Hello,

I've had problems receiving the ILS 06. Using LittleNavmap, I've found that the ident in the ORBX_EGPH_ADE.bgl file is IIVG, instead of IVG. Could this be corrected?

The base scenery file and fsaerodata both have IVG, but are currently overriden by the ORBX file's higher layer.

Thanks!

Alan

EGPH #1696-7376

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

This is not easily done and will have to be referred to the developer.

I have added it to the list of customer reported problems for you.

Thanks Nick.

I'm hoping it will help me receive the ILS 06, I didn't find any posts in the forum with a similar issue. Apparently placing fsaerodata above the ORBX entries will override the ORBX file, but the developer mentions that from 4.5 HF2 the fsaerodata entries should be placed below any 3rd party scenery.

Regards,

Alan

Yes, the highest version in the scenery library is now the one that the airport elevation is read from.

It looks like there is an existing problem with the default ILS which is called IVG and that it is not

possible to create a second one with the same name or to rename the default one.

That's where I got to and had to give up.

Looking at East Midlands, both the ORBX and default versions in ADE, both of them have the same ILS ident.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get an amended PH file to compile in ADE for some reason to try editing the ident there to check this.

Hello everyone,

I can also confirm the ILS Rwy 06 error in EGPH.

I wanted to make an ILS approach to Runway 06 yesterday with the FSLabs A320.

Unfortunately, the Locolizer plays completely crazy and led me extremely far next to the runway.

The Glideslope was not received at all.

I then compared the ILS frequency and the landing course of the MCDU of the FSLab with the Navigraph charts, these were completely identical.

Maybe there are somehow wrong data stored in the scenery?

Well, but unfortunately I do not know that way....

I hope that maybe can fix with an update.

Best regards,

Markus

42 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

I updated this with a new AFCAD now i have IVG and ITH.

I really don’t understand why Orbx has made so many mistakes with this scenery. 

Possibly because you don't know how many issues were identified and dealt with before release.

There are literally thousands of intricate details that could be imperfect, and not all aspects can be tested.   This is one that slipped through.

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

Possibly because you don't know how many issues were identified and dealt with before release.

There are literally thousands of intricate details that could be imperfect, and not all aspects can be tested.   This is one that slipped through.

This is all basic stuff sorry. I’m not accepting your comment. Even the chart says ILS DME reads Zero at the THR HLD Orbx also missed to set DME to zero at both ends.

Is beta testing designed to catch such trivial stuff? It was the first error I noticed when checking my Idents on approach 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Driver170 said:

I updated this with a new AFCAD now i have IVG and ITH.

I really don’t understand why Orbx has made so many mistakes with this scenery. 

Hello,

please share your expertise so that I can improve mine.

I was unable to remove or amend the "Orphaned ILS", can you tell me how you did it please?

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

Hello Nick,

I have used Herve Sors Airport Inspector to successfully remove the existing ILS06 entry and configure 06/24 using the AIRAC data including setting the DME reading to zero at the runway threshold.

Thanks very much, I have it and have learned how it works and made the corrections.

My first lesson of the day and much appreciated.:)

I managed to use the Airport Inspector mentioned here to at least get the ILS working somewhat correctly, only I don't really know what I'm doing with it and the Glideslope touchdown point is half way along the runway :D

• Haha 1

Hello,

I "fixed" mine, there are two versions and you must be careful to rename

the files as they are in your installation.

There is no guarantee that this works but please feel free to try it.

Of course back up your files before making any changes.

The files go in ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery

If you do not feel confident with Windows File Explorer, do not do this please.

This is the first time I have used this software and I am not a developer.

I have moved 06 away from the runway but not tested the result

1.jpg

ORBX_EGPH_ADE.bgl ORBX_EGPH_ADE_STATICS.bgl.off

• Thanks 2

Worked a treat Nick - just brought an A318 in on full Autoland although it was slightly right of centre but it works fine until a full fix is provided.

For others, you can just rename the original two files to include .off at the end - if you've turned Static aircraft off in the Config options, you won't need the STATICS file as this will already be named .off and isn't used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I "fixed" mine, there are two versions and you must be careful to rename

the files as they are in your installation.

There is no guarantee that this works but please feel free to try it.

Of course back up your files before making any changes.

The files go in ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery

If you do not feel confident with Windows File Explorer, do not do this please.

This is the first time I have used this software and I am not a developer.

I have moved 06 away from the runway but not tested the result

ORBX_EGPH_ADE.bgl 25.11 kB · 14 downloads ORBX_EGPH_ADE_STATICS.bgl.off 24.83 kB · 11 downloads

Hello Nick Cooper,

thank you for your work, the ILS now works with your file on the Rwy 06.

I think it's really nice of you that you have taken the matter and us "users" have brought a solution!

At the same time I'm a little disappointed, that would be the work of the developers!

No question, mistakes can and may happen naturally. But as a customer, I expect a prompt solution by an update!

The ILS now only works through your intervention. It does not work by default, nor does the apron lighting work when EGPH flies in.

These are for me already essential errors that actually immediately resolved include.

Unfortunately, you have heard nothing from the developer, the scenery is already some time on the market.

I hope you can get the developers to fix the bugs on time!

Best regards,

Markus

Edited by Markus Felber
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Markus Felber said:

Hello Nick Cooper,

thank you for your work, the ILS now works with your file on the Rwy 06.

I think it's really nice of you that you have taken the matter and us "users" have brought a solution!

At the same time I'm a little disappointed, that would be the work of the developers!

No question, mistakes can and may happen naturally. But as a customer, I expect a prompt solution by an update!

The ILS now only works through your intervention. It does not work by default, nor does the apron lighting work when EGPH flies in.

These are for me already essential errors that actually immediately resolved include.

Unfortunately, you have heard nothing from the developer, the scenery is already some time on the market.

I hope you can get the developers to fix the bugs on time!

Best regards,

Markus

Hello Markus

You are absolutely correct in what you say - this is not the first time the Orbx team produce an airport that is riddled with problems after we part with our hard earned cash and they DO NOT PRODUCE AN UPDATE FIX. We as customers fully expect the product to be accurate in its rendition to detail. To have an ILS skewed from the norm is quite frankly inexcusable. Nick Cooper has done a great job to correct 06 but this address  should have been done by the developer IMMEDIATELY after identification. When you look at the latest ground chart for this airport, the supplied original AFCAD is missing gates, namely the A & B gates at 15 and 16, - and the complete Turnhouse apron Gates 308 - 318 is not even reproduced. 

Having said that, it is imperative that whenever bugs are found by us, the customers, the developers should react timeously to correct the problems - indeed Orbx have been challenged before on this aspect of their after sales but they seem to ignore it -  not good customer service!! All other developers seem to bring out updates, so why not this developer GayaSimulations - after all they are an in house team.

I own a lot of Orbx products - they can produce great stuff, EGHI as a prime example but then I discovered when I bought Bilbao, not one single jetway ever worked when connected to the aircraft leaving a huge gap between the plane and walkway. Palm Springs Airport, was produced with jetways as solid components integrated in to the fabric of the building and never moved at all. So there is a pattern of non consistency with their airports.

So come on ORBX, get your act together and produce accurate UP TO DATE AFCADS, proper renditions and produce the fixes to make our purchases a treat in complementing our simulator.

Regards

Iain

• Upvote 2

This version of the airport takes into account many of the airport’s recent changes, including the old Runway 12/30, which closed in March 2018. Note that our airport depicts all ground areas based on our licensed imagery from 2016-2017. We may look into an update to add new aircraft parking areas in the future.

That said, I hope we will get an update when the relevant imagery is available and that Beta testing on "out of house" products will be beefed up in line with the complaints made over this release.

Edited by Trevor Hannant
  • Upvote 1