resolved Elevation "delamination" at KTVL

Paughco

Guys: I installed P3D v4.5 hotfix 2 last week. Decided to fly my Mustang from South Tahoe (KTVL) to Furnace Creek (L06). Noticed that the terrain was not flat, and some of the nearby parked airplanes were on the non-ORBX surface, while my P-51 was on a semi-opaque, higher surface. Here is a screenshot, showing my Mustang sitting on the higher surface, with shadows being cast on the higher surface and the lower surface:

Dx1FAnG50myKUVkU81o_h8o2Z7ocN8-FOV_i71Ns

Here's the external view at "ground" level:

JyqrOQzWhtBuYMWDIDWskx3pdLsYHeh4CrClvnVR

Here's another view, from the back of the airplane:

lhVafVctC8C4MOBKxCwebUIJAnE-SwxOk5h4Mk8z

Here's what I get with my ORBX KTVL scenery turned off:

r9DhZTxWsJ-dcDhqr3D9EcSPhHnLVxEV7wwGzQGG

I have flown into and out of ORBX KTVL several times before, and it's always been OK. I tried reconfiguring Global BASE Pack, and Libraries as recommended in another thread on this subject, with no difference. Turning the KTVL scenery works pretty well, but I consider that to be a temporary fix, seein' as how I paid for the airport scenery.

Any ideas?

Thank you

ATB

Yes, I have a lot of ORBX, including, but not limited to: Global BASE Pack, VECTOR, Open LC North America, all the NA Regions, and most of the airports in the Western US. 

Seeya

ATB

Edited by Paughco

I just uninstalled P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 (Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.5.13.32097) and reinstalled P3D v4.5 from May 2019 (Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.5.12.30293). Full uninstall and full install. The delamination problem at KTVL is totally gone. I didn't take a screenshot, but it would look like the last picture above but with ORBX KTVL turned on and way more of that fine ORBX detail.

So it appears to be something that ORBX doesn't like about P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2. I've got so much ORBX scenery that I'll just stick with this version of P3D until the issue is resolved.

Seeya

ATB 

Hi

Please try your Vector entries as in my below image...At the moment Orbx Central is placing them in the incorrect order, it has been reported and will be fixed in the next update, but you will also need to reorder them after every time you run Orbx Central.

Vector Entries.PNG

Hello,

there is an absolute cause and effect here.

I installed KTVL into hotfix 2 and it was broken, both as an xml and as installed into p3d.

Without changing anything, I uninstalled hotfix 2 and reinstalled hotfix, client only.

Result, the problem goes away.

Therefore the problem is P3D I think.

Two things: 

1) I'll have to look again to see what improvements I'll get from Hotfix 2 vs. what I've got right now P3D v4.5 from May 19 and decide if I want to update just the client.

2) I have to run ORBX Central to see if there's an update, right? So every time I run it to see if there's an update, I have to re-order my Vector entries. That's a drag.

Please let me know if there's an update.

Oh yeah - one thing I forgot to mention in my post above is that the KTVL looked great after I reverted back to the earlier version of P3D v4.5. Then I took off in the Mustang and started out toward Furnace Creek. The scenery had many strange rectangles. I started ORBX Central and reconfigured Vector and then Libraries, and started the flight over again. The scenery looked great, all the way down to Furnace Creek, except for a few black partial rectangles on the shorelines of some of those lakes along the way, but they weren't too bad.  

Thank you

ATB 

Edited by Paughco

Guys. I have like Nick brought my sim back to HF1. LM has indeed brought us a lot of problems. We shall cry out to all. LEAVE THE HANDS OFF HF2. The Orbx Software 4 has nothing to do with this. Believe me or not. My cliffs at Atlanta is also gone. All looks crisp and fine again

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I have the same issue.

When you'll fix it, will it be available by the FTX central and "verify files" or must I have to check this forum every day to see a link for the fix here ?

Thanks !

Edited by Jef32

Hi !

Sorry but if KTVL had been updated, I still have the issue.

If in FTX central, I choose KTVL and "verify files", that's saying that my product is up-to-date.

But I have the issue and my vectors entries are set exactly like Doug shows above.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I don't understand but the issue came back. I have the good order for the vectors, as shown above and I've re-installed the .bgl you gave me some days ago but today I have my plane floating above the parking agin. I've made the update with FTX Central and before change the BGL again, I had the plane on the ground but a big step making a big level difference with the runway.

Hi

I've downloaded again and after download, this isn't the aircraft floating on the air but a big height difference in front of me when I look towards the runway.

Remember me: The vectors must be just above the bases in the scenery.cfg ?

I've totally uninstall KTVL for complete re-install  but for the moment, the download is very very slow and stops very often. Do you have isue with your servers ?

I've tested my connection, all is quite normal. Just the downlad of KTVL is very slow.

• 4 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 12:51 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the update has, I understand, been available using Orbx Central.

I do not think that it has necessarily been added to FTX Central.

If you wish, please try this file.

ORBX_KTVL_APX.bgl 10.41 kB · 34 downloads

hello, i tried that, also install and reinstall of the scenery, currently have installed global+vector+open LC NA and North California, I'm using FS Global Mesh as well
also added below a screenie of my KTVL related files inside my main Orbx folder within my main p3d4
any sugestions?
image.thumb.png.29d531ff6b69636bf5dec31e34d377d1.png
image.thumb.png.18b5fa70efff048f618cb37a68878cf5.png

Edited by jotaedo