flash2

Upgrade to 3PD4

Nick,My operating system is MSFX Steam and I am thinking about upgrading to 3PD4 for enhanced imagery and better support that MS. I have 21 programs with Orbx and fly VFR only in Southern England and North America> (USA)I am not a computer aficionado but have installed Ant's Tiger Moth Pro, A2A Spitfires, and T-6 and the numerous Orbx programs both paid and freeware.  I have to admit that although I am anxious to upgrade to 3PD4, I a somewhat apprehensive to begin the undertaking as I have spend more time installing and debugging in the past than flying.

I have a number of questions:

1) Where do I purchase 3PD and get the best support ? I am thinking of the student or $50 version

2 )Do I have to uninstall MSFX Steam to download and install 3PD, or can I keep both?

3) Do I have to reinstall my planes? ( Just Ant's and A2A presently)

4) Will the Orbx programs I own automatically show better imagery like True earth in 3PD?( it is the True Earth representation that is important since I fly VFR only)

5) If not, Is there any way to upgrade the Orbx programs I own or do I have to uninstall and purchase new ones for 3PD?

6) Is there any way that you can see the 21 Orbx programs I own from my registration, or purchase, or account information, or do I have to submit the list?

7) How many of these programs or which will show better imagery in P3D than what I have now? ( I'm under the impression that not all are True Earth equivalent at present)

8) Is there any way to get a discount on the numerous programs I have to upgrade to 3PD as a past user?

9) What are the minimum hardware requirements to obtain good results in performance and Imagery? ( I am flying single engine prop planes only with Max speed to 400MPH)  ( I can submit my present hardware specifications if that helps)

10) What are hardware requirements for best results for 3PD4?

11) Do if have to reinstall everything again if I upgrade in the future or is it best to do this right off.

12) Just focused on the 9  Saitek FIP's and radio panels that I have with gauges from 3 independent suppliers. Do I have to reinstall these.  (all use Spad.neXt)

13) I also have two throttle quadrants, trim wheel, fighter stick and pedals. Do I have to reinstall these?

Nick- lots of questions as I am in the learning phase but think I would like to upgrade soon and don't know where else to ask.

Could you please take them one at a time if possible for my clarity of understanding and please include what I haven't asked but should have.

Thank you

John

q2  no need  to uninstall  steam  version

q3  yes  you have  to  reinstall your  planes if  they  are  compatable  to p3dv4

q5  no need  to repurchase orbx   scenery  again  just a matter  of  downloading  them  and  installing  to p3d

q6   yes    just log into here  and  list all your  products https://orbxdirect.com/

q11  if  you    after  you install p3d  yes  you have  to  download  and  reinstall  into p3d all your  addons if  they are  compatable  to  p3dv4  that is

q4 Orbx products will look very good in P3D due to the capabilities of the platform but it is very important that you have a good video card, good ram etc, True Earth products are very demanding.

q5 this said there is no way Orbx can "upgrade their products" is your system which should meet the requirements for a great display of the products

q7 +8  same, no upgrade on the products, you just need to ensure you have a good hardware, no discount is needed as you just have to download the already paid products to the new sim

q9 here you can check the minimum and recommended system requirements to use P3D  https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

So you can start by that.

If you provide your PC specifications I'm sure you'll get support with it, letting you know  if it works fine or if you need to improve something

q 10 replied above

I can't say anything on the last two, sorry

Cheers

Carlos

Hello,

here are my answers to your questions, limited by the limits of my knowledge and with thanks for tha answers already given.

1) Where do I purchase 3PD and get the best support ? I am thinking of the student or $50 version

you can only get P3Dv4 from Lockheed Martin here https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

2 )Do I have to uninstall MSFX Steam to download and install 3PD, or can I keep both?

no need  to uninstall  steam  version

3) Do I have to reinstall my planes? ( Just Ant's and A2A presently)

yes  you have  to  reinstall your  planes

In the case of A2A products, you will have to pay the purchase price or more again to obtain a P3D v4 model

4) Will the Orbx programs I own automatically show better imagery like True earth in 3PD?( it is the True Earth representation that is important since I fly VFR only)

No, your Orbx products will look more or less the same as they do now

5) If not, Is there any way to upgrade the Orbx programs I own or do I have to uninstall and purchase new ones for 3PD?

You can use Orbx Central to install them into P3D v4,at no extra cost.

6) Is there any way that you can see the 21 Orbx programs I own from my registration, or purchase, or account information, or do I have to submit the list?

If they are all in your Orbx Direct account, they are listed on your account page.

If thewy are not yet, the licences can be transferred subject to certain conditions, you could start here.

7) How many of these programs or which will show better imagery in P3D than what I have now? ( I'm under the impression that not all are True Earth equivalent at present)

None of them, as explained in answer 4. 

8) Is there any way to get a discount on the numerous programs I have to upgrade to 3PD as a past user?

As there is no charge for a P3D v4 version, there is no discount.

9) What are the minimum hardware requirements to obtain good results in performance and Imagery? ( I am flying single engine prop planes only with Max speed to 400MPH)  ( I can submit my present hardware specifications if that helps)

You can find these at the P3D site,the link being in answer 1.

10) What are hardware requirements for best results for 3PD4?

The same answer as question 9.

11) Do if have to reinstall everything again if I upgrade in the future or is it best to do this right off.

If there is to be a P3D v5 it depends on the changes made. There was a major change between version 3 and version 4. Version 5 might not be so different.

12) Just focused on the 9  Saitek FIP's and radio panels that I have with gauges from 3 independent suppliers. Do I have to reinstall these.  (all use Spad.neXt)

I don't know the answer, sorry.

13) I also have two throttle quadrants, trim wheel, fighter stick and pedals. Do I have to reinstall these?

I don't know this answer either.

Nick,

Thanks for the response to my questions. Please bear with me on the following which I am sure will show my ignorance on a couple of more things.

1) Is there scenery equivalent to True Earth for X Plane either existing or planned by Orbx for P3D 4 ?  i.e. True Earth for Washington - Seattle area shows things where they actually are and I can almost pick out my Daughters home by Lake Washington. I  presently don't have that kind of Imagery of the area although I do have your Vashon Island  Airport which is neat!

2)Does Orbx True Earth for Great Britain South for P3D look like Google Earth where I can see actual realistic details of Chichester ? I have your Goodwood airport which is realistic but the neighboring towns are not realistic on my present imagery  in MSFX Steam. Can I expect this to automatically upgrade when I get P3D  at their recommended full hardware requirements? 

3)You did mention in you prior response that I did not have to repurchase my existing Orbx programs if going to 3PD  and that my scenery will look like it does now in P3D but I would like it to look like True Earth and Google Earth. Does that mean that I would have to purchase Orbx True Earth programs?

I don't see the benefit of upgrading to 3PD if the scenery will not be better other than possibly better support than MSX.

4) Will Orbx programs work with the New Planned MS2020 presently in the development phase?

5) Are True Earth programs planned for MS 2020? 

6) Have you seen Hardware requirements for MS 2020?

Thanks again,

John

1) Is there scenery equivalent to True Earth for X Plane either existing or planned by Orbx for P3D 4 ?  i.e. True Earth for Washington - Seattle area shows things where they actually are and I can almost pick out my Daughters home by Lake Washington. I  presently don't have that kind of Imagery of the area although I do have your Vashon Island  Airport which is neat!

Yes, there are True Earth products for X Plane 11, you can view them at the Orbx Direct website.

2)Does Orbx True Earth for Great Britain South for P3D look like Google Earth where I can see actual realistic details of Chichester ? I have your Goodwood airport which is realistic but the neighboring towns are not realistic on my present imagery  in MSFX Steam. Can I expect this to automatically upgrade when I get P3D  at their recommended full hardware requirements? 

True Earth products are based on photographs of the terrain. You will be able to see what was there when that photograph was taken.

True Earth products add 3D objects but do not expect to see the exact buildings that are there.

3)You did mention in you prior response that I did not have to repurchase my existing Orbx programs if going to 3PD  and that my scenery will look like it does now in P3D but I would like it to look like True Earth and Google Earth. Does that mean that I would have to purchase Orbx True Earth programs?

Yes

I don't see the benefit of upgrading to 3PD if the scenery will not be better other than possibly better support than MSX.

4) Will Orbx programs work with the New Planned MS2020 presently in the development phase?

At present, there is no information on this subject, no Orbx products and indeed no simulator.

5) Are True Earth programs planned for MS 2020? 

As above, I'm afraid.

6) Have you seen Hardware requirements for MS 2020?

As far as I am aware, no one outside the development process has.

I am not involved at all.

Hello,

all the products listed under the FSX/P3D section at Orbx Direct are for P3D v4.

Orbx do not normally share product planning with the customers but each year,

a "Roadmap" is published to indicate the intentions for that year.

here is this year's

Nick,

I guess I can see by searching on the world maps.

Questions re True Earth GB South

-  Assuming it covers the full south including Portsmouth Naval Base , island of Wright    Southampton airport, and Goodwood,

Yes

- How far to the north does it cover?

about Anglesey to the Wash

- Does it cover Shoreham, Popham, and Compton Abbas?

yes

- Do I still need to incorporate (download all my previous programs like (5) Globals,    and (2) regions and (10) Airports and (6) Other programs or is True Earth South a stand alone program.

No you do not and yes it is.

For P3D4.5 - full / recommended hardware requirements

- Assuming these requirements are met -does True Earth require computer        specifications beyond  these for full performance without degradation? 

No, it will perform as well as the existing simulator but look much better.

- if it is desirable to have more capability could you please specify? - Since I am upgrading my computer, video cart etc (New Computer) -additional capability is easier and cheaper to incorporate upon initial purchase.

Without knowing what you have now, a useful comment would be difficult to make.

Display

I am planning a new display also going from 26" to 32"

- Is there any special or desirable requirement I should be looking for other than 1080 P for Imagery suitable for True Earth etc.

- Could you recommend a suitable display?

I am not really qualified to comment on hardware matters, it is best to do your own research and reach your own decision.

There is a plethora of information on just about everything.

FSX/ P3D 4

- I have MSFX-Steam - Is that the same as FSX

essentially. yes.

- If I purchased TRUE EARTH GB South FSX - would that work to your satisfaction on my present system.

True Earth products are not available for FSX, it cannot cope with the complexity

Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and answers

John

Nick,

I am reasonably convinced I will be going to P3D4.5 early next year and note that your True Earth GB South for P3D is on sale at 50% which ends in 2019. I also note in your  terms and conditions that the software must be downloaded within 14 days after purchase.

Since my system is presently  not capable of handling the P3D requirements and I need to upgrade (purchase a new computer) is there a way to purchase GB South before year end and download it but not install  until I have a new system for P3D?

This would meet your 14 Day download requirement in the terms and conditions?

Hope I am not getting too nitty here to save a few $ .

John

Hello,

I am intrigued by the suggestion and completely unaware that terms and conditions state that the

software must be downloaded within 14 days after purchase.

A far as I am aware, once the licence is purchased, the software can be downloaded indefinitely.

I stand ready to be corrected.

Can you quote your source please?

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I am intrigued by the suggestion and completely unaware that terms and conditions state that the

software must be downloaded within 14 days after purchase.

A far as I am aware, once the licence is purchased, the software can be downloaded indefinitely.

I stand ready to be corrected.

Can you quote your source please?

I bought a lot of products from you, everything is ok only in the case of ESSA roads, taxiing and the runway are in terrible condition despite repeated re-installation and downloading from your site - please help, (P3Dv4)

orbx3.jpg

orbx2.jpg

orbx4.jpg

Edited by WALERY57

On 12/21/2019 at 9:03 PM, flash2 said:

Sorry,

Prepar3D terms and conditions!

Thank You

John

Nick ,

I will be upgrading to P3D4.5 in early 2020 and was wondering if I can take advantage of your current 50% sale on True Earth South for P3d4 by purchasing it now and not downloading until I have my new hardware setup up and operational. One of your previous answers indicated that this is possible but I just wanted to make sure that I understood correctly.

Thanks,

flash2 

Thanks Nick,

Just purchased,

I recently saw something in Orbx Central that I suspect indicates I might need Open LC Europe for optimal P3D performance for True Earth South England but am not sure. All my other programs show up here and if I click on them they all say installed and up to date except for this one. I do own this for FSX and it does not show an update to P3D as the others and shows a price. I do not intend to fly anywhere in Europe except England and previously purchased Open L C Europe thinking I needed it for England. Do I need this for optimal performance in True Earth South England?

Thanks,

flash2

PLEASE GIVE MONEY FOR PURCHASED ESSA AIRPORT - IT IS DEFECTED OF THE RUNNING BELT AND ROAD. PLEASE PROPOSE ANOTHER AIRPORT. NO REPAIR METHODS PROVIDED ON THE FORUM WILL REMEDY THE PROBLEM - THIS IS NOT SERIOUS. YES CAN'T BE MADE - IF THE PRODUCT IS FAIL, IT CANNOT BE SELL. PLEASE VIEW THE PHOTOS ABOVE AND ANSWER PROFESSIONALLY.

orbx1.jpg

orbx2.jpg

orbx4.jpg

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Please do not write in capital letters, it is seen in forums as shouting.

The product is not defective, your installation is lacking a working copy of Objectflow.

There have been a great many topics posted on this subject and the answer is always the same.

Please make sure that you have a copy of objectflow in your P3D v4 add-ons list and that it is active.

if you have previously used FTX Central and are now using Orbx Central, you may in fact have two copies.

If that is the case, you will need to reduce that number to one.

Here is a topic on the subject.

Nick,

In upgrading to P3D4.5 should I consider upgrading my display from 1920x1080p to something better or is that adequate for optimal imagery at present and in the foreseeable future for True Earth England South?

Thanks,

flash2