used & blend in with TE GB scenery?

Thanks

TTM 

Hi

The TE products do not include payware quality airports, so yes, you will want and need to use your stand alone airports, some will also include a control panel compatibility option to select.

TE GB Airports.PNG

Hello TTM,

I think that in fact EGLC is the only one with a control panel.

You may well see patches that miss autogen, these can be mitigated by running Verify files for all the Orbx payware airports.

Most airports' backgrounds change colour with the seasons.

TEGB does not and the only "fix" at the moment is to stay in the summer months.

50 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello TTM,

I think that in fact EGLC is the only one with a control panel.

You may well see patches that miss autogen, these can be mitigated by running Verify files for all the Orbx payware airports.

Most airports' backgrounds change colour with the seasons.

TEGB does not and the only "fix" at the moment is to stay in the summer months.

Hi Nick, that does not preclude Orbx from compiling a version of the base airportPR that does NOT change, and therefore both blending in with the TEGB imagery as well as allowing for seasonal flying with its associated autogen.  It isn't hard to do, and is something I think Orbx should do to make their own airports properly compatible with TEGB.

In actual fact, Orbx hosted my own mods for a number of your airports when first released that accomplished compatibility with the now very old GenX UK photoscenery in exactly this way, so it's not like there isnt a precedent, and that wasn't even for compatibility with your own products!  I really hope Orbx will consider patching those older airfields please?

• Upvote 1

Hello Kevin,

season's greetings.

Perhaps you can explain how this easy fix is to be done, for my benefit at least?

I have searched but not found any previous fixes by you.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Kevin,

season's greetings.

Perhaps you can explain how this easy fix is to be done, for my benefit at least?

I have searched but not found any previous fixes by you.

Thanks.

Merry Christmas Nick and all!!  Yes, they were 'unhosted' some years ago but that's water under the bridge and not worth going into...

The photoreal base imagery for the airports is compiled with an image colour matched for each of the 5 seasons.  What we need is a bgl that includes only one of them.  That image should still be there in the source files for each project, so no assets need to be created (other than maybe a run through Photoshop to colour balance it to match TEGB)!  As I recall, all that needs to happen then is that single summer image to be run through resample.exe to generate a single summer season bgl.  A slightly bigger task to make it seamless would then be to update Orbx Central with a compatibility selector that switched the necessary bgl files on and off.

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Upvote 2

Thanks, I learn something new every day.

It strikes me then that in the case of Sumburgh for example, either the seasonal variation in the 

ORBX_EGPB_0PR files could be removed or the seasonal images could all be the same?

Presumably, this is not possible without the source files, or is it?

The Sim720 staff has helped me to do exactly this for their Oban and Stornoway Airports when flying with summer only True Earth GB North. They initially made these two Airports back in the day with season variation to be compatible with Orbx Scotland just like Orbx did Sumburgh. In less than one day (yesterday) they informed me that the fix I requested was done and I can now fly year round in their summer season texture. This should not be a hard thing to fix.

Edited by Flygsidan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, I learn something new every day.

It strikes me then that in the case of Sumburgh for example, either the seasonal variation in the 

ORBX_EGPB_0PR files could be removed or the seasonal images could all be the same?

Presumably, this is not possible without the source files, or is it?

Once it's compiled you can't remove it.  It requires either the original source files (easiest and quickest option) or to recreate the base image from an alternative source (which is what I did before.  Resample allows you to incorporate one or as many of the 5 seasons as you wish.

Thanks Kevin.

This topic is linked in the internal topic that I am using to collate all customer

reported items, as I do for all recently released products.

This means that the developers can easily read your input and everyone else's

and act accordingly.

It has been very interesting to me and I am grateful to you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1