Many years ago, we had a small Terrier named Mack. He was the kind of dog that not only liked to accompany my as I worked, he liked to be in charge. If I was at a desk, he wanted to sit on my lap and make sure the work was being done according to his high standards.

My question -- do you have a dog (or cat) who likes to guide your flight sim activities?

• Like 3

Had my Rusty (orange cat). Just before landing he would jump up and walk over the key board crashing my airplane. Looking at me like: So what". I miss him so much. Lost him to heaven after twenty years.

• Like 4

My cat will chew on the wires behind the desk in the mornings when he is hungry, I then need to walk with him to his food bowl.  Literally.  and he will occasionally walk across the desk and block the screens.  Not much of a help but..... :lol:

Just a fat spoiled cat.  Lol

Edited by caleb1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My cat, Indiana Jones, likes to curl up in my lap while I am flying....he gets very annoyed that he has to curl up around my Warthog HOTAS, which sits between my legs on a Monster Tech mount. He figures it out eventually though.

• Like 3

My last cat, Shannon, would insist on being on my lap when flying, or anything else. She was a girl, and bonded most with me.  My current cat, Chessie, will occasionally climb onto my lap when I'm sitting in my cockpit, but quickly gets annoyed by my flying, and leaves in a huff.  He's a boy, and while bonded to me, is closer to my wife (he likes the girls).

Ken

• Haha 1

Well, interesting thread, since a month, and now it's getting worse, my best friend, my female Golden as been sick, they are not sure of what because I don't have the money to past more expensive exam. Maya was not a good flight sim dog :( she was always putting toys on my keyboard... messing everything up, play play play :)

And I have 3 dogs.. and they all bug me when I go on my sim rig = boring time for them.

To be honest I don't feel like doing any hobby since a wile including simming because she doesn't follow me anymore downstairs.

I still hop thing will get better.

Ben

53970393_1484650811666697_7186526819414179840_o.jpg

26060304_1153018441496604_3444631814797217102_o.jpg

18891914_1034855719979544_7810615356470337468_o.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Benny said:

Well, interesting thread, since a month, and now it's getting worse, my best friend, my female Golden as been sick, they are not sure of what because I don't have the money to past more expensive exam. Maya was not a good flight sim dog :( she was always putting toys on my keyboard... messing everything up, play play play :)

And I have 3 dogs.. and they all bug me when I go on my sim rig = boring time for them.

To be honest I don't feel like doing any hobby since a wile including simming because she doesn't follow me anymore downstairs.

I still hop thing will get better.

Ben

Wonderful pictures, Benny. Already I love your dogs and I've never even met them! :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Benny said:

26060304_1153018441496604_3444631814797217102_o.jpg

Benny, we can tell that you are Canadian. That's not a black dog, that's a black bear - just look at the size of it!! :D

Here's hoping that your Golden Retriever gets better and you get back into simming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes Sultan is 120 pounds but he is a gentle giant that love snow.

Thanks for your kind words for Maya... it's really hard on me

Ben

• Like 1

Especially CATS, but I whole heartedly agree.  What would we do without our beloved four footed companions! 

Ken

I have a Shih Tzu named 'Pixel', not your average 'Guys' dog.  She sleeps while I sim (recognizes talent) but her little clock is programmed also for eating, walking and loving so the sim often goes on 'pause'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I have a Shih Tzu named 'Pixel', not your average 'Guys' dog.  She sleeps while I sim (recognizes talent) but her little clock is programmed also for eating, walking and loving.

Forget about the so called "Atomic Clock."  My experience tells me that there is no clock as accurate as "CST" - Cat Stomach Time!  Our first Cat (after we were married) wanted her cat treats at exactly 5:00 pm, and insisted on them.  "C'mon, Mickey's big hand is at the top, and his little hand is pointing THERE.  It's TIME!" Two cats later, same thing.  And where I work, the sheep vociferously announce their supper time, so I'm sure the same applies to dogs.  For all our gadgetry, our animal companions have us beat.

Ken

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

Forget about the so called "Atomic Clock."  My experience tells me that there is no clock as accurate as "CST" - Cat Stomach Time!  Our first Cat (after we were married) wanted her cat treats at exactly 5:00 pm, and insisted on them.  "C'mon, Mickey's big hand is at the top, and his little hand is pointing THERE.  It's TIME!" Two cats later, same thing.  And where I work, the sheep vociferously announce their supper time, so I'm sure the same applies to dogs.  For all our gadgetry, our animal companions have us beat.

Ken

Ken, you are right on the money....my current cat always knows exactly what time it is for him to be fed. Further, on Saturday's and Sunday's, he gets a very special treat, and he now knows which days are Sat. and Sun. and exactly what time is treat time. CST as you term it is most definitely a fact. But, he is my buddy, so I gladly take care of his wants. As a further example of him knowing exactly what time it is, anytime I feel I need a nap, I just go find my buddy, lay down on the couch, and he will always curl up right next to me and nap with me the entire time. Every time, all the time. Pets are something special.

Edited by Sniper31
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

Ken

Not only that, I believe they have 'daylight savings time' on their little hard drives.  No alarm clock needed.

My dog is a Flatcoated Retriever named Irko and knows that when I begin a (virtual)flight to search for a comfortable look at me from the side of the coach, but after a couple of minutes his eyes aren't open anymore and probably dreams for a next walk in the park...

PnNaVZy.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Mr Rollo enjoys helping me or hindering me:D

m7GpBdf.jpg

And its mine.

XVcWb3U.jpg

cheers

Iain

Mr. Rollo!!!! Great to see him in action again Iain :) 

• Like 1

Max (our Golden Retriever) and Mickey have luckily no interest in my simming. But they tend to do a lot of things together, like eating or watching birds in the garden out of our dining room door.

DSCF4171.jpg

DSCF4178.jpg

What I don’t understand though is why Mickey is so fond of heat. The closer to the open fire the better

DSCF1619.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Awesome stories and pics here of everyone's best buddies...keep 'em coming!

+1. I love these threads! All my pets have passed on, but I love hearing stories and seeing pics of others' pets.

@Benny, I'm very sorry to hear that your Maya is sick. I know how hard that can be. I hope she gets well soon! Praying for her and you.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 11:32 PM, Iain Emms said:

Mr Rollo enjoys helping me or hindering me:D

m7GpBdf.jpg

And its mine.

XVcWb3U.jpg

cheers

Iain

When I saw the pictures of Mr. Rollo I thought it was my cat Princess Lily, but she would have been right in front of the screen. Really annoying when on final.

Larry

My First Officer Abby, feral cat volunteer 8 years ago. She adopted me soon after we saved her (if you know cats you know THEY adopt you, not the other way around...:-)). Yes, that's my printer, she loves it, but the printer not so much. Clean hair out all the time but she's faithfully with me on most flights.

5LYD7Xl.jpg

• Like 1