Hello ,

Could you please make this Available Also Via FTX CENTRAL ?

Just bought the Airport and then I realize that It Is Not Available to download and Install it :huh:

Mike

I too have just purchased the product but I did read the announcement about only installing from Central 4. I'm still on FTX Central and would second the request to be able to install from the older product.I did try to move over to Central 4 when it first came out but because of the mess it created I went back to FTX Central and am reluctant to try again with Central 4 until they can sort all the remaining issues out, even though I have purchased a product I cannot currently install.

• Like 1

Hello,

you can use Orbx Central to install this product into P3D v4.

Select the option "Prepar3D v4 folder" and your installation will be

exactly the same as it would be using FTX Central.

You need not use Orbx Central after that, except to manage EGLC.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you can use Orbx Central to install this product into P3D v4.

Select the option "Prepar3D v4 folder" and your installation will be

exactly the same as it would be using FTX Central.

You need not use Orbx Central after that, except to manage EGLC.

Hi Hick !

You mean I have to Install Orbx Central in Order To Install EGLC ?

Because at the moment I am reluctant to Reinstall it again !

Last time it messed up my Prepar3d and it took me 5 days to Reinstall my 950gb :huh:

Mike

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Ian Fisher said:

I too have just purchased the product but I did read the announcement about only installing from Central 4. I'm still on FTX Central and would second the request to be able to install from the older product.I did try to move over to Central 4 when it first came out but because of the mess it created I went back to FTX Central and am reluctant to try again with Central 4 until they can sort all the remaining issues out, even though I have purchased a product I cannot currently install.

I Agree Ian ! Last time it took me many hours to Reinstall everything from the beginning !! :huh:

Unless everything is OK with ORBX Central I will stay with my FTX Central !

Mike

Hello,

I may have posted this once or twice before.

You can install Orbx Central without it having any effect on P3D at all.

You can then install this product into the "Prepar3D v4 folder" and it will be installed

in exactly the same way as it would be installed by FTX Central.

You can then select your control panel preferences using Orbx Central, close it and use the product.

I assure you that if you do that and only that, the rest of your P3D v4 installation will be untouched.

9 minutes ago, mikee said:

Hi Hick !

You mean I have to Install Orbx Central in Order To Install EGLC ?

Because at the moment I am reluctant to Reinstall it again !

Last time it messed up my Prepar3d and it took me 5 days to Reinstall my 950gb :huh:

Mike

I'm curious Mikee, how did it mess it up?  I've been using it for a while now and haven't had any problems.  I have done just about all you can do in it except migrate which I see no reason to.  I now have separate multiple libraries with XP and P3D files on two different drives and am quite pleased with it.  If you ever needed help gimme a holler, I'm even on Discord too.

15 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I may have posted this once or twice before.

You can install Orbx Central without it having any effect on P3D at all.

You can then install this product into the "Prepar3D v4 folder" and it will be installed

in exactly the same way as it would be installed by FTX Central.

You can then select your control panel preferences using Orbx Central, close it and use the product.

I assure you that if you do that and only that, the rest of your P3D v4 installation will be untouched.

Goodmorning Nick !

I Just tried what you suggested and everything is working fine now ! :)

Thank you very much ,

Mike

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm curious Mikee, how did it mess it up?  I've been using it for a while now and haven't had any problems.  I have done just about all you can do in it except migrate which I see no reason to.  I now have separate multiple libraries with XP and P3D files on two different drives and am quite pleased with it.  If you ever needed help gimme a holler, I'm even on Discord too.

Hello Jack !

Here you go :

My Prepar3d Took approximately 5 min. to Load Instead of Max 2

My Scenery Library was a Mess !

The FTX Global Vector configuration , couldn't recognize my third party airports ( I think they fixed this issue Not Sure ! )

I Lost Autogen of my LGSK ( 29 Palms Skiathos ) . Some Others experienced the same issue … And I could Not fixed it !

There were some more minor issues but I cannot recall !

I think that Some of the Above were Caused due to the reason that I " Migrate " All of the Products !!!

Thank you ,

Mike

• Confused 1

I again updated to ORBX Central from FC yesterday even after having had to reinstall my whole p3d setup twice previously due to the massive wreck the very first version of OC caused. Well I'm happy to say that third time's a charm. The .10 version is just perfect so far. It didn't mess up the scenery library order, add thousands of stuff to the add-on section of p3d, and one of my major issues regarding ORBX global base textures being displayed alongside p3d's default global textures are now gone. Like Nick and many others have suggested, just don't migrate anything (pay special attention to ORBX global base, vector, openLC etc. You don't wanna move them out of P3D). Let your addons stay wherever they are for now and things will very likely be fine.

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, mikee said:

Hello Jack !

Here you go :

My Prepar3d Took approximately 5 min. to Load Instead of Max 2

My Scenery Library was a Mess !

The FTX Global Vector configuration , couldn't recognize my third party airports ( I think they fixed this issue Not Sure ! )

I Lost Autogen of my LGSK ( 29 Palms Skiathos ) . Some Others experienced the same issue … And I could Not fixed it !

There were some more minor issues but I cannot recall !

I think that Some of the Above were Caused due to the reason that I " Migrate " All of the Products !!!

Thank you ,

Mike

Yeah, it looks like migrating was the problem.  I think I read somewhere that we should hold off on migrating.  I created several different libraries and that works perfectly.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yeah, it looks like migrating was the problem.  I think I read somewhere that we should hold off on migrating.  I created several different libraries and that works perfectly.

Sometime this weekend i will go go ahead and Uninstall FTX Central and Install ORBX Central .

I hope everything will be ok ! 

Thank you very much Jack for letting me know that everything is fine now!

Mike 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mikee said:

Sometime this weekend i will go go ahead and Uninstall FTX Central and Install ORBX Central .

I hope everything will be ok ! 

Thank you very much Jack for letting me know that everything is fine now!

Mike 

So far Mike I've had no problems whatsoever.  I think all will be well as long as you don't migrate.  And the new Library feature is really good, it's a great way to place large files anywhere you want and Central does the rest.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So far Mike I've had no problems whatsoever.  I think all will be well as long as you don't migrate.  And the new Library feature is really good, it's a great way to place large files anywhere you want and Central does the rest.

Great ! Thanks Jack :)

• Like 1

I installed ORBX Central (bought the London Scenery) and took the installers advice and removed FTX Central. Now, seeing Nicks post in this thread I see the two CAN coexist. 

That is is an option I would like to explore. How do I reinstall FTX Central?

TIA,

-Braun