Well, I just downloaded the Santa Barbara Airport, and came up with a couple of problems.  As you can see in the photos there appear to be no runway lights.  They are so dim that they can't be seen until your about 100 feet off the ground.  But the bigger problem is when I downloaded the file, something got corrupted as I got an error as FSX:SE started up and I just lost all of my flying time records.  Now if I can figure out how to get those runway lights a little brighter that would be good.  Unfortunately there is nothing in the configuration for the airport that has to do with runway lighting.

kAAYd70.jpg

1D3t1lj.jpg

• Confused 1
11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sorry to see this RFE.  I'm baffled, post back if you get it resolved as I'm curious.

Will do Jack.  I did try using the FSXLogbook recovery program, but it didn't work.  The lights have me totally baffled though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RetiredFE said:

First time I've ever seen this happen.

As for the log book, more's the pity.  I used to keep one in FSX too.  I use Acronis to back up my entire PC for reasons just like this.  And I remember reading somewhere years ago that there's a file that can be backed up that contains the log book, no idea where it is now though.

Just checked KSBA 1.10 on my end with FSX SP2 and the DX10 fixer. The airport is illuminated and the runway and taxiway lights are well visible from the distance , please see the pic.

I wonder if there are other conflicts to be sorted out.  Maybe the FSX support forum would be the better place to get it solved.

GwMZBHv.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hello,

Could you please check if windsocks are present and working? If not, the problem is probably down to ObjectFlow not functioning correctly.

Cheers, Misha

Misha, I can't find a wind flag anywhere near a runway or anywhere at all.  What should I do next?

11 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Maybe try this?

Hey Doug, here's what I've done so far to try to figure this out.  I have 9 ORBX airports that I have purchased.  I have went back and verified all the files in ever airport, I downloaded and installed the ObjectFlow.dll and still no effect on the runway lights.  Like I said, I can go to any non orbx airport and the runway lighting is just fine.  I have no idea.  I appreciate your help though.  Thank you.

Rodger

Edited by RetiredFE
  • Confused 1
Just now, RetiredFE said:

Hi Jack, I'm currently running v3.3.9.2

Ok, I thought this through, my bust Rodger as I don't think FSX will be able to use it.  So I'm baffled by this, sorry.  I hope to see you running P3D someday ;)

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Ok, I thought this through, my bust Rodger as I don't think FSX will be able to use it.  So I'm baffled by this, sorry.  I hope to see you running P3D someday ;)

I'm looking at P3d as we speak.  My computer is able to run version 3 at best.  Ever since I downloaded Monterey Airport FSX is really acting crazy.  Here is an example of what is happening now.  After I load a non orbx airport.

9IkATBL.jpg

• Confused 1

I'm looking at P3d as we speak.  My computer is able to run version 3 at best.  Ever since I downloaded Monterey Airport FSX is really acting crazy.  Here is an example of what is happening now.  After I load a non orbx airport.

9IkATBL.jpg

Dang Rodger, it seems to get worse.  Do have Orbx's Vector installed?  My PM still stands my friend...

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Ok, did you run the Vector AEC tool to see if it might be an elevation issue?

No I did not.  Maybe I should try that.  But there are other issues as FSX:SE boots up.  Plus it's taking nearly 5 minutes to actually open FSX up.

• Confused 1

Would it be worth getting P3Dv3 over continuing with FSX:SE?  Unfortunately my computer is not upgradeable, so I would need to get a new computer to run the latest version of P3D, but for now that's out of the question.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RetiredFE said:

No I did not.  Maybe I should try that.  But there are other issues as FSX:SE boots up.  Plus it's taking nearly 5 minutes to actually open FSX up.

I wish I knew, it sounds like something got corrupted.  Do you a have viable backup?  Like Acronis I use or something similar?  Otherwise I wonder if a completely new fresh install might be required.

Would it be worth getting P3Dv3 over continuing with FSX:SE?  Unfortunately my computer is not upgradeable, so I would need to get a new computer to run the latest version of P3D, but for now that's out of the question.

Is P3D v3 32 bit?  If so it's just FSX with a new coat of paint.  You'll still have OOM's and VAS to contend with.  

I wish I knew, it sounds like something got corrupted.  Do you a have viable backup?  Like Acronis I use or something similar?  Otherwise I wonder if a completely new fresh install might be required.

I don't have anything that backs up my computer.  Not sure what to do now.

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Is P3D v3 32 bit?  If so it's just FSX with a new coat of paint.  You'll still have OOM's and VAS to contend with.  

I looked it up and yes it is.  So that's out of the question.

• Confused 1

I don't have anything that backs up my computer.  Not sure what to do now.

I'm fresh out of ideas Rodger since I haven't used FSX in ages.  Unless someone else can help I'm at my wit's end.  It's been so long since I ran a 32 bit sim.  My only recommendation would be to 1) Reinstall FSX, 2)  use CC Cleaner to clean the registry, 3) find a good freeware or paid global backup program.  Unfortunately you're in such a difficult situation with the hardware you have.  Have you considered eBay for a newer used PC?

I'm fresh out of ideas Rodger since I haven't used FSX in ages.  Unless someone else can help I'm at my wit's end.  It's been so long since I ran a 32 bit sim.  My only recommendation would be to 1) Reinstall FSX, 2)  use CC Cleaner to clean the registry, 3) find a good freeware or paid global backup program.  Unfortunately you're in such a difficult situation with the hardware you have.  Have you considered eBay for a newer used PC?

That's something I may have to consider.  I absolutely do not want to do a full re-install.  That's days worth of work. 

• Like 1

That's something I may have to consider.  I absolutely do not want to do a full re-install.  That's days worth of work. 

Yup, been there many times, it's not pleasant.  That's why I sound like a stupid broken record.  I learned from typing in BASIC programs in the early 80's to "backup, backup, backup".  I mean I use my backup program for this very reason.  If something goes south I can have it back up in 45 minutes, right down to the last registry entry and sim setting.  There'a lot of good payware ones and some good freeware ones too.

5 minutes ago, RetiredFE said:

Plus Rodger, I may be wicked OCD about this but it's from experience in this very scenario.  I keep a detailed log, any time I change anything, no matter how slight I type it into my log, date and time, so I can have a visual reference of what's changed.  Everything from a Windows update to simply adding a livery.

Plus Rodger, I may be wicked OCD about this but it's from experience in this very scenario.  I keep a detailed log, any time I change anything, no matter how slight I type it into my log, date and time, so I can have a visual reference of what's changed.  Everything from a Windows update to simply adding a livery.

That's a good point.  Guess I'm going to have to get a backup program and start doing what you do.  I've learned my lesson with this one.  I was a total nightmare switching from FSX boxed to FSX:SE, and I don't want to have to try and set up FSX:SE again.

• Like 1

Rodger

Please try the process in the below topic and focus on pointing the registry to your FSX SE installation....after looking at your account, all of your products appear to be installed only to your boxed FSX.

Please use the FSX Registry Utility found at this link   https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php  and use the "Set Path" option and point it to your FSXSE installation. Then run FTXC3 and allow it to activate for a few moments.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Rodger

Please try the process in the below topic and focus on pointing the registry to your FSX SE installation....after looking at your account, all of your products appear to be installed only to your boxed FSX.

Please use the FSX Registry Utility found at this link   https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php  and use the "Set Path" option and point it to your FSXSE installation. Then run FTXC3 and allow it to activate for a few moments.

Ok, thanks for the help.  I just got done flying and noticed that when I took off out of Monterey, the lights were very dim.  I got to doing some touch and goes at some nearby airports and headed back to Monterey and about 15 miles out I had runway full runway lights.  At 10 miles they all went out.  Just as someone flipped a switch and turned them off.

Doug, I ran the Tweaks FS FSX Registry Utility but still no change.  I just don't understand how I have runway lights on every other FSX runway except ORBX.  Do you have any other ideas?  Thanks for the help.  Much appreciated.

So, I'm guessing that there is no fix for this problem.  I can't believe I've paid all this money for these airports and I can't see the runway lights until I'm 100 feet above the runway, and there is no fix for it.  Yet all lights work fine in non-orbx airports.  No more orbx products for me.  I'm done.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, RetiredFE said:

So, I'm guessing that there is no fix for this problem.  I can't believe I've paid all this money for these airports and I can't see the runway lights until I'm 100 feet above the runway, and there is no fix for it.  Yet all lights work fine in non-orbx airports.  No more orbx products for me.  I'm done.

Rodger, I can see you’re frustrated, but weren’t you going to P3D?  It works in P3d as mine does.  Don’t give up. :huh:

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Rodger, I can see you’re frustrated, but weren’t you going to P3D?  It works in P3d as mine does.  Don’t give up. :huh:

No, decided not to got to P3D for now.  Just can't justify spending $1500 to play a game.  Trying to get things to work.  I've done every suggestion you and others have given me and nothing is working.  Just cannot believe there is nothing that can be done.  It's an ORBX problem..  Runway lights at every other airport works perfectly.  When you put money out for a product is it asking too much for it to work?  I could understand if it was only one airport but all nine?

Edited by RetiredFE
  • Like 1

No, decided not to got to P3D for now.  Just can't justify spending $1500 to play a game.  Trying to get things to work.  I've done every suggestion you and others have given me and nothing is working.  Just cannot believe there is nothing that can be done.  It's an ORBX problem..  Runway lights at every other airport works perfectly.  When you put money out for a product is it asking too much for it to work?

Sorry to hear Rodger.  Game?  I have always considered it a simulator.  I mean I play PS4 games but a sim is not a game in my opinion.  I mean how does one score points etc?

Anyway, I’m beginning to wonder if your issue isn’t FSX.  I haven’t read back but has anyone else with FSX posted that their’s is OK?