Jack Sawyer

ESGG hand landing

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

I like the cockpit shots Jack. Makes you feel like you are rally there.

Thanks John, I like it when people post them too, for the same reason.

• Like 2

I'm impressed Jack! It was as if I was right there with you:)

Whenever I've gotten up enough nerve to try something like this, its more properly a "hand crash" :rolleyes:

It's probably why I will never get beyond a Cessna:(

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, renault said:

I'm impressed Jack! It was as if I was right there with you:)

Whenever I've gotten up enough nerve to try something like this, its more properly a "hand crash" :rolleyes:

It's probably why I will never get beyond a Cessna:(

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete.  Well, if you can do what you do with XP I know with a little bit of practice you could land a big jet easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerTigerM said:

Looks good. Fly good??

TTM

Perfection.  Absolute perfection.  Now all I'm doing is looking for Orbx city pairs that can handle a 737.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Perfection.  Absolute perfection.  Now all I'm doing is looking for Orbx city pairs that can handle a 737.

Yes, that can be a challenge. How many feet do you need?

TTM

• Like 1

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

Yes, that can be a challenge. How many feet do you need?

TTM

I'd have to look it up, I reckon 5000?  I have everything Orbx makes and all printed out with the runway lengths.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd have to look it up, I reckon 5000?  I have everything Orbx makes and all printed out with the runway lengths.

With Orx's focus on GA, to get the sharpest USA bigger airports, such as KSEA, KLAX, Denver, Orlando, Boston, KJFK, , you would have to go outside Orbx, unfortunately.

TTM

• Upvote 1

Back when I did this for a living, a plane was vectored to intercept the localizer at least 3 miles from the final approach fix.  The final cut (vector) would be no more than 30 degrees from the localizer course.  An altitude restriction until established on the localizer was issued.  Ideally the glide slope would be close over the outer marker so left/right and rate of descent was all it took from there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Back when I did this for a living, a plane was vectored to intercept the localizer at least 3 miles from the final approach fix.  The final cut (vector) would be no more than 30 degrees from the localizer course.  An altitude restriction until established on the localizer was issued.  Ideally the glide slope would be close over the outer marker so left/right and rate of descent was all it took from there.

I know exactly what you mean OND, but this was just me messing around in my sim.  So I get to make my own rules :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I know exactly what you mean OND, but this was just me messing around in my sim.  So I get to make my own rules :D

Did you even flare? :P
Nice pics.

15 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Country correct livery too!!

But LN- rather than SE- reg on aeroplane.
-1 point. :lol:

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Did you even flare? :P
Nice pics.

But LN- rather than SE- reg on aeroplane.
-1 point. :lol:

Thanks 

I flare when I make a serious flight but it’s still a simulator so flaring and registrations aren’t really important.  I know they are to some people though.  I guess we all do things differently.  :( 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks 

I flare when I make a serious flight but it’s still a simulator so flaring and registrations aren’t really important.  I know they are to some people though.  I guess we all do things differently.  :( 

Apologies Jack! Both comments meant entirely as jokes. Clearly the tone didn't come across as I intended.

As you rightly say, it's a sim. Anyone is free to do whatever they wish, whether it's a Pan Am 737-8 flight into SIN, a Cessna 152 into LHR, an F/A-22 through Lower Manhattan or a yellow heli upside-down under bridges.

Keep 'em coming!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, F737NG said:

Apologies Jack! Both comments meant entirely as jokes. Clearly the tone didn't come across as I intended.

As you rightly say, it's a sim. Anyone is free to do whatever they wish, whether it's a Pan Am 737-8 flight into SIN, a Cessna 152 into LHR, an F/A-22 through Lower Manhattan or a yellow heli upside-down under bridges.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks.  Appreciate it.  I don't know why some people get so worked up over the proper registrations and proper technique though, it's not real life. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Don't mind me, old age allows remembrance of lots of useless stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Don't mind me, old age allows remembrance of lots of useless stuff. 

It’s not useless OND, it’s excellent actually, and I like it.

• Like 1