JohnnyJohnJohn

Repaint Ideas for Changing Textures.....

Hi all.  

Does anyone know where to find the folder that contains the road vehicles like Trailer Trucks, etc?  I thought of doing some changes for the trailers so that it would look like real company logos for coming in on approaches and taking off over highways.

Hoping one of you gurus out there can lead me to the location in Prepar3d.  

Thanks!

Edited by JohnnyJohnJohn

Hello Johnny,

Having been there what seems like a long time ago,  for these sorts of questions the best advice is going to be at fsdeveloper.com. The odds of finding the answer are just better there.  It's always a bit more complicated than it seems, for example, how do you reduce the compression artifacts in the .dds you will have to edit since you don't have the source images. And there may be legal issues depending on what you want to do. FSD is the place where detailed and knowledgeable  help is available; just ask.

Cheers,

3 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hello Johnny,

Having been there what seems like a long time ago,  for these sorts of questions the best advice is going to be at fsdeveloper.com. The odds of finding the answer are just better there.  It's always a bit more complicated than it seems, for example, how do you reduce the compression artifacts in the .dds you will have to edit since you don't have the source images. And there may be legal issues depending on what you want to do. FSD is the place where detailed and knowledgeable  help is available; just ask.

Cheers,

Thanks Larry, I shall - I'd like to think it wouldn't have any legal issues since airlines are used in the Sim, and I thought it would look cool for Traffic with say logos like, SWIFT /  JLine / FedEx, and UPS and various companies on the road.....  :)