John Venema

announcement Introducing TrueEarth Florida for XP11 - with new TrueColour technology!

Holy Macaroni! This might be you guys' best product yet!! I can see how big of a difference TrueColors makes. Absolutely stunning!!

Great work as always, Orbx

• Like 1

True Earth at his best! This new TrueColors feature looks amazing! Do you have plans to include this into previous True Earth regions? And is it planned to be ported to P3D too?

Hello, what you have looks absolutely fantastic!  I do have one request: if, at all possible, please include the Dry Tortuga Islands.  It is a United States National Park and it is approximately 70 miles form Key West.  It would be a great spot for VFR flying because the park houses an old fort that has a great history and a lot of daily tourists.

Incredible good looking and true lifelike scenery...a surprise to me because I expected first Sth California...so that is also to see in a while after this release?

Masterpiece after masterpiece of gorgeous scenery adds from Orbx for shure. Thank you to the whole team involved to please us with these marvels :)

• Like 1

I do not know if I should be excited or start crying. :)

How can ORBX do this to me? a KTPA tease? That's all I deserve.

If this is released for p3d v4, I'm changing my plans for 2020.

• Like 1

This scenery being released for P3d v4 is some of the best news I have in years.  

My move to X Plane to obtain the True Earth Scenery has resulted in a minor depression because of having to turn my back on all of the dollar investment in ORBX scenery I own.  

JV's statement that he is going port True Earth to P3d is like warm, golden Sunrise after a long winter's night.

5 hours ago, dexthom said:

Any plans for a P3D release?

yes of course 

6 hours ago, hm2118 said:

Looks fantastic, thanks Orbx.    What about Southern California? is it coming before or after Florida?

Coming after Florida. Likely Feb/March, it’s a huge region and lots for us to do.

• Like 2

Looks great!  I've looked at all the screenshots but can’t see anything of the Disney theme parks, are these all going to be modelled?

11 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Looks great!  I've looked at all the screenshots but can’t see anything of the Disney theme parks, are these all going to be modelled?

This is an alpha build, many of the POIs are still being modelled, including Miami and Orlando

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

This is an alpha build, many of the POIs are still being modelled, including Miami and Orlando

John,Tony,

do you have plans to do TE Arizona? It would be awesome and a compliment SoCal well.  With the Grand Canyon, mountain colors, Sedona, Tucson aircraft boneyard & more. 

def buying SoCal & Florida at release day 

"John, you're KILLING my TE 'hosting',  Multi-TB My Book Hard Drives...they are starting to creak under the weight, LOL!"

Here's my money.....

Edited by Orbx Flyer

Just out of curiosity: Are there any specific reasons for Florida being the next TrueEarth region? While I have to admit that the images presented above look stunning, regions like Maine or Alaska would have been more appealing to me personally. :)

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Helifan123 said:

Just out of curiosity: Are there any specific reasons for Florida being the next TrueEarth region? While I have to admit that the images presented above look stunning, regions like Maine or Alaska would have been more appealing to me personally. :)

+1 for Alaska! Florida is not my place to fly! The Orbx South-East-Alaska package would be great!

But I am afraid that the digital images up there are not good enough. My orth4xp results for Alaska are - unfortunatelly - questionable...

Well, maybe Tony and Orbx, may accept the challenge...

• Like 1

Alaska is tough, yeah.  There is good imagery in parts.  Mostly patchy.  I too look forward to see what ORBX can come up with for this mecca of bush flying.  I think even FS2020 will have a tough time up there.  Probably lots of interpolation.

1 hour ago, Helifan123 said:

Many of our US customers live in the SE and Florida has been high on the wish list for many of them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

Many of our US customers live in the SE and Florida has been high on the wish list for many of them.

Thank you JOhn. Being one of those SE customers, it is great to see something on this side of the continent. Really hoping you continue expanding just a little bit further North. Georgia and the Carolinas have some beautiful places to fly into and over.