My computer just updated Windows 10 to update 1903, and I lost CardGames.dll but more importantly my Eur folder of all my European freeware sceneries, had been moved into another folder.

P3D would not start correctly with SimStarter until I found out what was wrong, all my Europe addons could not be found! I moved the Eur folder back into its correct location and all is well now (I think, unless I find something else missing, Orbx sceneries seem unaffected).  Anyone else had this experience?

Nigel

Vancouver 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, nigelgrant said:

My computer just updated Windows 10 to update 1903, and I lost CardGames.dll but more importantly my Eur folder of all my European freeware sceneries, had been moved into another folder.

P3D would not start correctly with SimStarter until I found out what was wrong, all my Europe addons could not be found! I moved the Eur folder back into its correct location and all is well now (I think, unless I find something else missing, Orbx sceneries seem unaffected).  Anyone else had this experience?

Nigel

Vancouver 

Holy smoke Nigel!  This is terrible.  I’ll have to see what version I’m running.  Oh no, I see 1903 is pending.  Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 2

Hi Jack

I just did a search for Eur and found it in an adjacent folder.

Actually, the CardGames.dll was a bigger problem because I could no longer play FreeCell or Solitaire!  I searched on Google for the missing file, downloaded and installed it in each game folder and they are working fine now. 

Didn't think things like this were supposed to happen with updates!

Nigel

• Like 1

Just now, nigelgrant said:

Hi Jack

I just did a search for Eur and found it in an adjacent folder.

Actually, the CardGames.dll was a bigger problem because I could no longer play FreeCell or Solitaire!  I searched on Google for the missing file, downloaded and installed it in each game folder and they are working fine now. 

Didn't think things like this were supposed to happen with updates!

Nigel

I just installed it and tested several non-Orbx airports and they were ok.  I don't play the card games so I didn't even look but now I have to out of curiosity.

Never once played those games but just did.  All works fine.  Tested Orbx Central and several Orbx airports, all good.  I wonder what happened to your PC?

This morning I also updated Windows 10 to build 18362.329_1903.

Meanwhile, it looks like everything's all right. It should be noted that I have only the Windows 10 operating system on the C: / disk.
I have simulators (Prepar 3D v.4.5 and X-Plane 11) on other drives.

cheers

Karoly

• Like 1

Info: For Win10 Pro users, the latest version is v 18362-10014.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Edited by JJJackson

24 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

Sorry for your troubles guys.

My solution...joking, Win7 Professional.

If you hate Windows Updates, Windows 7 will be perfect starting next January!

1 hour ago, patful said:

If you hate Windows Updates, Windows 7 will be perfect starting next January!

I shut off updates a year ago.

I mount a war on malware, infections through firewalls and related security stuff. Never have an issue.

I working on, if it ain't broke don't fix it! :lol:

Hello Nigel,

to address the most important problem:

You can find the Microsoft Windows 7 Games in a convenient installer without too much of a Googe search.

With all due respect, finding a random self made folder in an adjacent folder is far more likely to have been user

error than as a result of a Windows update that was oblivious to the existence of that folder.

I wish I had a pound for every time my finger slipped on the mouse and something went "missing" only to be found nearby.

I have the same problem in other areas and am presently hoping that where I put the levers for my 12 tonne bottle jack

will be revealed to me.

If you are sure that was not possible, then perhaps it should just be put down to experience.

• Like 3

True Nick, I happen to have clicked wrong and lost what I lost from the address book,

or I swam with a mouse and accidentally moved the address book to the nearest one.

cheers

Karoly

• Like 1

Hi guys, not to create a panic but you might want to be aware of the 'high CPU usage after 1903 update' issue.  Google it for lot's of info. From what I understand, this may --- or may not have been resolved by MS at this point.  After my machine updated itself yesterday to 1903, I was one of those affected; it's easy to see with procmon.  But rather than trying any of the exotic fixes, and thinking that I would just try rebooting, I found there was another 'update' available. Choosing update and restart seems to have resolved the issue for me at least.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hi guys, not to create a panic but you might want to be aware of the 'high CPU usage after 1903 update' issue.  Google it for lot's of info. From what I understand, this may --- or may not have been resolved by MS at this point.  After my machine updated itself yesterday to 1903, I was one of those affected; it's easy to see with procmon.  But rather than trying any of the exotic fixes, and thinking that I would just try rebooting, I found there was another 'update' available. Choosing update and restart seems to have resolved the issue for me at least.

Thanks Larry!

I installed the "other" update without any problems - thx Larry

Nigel

ps if you are in the Vancouver area contact me and if we have a fltsim club meeting we would love to meet you

One more issue I have identified with 1903.... it appears they also updated microsoft's generic usb 3.0 drivers which resulted in a typical lack of keyboard and mouse on reboot.

Being unable to revert the drivers back to the previous version, the only option available was to disable USB 3.0 on the motherboard and revert back to USB 2.0 mode for now.

Hopefully they will release a fix soon....

Terry

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that Terry , I use generic usb ports and had no issues with the 1903 update . :(:)

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Not everyone will; as it will be specific to the motherboard implementation...... this was on a friends machine with i7 4790; and a Gigabyte board with h97 chipset.

I have a similar setup and had no issues with the update either, so its a strange one, but hopefully its only a temporary hitch and they will address it.

I was just mentioning the work around in case anyone else has a similar issue....... effectively the fix was to disable the xhci mode for USB 3.0. 

We're actually both waiting for the local supplier to get the Ryzen 3900x back in stock and then we can upgrade but at this rate the 3950x may well arrive first lol

• Thanks 1

Jack, its the extensible host controller for USB on the motherboard.... there are usually settings for the handover mode to the operating system, at which point Microsoft's generic drivers take over. This is an older board, so you will not likely have issues or need to worry about it :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TerryM said:

Jack, its the extensible host controller for USB on the motherboard.... there are usually settings for the handover mode to the operating system, at which point Microsoft's generic drivers take over. This is an older board, so you will not likely have issues or need to worry about it :)

Thanks Terry, I was just curious as this kind of stuff fascinates me.

G’Day all,

I recently built a new computer which included W10 Pro (I was very reluctant to upgrade from W7). During the initial software installation, I let Windows update to 1903. Admittedly, I’ve got no experience in W10 pre 1903, but I’ve had no obvious issues as of yet. This was about three weeks ago.

Thanks for the link, Nigel. Where I lived until recently, we had several retired Air Force people and a couple of retired Air Line pilots. While we didn't form a club, once a month I would set up my computer and hook into the Media Room's big screen and take everyone on a trip for about an hour. I created flights that had a lot of good scenery and everyone enjoyed it. Most all tried piloting my DC-3. The scene looked very similar to the pics in your article.

Thanks

Howard

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Perhaps the following will save someone from a big hassle with the 1903 update:

Immediately and consistently following my 1903 update I got a BSOD upon resuming from sleep or hybrid sleep with an 'Internal Power Error'.  Google hits describe a large variety of sources for the error with a lot of horrific solutions advised up to reformat and reinstall everything. I tried all the easier solutions I could find without luck based on my initial searches.

It turns out the specific problem has been noted even with the update to 1803 and the solution is simple.  I'm using a 2TB Samsung NvMe SSD with the Samsung version 3.0 driver. The driver is the source of the problem. You can either update the driver to v3.1 or just uninstall the Samsung driver so as to use the built in MS one.  I updated the driver; problem seems to be solved.

Here's a link that describes the issue for the 1803 update but it looks like it applies to v1903 too.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internalpowererror-resuming-from-sleep-on-1809/eb1f8de9-a6f7-4dcc-a8ac-db2648282446?page=3

• Thanks 2