• 4 months later...
On 9/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, JohnY said:

Ah well.  Its back to the UK2000 Bristol Extreme for me then.  I don't want to have to cross the Channel every time I'm flying from home.

+1 for ORBX EGGD

Bristol is an international airport, I am amazed this hasn't already been done or even considered.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, John Venema said:

We are focusing on up north at the moment. The south of England has been over-indulged in the past years, time to give some loving to the rest of the country.

Yet you missed the busiest airport in the south of England and 9th busiest airport in the UK by total passenger traffic in 2018, from UK CAA statistics - 

Southampton, which you have done (and is excellent by the way) by comparison has 1/4 of the traffic!

I would like to see Bristol as a priority once the smaller airports in the north have been covered.

Frustrating that EGGD Bristol has been done by Plus Pilot, but only for X plane, it looks amazing. . .:(

Edited by uksfpred
58 minutes ago, John Venema said:

did you read my post at all ?

3 hours ago, uksfpred said:

Frustrating that EGGD Bristol has been done by Plus Pilot, but only for X plane, it looks amazing. . .:(

Ive had a look at Plus pilot - they only make content for X Plane, where as   ,, , , 

On 9/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, John Venema said:

Always both for new Orbx airports.

Don't be rude. It's not the right way to deal with us here. Why are British customers always so passive-aggressive? :wacko:

Anyway, PilotPlus are a partner developer who only publish for XP11. As such we don't control their target platforms.

You're completely entitled to quote me from last September regarding planned concurrent releases of Orbx in-house developed airports for both P3D and XP11, but keep it in context - that was a goal we have been working towards and indeed have now delivered for 3-4 airports that way since I made that post. However, it was not a promise to do that for every release, but a goal to work towards. Developing for dual platform releases is not a trivial task, and costly - which is why hardly any developer/publisher does it.

There's a reason I have been posting less on the forums and making commitments, roadmaps and stating goals. Folks seem to dig up stuff I've mentioned sometimes years ago and seem to think there is an entitlement on their part for Orbx to be bound to deliver on absolutely everything I even mention or contemplate.

Here's the general rule of thumb to follow: if we show screenshots of an upcoming product in the Preview Screenshots subforum, then you know it's coming. Anything else - reset your expectations.

• Like 2

Hi John

hmm, hmm! English customer calling,

"Why?... because we've just lost rugby 17-24 to France ...that's why!"

Thanks for the great news that more scenery is coming for the North (and Midlands?). For the last few years at the Cosford show I've been (politely) bending ears at the Orbx desk that "most of us live outside the south east".

Have a great year, John, and I'll look forward to really enjoying your excellent airport sceneries. Please don't give up on us.

Rod EGBB

On 2/4/2020 at 12:02 PM, John Venema said:

Don't be rude. It's not the right way to deal with us here. Why are British customers always so passive-aggressive? :wacko:

My apologies john it wasn't my intention to come across as being rude - and yes it is frustrating that EGGD is out, but only for Xplane. . it looks incredible.

I can only hope ORBX EGGD is released one day, however .. by then I expect FS2020 will be out and at that point we're having an entirely new conversation :)

I get the impression, probably wrongly, that EGGD Bristol for X-plane can be used by P3D customers if they have True Earth installed.

Is this right?

John