Sign in to follow this  
Mikael Cedergren

Sumburgh and TrueEarth GB North

I don't know where this topic fits best, its no real support issue since it runs beautifully on my system and I am very happy with my purchase of True Earth GB North. Its just that  the Orbx Sumburgh airport does not play along nicely with it having seasons with snow in winter. A small adjustment to the configuration options to Sumburgh to keep summer textures all year would be very much appreciated. I know I can alter the season manually and always fly in summer but I kind of like the seasons with tree variations and such despite only having TrueEarth summer textures. 

Mike

I think (and hope) this is a rather small fix, I mean the summer texture is already there and look beautiful so no work with color correction should be needed for Sumburgh. We simply need the already available summer texture to show year round when we have TE GB North running.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

it is a thing and applies I expect to all the payware airports that were

after all designed to fit into landclass textures with seasonal changes.

The simple solution is of course to stay away from winter.

I have put it to our developers but I am not so sure that a simple switch 

in a control panel will fix it.

TreeTops, I know I can select to fly in summer only but as I wrote in my first post, its still nice to fly in automn, winter and spring season because of how the trees shift etc regardless if TrueEarth is summer ground textures only. In fact personally I dont mind TE GB is summer only its fine! not much snow IRL anyway like it used to be when I grew up. Man, its +5 degrees C today in Stockholm, Sweden and and all green outside. Hmmm, what is happening with our climate :) 

Edited by Flygsidan

I tend to fly in early Spring (because dawn and dusk are at more comfortable times with respect to busy AI traffic), and the problem with Sumburgh (as opposed to any of the other ORBx UK airfields) is that the "Winter snow textures" stay around for a longer period of time (until the end of April).