Hi,

since I know that not always the last nVidia driver is the best choice for a simmer, may I get some suggestion about the best version I mght get for my P3D v4.5 sim? My specs are:

CPU  Intel core i7-7700K, Graphic card nVidia GeForce GTX 1070.

Thanks for any tip,

Fulvio

Hi Fulvio. I have the GTX 1060 6 GB and have no problems running p3d 4.5 at max sliders. I would think you would have no problems with the higher card. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Hi Fulvio. I have the GTX 1060 6 GB and have no problems running p3d 4.5 at max sliders. I would think you would have no problems with the higher card. 

Thanks Flyingleaf,

actually, sometimes the sim seems tired and stops to rest for some instant :lol:

• Like 1

I've been using 436.48 for my 1080, was really working well. I updated to 441.08 this morning, and ended up with a KERNELBASE.dll error, P3D 4.5.2 locked up and shut down on me 15 minutes into a flight. Coincidence or not, I went back to 436.48.

6 hours ago, patful said:

I've been using 436.48 for my 1080, was really working well. I updated to 441.08 this morning, and ended up with a KERNELBASE.dll error, P3D 4.5.2 locked up and shut down on me 15 minutes into a flight. Coincidence or not, I went back to 436.48.

Thanks, Patful; your version is exactly the one I was satisfied in the past.

• Like 1

441.08 is ready for install on my computer. I rather wait for it then. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by bvdboomen

441,08 has a new feature in the Nvidia Control Panel, under Manage 3D Settings.  A new entry "Image Sharpening".

I tried it today at the default settings, and there was an improvement, I then took the Sharpening up to 0.59 and the images in the sim are really crisp.

Chris.

1 hour ago, Chris.D said:

441,08 has a new feature in the Nvidia Control Panel, under Manage 3D Settings.  A new entry "Image Sharpening".

I tried it today at the default settings, and there was an improvement, I then took the Sharpening up to 0.59 and the images in the sim are really crisp.

Chris.

Hi Chris, I read too about this new feature; fact is that with this new driver, the sim tends to stop - during a flight -, some more time than before. Am I wrong? In any case, what should I have to do with this new Image sharpening?

Thanks for your answer, BTW,

Fulvio

Hi  Fulvio,  I have not had any bother with the sim at all, since activating the sharpening.  I performs exactly as it did before but now the screen is much sharper.

I had the sim running as I did the adjustments in Nvidia control panel and could see the difference right away.  Stands to reason as the video card is down stream of the sim.  I have the sharpening setting up to 0.66 now and everything looks really good.

Chris.

1 hour ago, Chris.D said:

Hi  Fulvio,  I have not had any bother with the sim at all, since activating the sharpening.  I performs exactly as it did before but now the screen is much sharper.

I had the sim running as I did the adjustments in Nvidia control panel and could see the difference right away.  Stands to reason as the video card is down stream of the sim.  I have the sharpening setting up to 0.66 now and everything looks really good.

Chris.

Thanks, Chris

The image sharpening was the only reason I installed the new driver, never got to use it before the kernel error! I'll probably wait for the next version to try again.

5 hours ago, Chris.D said:

I performs exactly as it did before but now the screen is much sharper.

Is it possible to see some examples. before and after?

I have been using the Image Sharpening feature in the latest Nvidia driver set, and I concur with Chris above. The results are very noticeable, everything is more crisp and no negative effects on my system whatsoever. Everything for me is still very smooth and stutter free. I am very happy thus far with this new driver set. 

As to comparison screenshots, when I was researching the new Image Sharpening feature, I ran across some comparison shots over on the AVSIM forums, and the problem was, due to resolution differences with uploaded screenshots and reality, the Image Sharpening differences were not real noticeable in the screenshots. However, in actual real view of my screen, it is very noticeable, and that is at the default setting in the Image Sharpening setting of .50. As Chris said, the adjustments are instantaneous, and are done in the Nvidia Control Panel, and are therefore easy to turn on and off. Simple to try for yourself. 

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

Thank you Landon.

Of course...you are most welcome :)