Jump to content
Jack Sawyer

I luv Catalina - Warning, 30 shots P3D

Recommended Posts

P3D 4.5

Orbx Global, Vector, N/A LC, California, Trees, Buildings, KAVX

Weather - AS4

MilViz Bell

 

I got carried away a couple ion weeks ago because I really love this Orbx area.

tsxY6a3.jpg

 

jGncwL4.jpg

 

InIwZ9j.jpg

 

qKOlFUi.jpg

 

eQ65Yi0.jpg

 

G4nLpp7.jpg

 

vvARo7E.jpg

 

6tOQist.jpg

 

9NTPef0.jpg

 

iA1DbO1.jpg

 

lKnwaeu.jpg

 

g5DL0LX.jpg

 

8bey70G.jpg

 

a1FO0l1.jpg

 

ZIuyXkQ.jpg

 

3Gre4aR.jpg

 

d3aS6y4.jpg

 

qvhrDve.jpg

 

uU2IZh8.jpg

 

vBVkx8l.jpg

 

OvpuBQB.jpg

 

F65623j.jpg

 

CUQpQIC.jpg

 

y5ID3zh.jpg

 

LCgbuza.jpg

 

WXP13jd.jpg

 

5or1dPQ.jpg

 

6h5B8pn.jpg

 

i0GVo3R.jpg

 

TUPfxY8.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Smashing set of shots Jack !! .

 

Cheers

 

John

Thanks John, this island is amazing,  I wish I could visit it someday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, this island is amazing,  I wish I could visit it someday.

It is a very cool place to visit , plus not many cars on the Island either :

 

Waiting Times

It currently takes about 20 years for a vehicle import application to get to the top of the list, according to the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce. There is, however, no set time for the waiting list, so you could wait longer. There are separate waiting lists for residential vehicles and commercial vehicles. Importing an autoette doesn't provide any loopholes either. The vehicle waiting lists apply to both cars and autoettes. While ferries travel regularly from Los Angeles and Orange County to Avalon and Two Harbors regularly, they accommodate passengers only. If you're importing a vehicle, you have to arrange for private transportation

 

John

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BradB said:

It is a very cool place to visit , plus not many cars on the Island either :

 

Waiting Times

It currently takes about 20 years for a vehicle import application to get to the top of the list, according to the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce. There is, however, no set time for the waiting list, so you could wait longer. There are separate waiting lists for residential vehicles and commercial vehicles. Importing an autoette doesn't provide any loopholes either. The vehicle waiting lists apply to both cars and autoettes. While ferries travel regularly from Los Angeles and Orange County to Avalon and Two Harbors regularly, they accommodate passengers only. If you're importing a vehicle, you have to arrange for private transportation

 

John

I read they have tons of golf carts there.  And you also have to be rich so that counts me out :lol:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shots,  Jack ! 

I never realized there is so much detail to see in this area. I like P3D for it's 'brightness' both outside and inside the VC - something which many competitors seem to lack in the daylight hours.

 

My ATI 7970 finally died, after 9 years of service. So stuck on the ground without anything to fly atm. Thinking of picking up a GeForce 1660Ti to tide me over for a few months until I find out what's going to happen with MFS 2020 which should tell me how to proceed with my new build, as I would only be interested in having one sim on it on a dedicated drive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MZee1960 said:

Great shots,  Jack ! 

I never realized there is so much detail to see in this area. I like P3D for it's 'brightness' both outside and inside the VC - something which many competitors seem to lack in the daylight hours.

 

My ATI 7970 finally died, after 9 years of service. So stuck on the ground without anything to fly atm. Thinking of picking up a GeForce 1660Ti to tide me over for a few months until I find out what's going to happen with MFS 2020 which should tell me how to proceed with my new build, as I would only be interested in having one sim on it on a dedicated drive.

Thanks MZ!  Sorry to hear about the card.  A 1660 would be better than mine, very nice.  I agree, this area is so detailed, I could spend a lot of time seeing it all.  I like both XP and P3D and don’t know how 2020 will shake out.  But I do know this, if I have to pay a monthly Xbox Gold fee they can have 2020.  I pay enough monthly fees without having to pay one just to fly a sim.  But that’s just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks MZ!  Sorry to hear about the card.  A 1660 would be better than mine, very nice.  I agree, this area is so detailed, I could spend a lot of time seeing it all.  I like both XP and P3D and don’t know how 2020 will shake out.  But I do know this, if I have to pay a monthly Xbox Gold fee they can have 2020.  I pay enough monthly fees without having to pay one just to fly a sim.  But that’s just my opinion.

 Hi Jack,  I feel this card is best with my CPU with minimal bottleneck and good price right now also. I can no longer update the CPU without involving a new MB, which then would become a new build, which I will do very soon regardless with many new updated hardware as well, lol !  So for the time being the GPU is the cheapest and easiest fix. Lots of speculation out there re whether or not MFS will be a subscription only sim - I guess we'll find out by the year end. Definitely interesting, (and very confusing)  times ....... if you're shopping for a new sim. They all seem to have their own pluses and minuses.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great shots Jack. I'll have to stop checking out  your pics, as every time I do, I want to go buy it :rolleyes::smile:

 

Don

Thanks Don.  It’s well worth it for me because I like flying to or from here in the L.A. area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

 Hi Jack,  I feel this card is best with my CPU with minimal bottleneck and good price right now also. I can no longer update the CPU without involving a new MB, which then would become a new build, which I will do very soon regardless with many new updated hardware as well, lol !  So for the time being the GPU is the cheapest and easiest fix. Lots of speculation out there re whether or not MFS will be a subscription only sim - I guess we'll find out by the year end. Definitely interesting, (and very confusing)  times ....... if you're shopping for a new sim. They all seem to have their own pluses and minuses.  

I agree MZ.  It’s interesting but what’s really cool for me is how many 64 bit sims we have now with amazing planes and scenery.  I never would have imagined this back in the FSX 32 bit days.  As I type this I’m flying over Orbx’s TE UK and it’s simply amazing and very serene and beautiful.  I was just over Brighton.  I remember it from the movie Quadrophenia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree MZ.  It’s interesting but what’s really cool for me is how many 64 bit sims we have now with amazing planes and scenery.  I never would have imagined this back in the FSX 32 bit days.  As I type this I’m flying over Orbx’s TE UK and it’s simply amazing and very serene and beautiful.  I was just over Brighton.  I remember it from the movie Quadrophenia.

Yes, indeed. The 64 bit pie has become very popular in the sim world and everyone wants a slice.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MZee1960 said:

Yes, indeed. The 64 bit pie has become very popular in the sim world and everyone wants a slice.  

Which is great for us.  I never thought we’d have so many quality choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow super shots Jack. But there you go again showing off with that upside down ceiling fan:angry::D

Thanks Karl, I love them, a lot.  I am very fortunate to have filled the second most important thing on my bucket list last summer by flying a real one.  And it was awesome.  In the sim it's a great way to see some great details.  They do take a lot of patience and practice though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Thirty - is this a new personal best?  Not a bridge anywhere but certainly excellent coverage of what is there,

Thanks OND, I think I once hit 50.  No bridges no, I just wanted to explore this island a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Nice!  Gotta love Catalina indeed. I think you flew over Dominic Santini's House in the Airwolf episode that was on that island.

Many thanks Triple J.  But I have no idea who this is as I don't watch TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed your tour of Catalina, it is a great place to fly around.

Thanks John, sure is, all those little coves, plus the valleys on the island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dario said:

Amazing shots, Jack! This is also one of my preferred locations! :) 

Thanks Dario, it's great for have a nice little flight to and from the mainland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome Jack, love that you take the time to explore the detail, Shoutout to Tim for his decision to do this scenery, our second mini True Earth region along with Pago. Lots more detail to find yet Jack. Some assignments for you.

1 Name the yellow sub and the wharf it’s moored at.

2 land and explore the 2 helipads on the island.

3 name the restaurant at Pebbly Beach.

4 photograph the restaurant and pier at Two Harbours.

this message will self destruct after reading.

good luck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Awesome Jack, love that you take the time to explore the detail, Shoutout to Tim for his decision to do this scenery, our second mini True Earth region along with Pago. Lots more detail to find yet Jack. Some assignments for you.

1 Name the yellow sub and the wharf it’s moored at.

2 land and explore the 2 helipads on the island.

3 name the restaurant at Pebbly Beach.

4 photograph the restaurant and pier at Two Harbours.

this message will self destruct after reading.

good luck

Thanks Ken!  Challenge accepted my friend!  :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, patful said:

Gorgeous shots, Jack, even if they do have one of those whirly thingy contraptions in them.

Thanks Pat, like Karl says an upside down ceiling fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...