4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

72. In my "wiser" age I just learned: Its a nice feeling when the pain goes away.:D

I am waiting on a new hip and knee. Above the weight the doctors say I need to be so trying to lose a bit. I think about all I have lost so far is my mind.

I use a walker around the house but when I go to the shops or other places away from home I have an electric wheelchair.

Edited by Patrick Cox

2 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

48 Years old now but I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old in the house so they keep my young :D

I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old too but I can give them back to their parents :rolleyes::rolleyes: Far better situation IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

77 nearly and a bit deaf , that’s good sometimes :lol: plus not many teeth left. Still got my hair though which is good and no wrinkles yet. Derek.

• Like 2

OMG! flight tsimming will die out in a few years for lack of alive customers. Guess it won't affect me, as I will be 86 in December. I have 7 flight sims on my computer, and I now have some trouble remembering all the key commands.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m 35, and very happy to see that all the older bodies here have young minds - that makes me look forward and at the same time enjoy the time here and now.

Flight Sim makes me a babbling nerdy kid - so don’t get me started! :)

• Like 2

35, simming for more than 20yrs. One of my knees is about 70. Did a PPL over 10 yrs ago but it became too expensive a hobby. Work in the emergency services and get my flying fix from simming. Excited for what 2020 will bring!

• Like 2

What a great thread - No problems - arguments - or complaints

HKTerry asked who was the oldest and the answer so far is:-----

Joe Mills    @ 89

John Nost @ 86

Me              @ 84

3 0f you     @ 81

1                 @ 80

7 of us at 80 or over ---- Orbx should be offering us extra discount for hanging around so long in the market for Orbx

;) - we need a smile for grey beards

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

7 of us at 80 or over ---- Orbx should be offering us extra discount for hanging around so long in the market for Orbx

;) - we need a smile for grey beards

Seven of us 80 or over! That's a lot of accumulated wisdom. Wonder how many of us 75-80? The next wisest bunch :rolleyes:

41.  I'm really a (relative) newcomer to simming though, having started with FSX in 2009.  That's if you don't count Top Gun on the Atari 2600 :D.  I've made up for the late start though, as I pretty much fly one sim or another every day.

• Like 3

Not often I'm one of the young blokes on a forum.

However, I did start simming with F/A-18 Interceptor for the Amiga in 1988.

I suppose that classifies me as a  ' young old fart '. Try explaining that to a Martian learning English !   

• Like 1

54, reasonably young by the look of things...I am as one of my daughters says 'the family nerd'.......better than some of the other names I have been called...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/29/2019 at 8:36 PM, boetie said:

53 and I've never grown up :}

My wife once asked me if I would ever grow up. My reply - hope not.

• Haha 2

54 physically (I have to get used to that figure, as this changed today...). However, like so many others I turn back into a teenager when the sim is started.

• Like 2

How did I miss this one - got my private in '65 then several 'add-ons' with the GI Bill.  Lots of ratings but mostly VFR low and slow.  81 now and the FAA says I'm done so went with the sim FS9 and it's been fun ever since.

• Like 1