3 hours ago, Aharon said:

Shalom and greetings,

I am wondering if Orbx's new Australia Base version 2 have this pink lake as seen on this video below?

https://www.facebook.com/ftcb.me/videos/478121792803748/

Regards,

Aharon

2 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

I am loading it up now, I do not believe so, the Lake has not been Pink for 10 Years due Salinity

There are multiple pink lakes in WA though....

Lake Hilliar (Middle Island) at the Recherche Archipelago (the lake in that video) should still be pink, but it is not as vibrant as shown in that video anymore

The lake at Port Gregory (Hutt Lagoon) is also pink, but again not as vibrant as in that video and I have a friend who flies tourists over this lake.

Spencer Lake...... the pink lake inland near Esperance........ this one has not been pink for about 10 years now

Terry

Edited by TerryM

This reminds me to an event years and years ago when we sailed along the Southcoast of England.

It was midsummer and a period of really stable hot summer weather was going on.

Slowly the sea turned more and more reddish as we moved westward and ended up like the sea was a big bowl of tomato soup and we were sailing right in the middle.

Any direction we looked into was orange red, never seen something like that and we never saw it again.

Later on we heared it was an explosion of orange plankton. It was amazing. !!

Cheers Fred

Thanks all kind people for posting answers and links here and for wonderful explanations!!

Special thanks to @Richard Lincoln for going through trouble to find proof of lake in his flight sim.

Since @Scott Harmes  said he had seen pink lakes during flight from Melbourne to Adelaide, does Orbx's new Australia base package version 2 have those pink lakes located in the areas according to Scott, please?

TerryM says: There are multiple pink lakes in WA though.... Lake Hilliar (Middle Island) at the Recherche Archipelago (the lake in that video) should still be pink

@TerryM,  I do not see another video that you are referring to in your post, please??? Maybe you forgot to put video link??

Moreover, does Orbx's Australia base package version 2 have pink water for Lake Hilliar (Middle Island) at the Recherche Archipelago, please?

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon
1 hour ago, Aharon said:

@TerryM,  I do not see another video that you are referring to in your post, please??? Maybe you forgot to put video link??

I believe the one in your facebook link was Lake Hilliar at the Recherche Archipelago........  which is still pink. 

The lake that is not pink anymore is Spencer Lake, and may be the one Richard was referring too.

Lake Hutton at Port Gregory is still pink

On 10/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

I am loading it up now, I do not believe so, the Lake has not been Pink for 10 Years due Salinity

This reminds me in the late  sixties  when  we were young  and  full of enthusiasm to discover our newly country of adoption" Australia"  . We set  to go  to this  so called Pink Lake  near Esperance in WA.  Because  of the  decomposition of the algae , I un-officially re- named  it "STINK LAKE" . It was  so bad  that  we could not stay longer than a few seconds . 

And  for the  colour  it was pretty  dull . Perhaps  the clouds  had something to say  about the spectrum of  colours displayed. 

Now  for the scientific  side,  I do not think  it   is  due  because  of salinity  but rather from the algea  like noctiluca scintillans or   small prawns like  Artemia salina that  gives  this  dramatic colours 

Edited by YAMBA1

Hi all,

I can add some of those lakes as photoreal water in the upcoming service pack for AUv2. However, P3D adds several reflection layers and shaders on top of all waterbodies making vibrant colors much darker and duller than they should be. I've noticed that with some of the colorful tailing ponds at the photoreal mines included with AUv2.

Cheers, Holger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, TerryM said:

I believe the one in your facebook link was Lake Hilliar at the Recherche Archipelago........  which is still pink.  The lake that is not pink anymore is Spencer Lake, and may be the one Richard was referring too.

@TerryM

Thanks   I thought the video link that I posted was about Spencer Lake.  I did not realize the video actually shows Lake Hilliar.

Regards,

Aharon

6 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi all,

I can add some of those lakes as photoreal water in the upcoming service pack for AUv2.

@Holger Sandmann,

Adding pink lakes with pink waters for the upcoming service pack for AUv2 would be gratefully gratefully appreciated and would enhance real world realism.  The pink water would work in FSX for sure!

And thanks all for fantastic explanations on pink color water of the lakes in Australia.

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to bring up this one year old thread but I am wondering if Orbx has chance to incorporate pink waters into the coming service pack of the  Orbx  Australia Base version 2, please?

Thanks.

Aharon