Dust2Dust

Does not having ORBX Central installed disqualify me from participating in Expand Your Horizons competition?

It says in the terms and conditions: "Entry is open to all Orbx global customers, excluding residents in South Australia, that hold a valid OrbxDirect account at the time of entry, have Orbx Central installed"

I don't have ORBX Central installed. I have FTX Central installed. Can I participate? 

So I wonder if that is the reason that, after having registered for the contest via the email I received, the page reported I have “0 entries”.

I only have FTXC3 installed.

You think you have a problem. I already own every ORBX product for P3d so the competiton is no good for me :) It was the same when Durka and Aimee were doing the live streams, they kept doing give-a-ways which were of no interest because I had them all. Hay ho. What should they offer to giveway to those of us who have everything? Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Ian Fisher said:

What should they offer to giveway to those of us who have everything? Thoughts?

One of those helium-filled Thank You balloons.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ian Fisher said:

You think you have a problem. I already own every ORBX product for P3d so the competiton is no good for me :) It was the same when Durka and Aimee were doing the live streams, they kept doing give-a-ways which were of no interest because I had them all. Hay ho. What should they offer to giveway to those of us who have everything? Thoughts?

Yeah, I have everything they make too.  What first struck me was gosh almighty, I spent that much.  But it's worth it to me.  And I would love to see who wins this, I'll be very happy for them.  I think this is a cool idea.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, patful said:

One of those helium-filled Thank You balloons.

With an autographed photo of the team for the first winner ?

Edited by dominique
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

@Dust2Dust, the terms of the promotion have been updated: Orbx Central is no longer required. More details at https://orbx.to/win-everything

Thank you thank you thank you! I was gonna ask you just that. I have a couple of questions: 1) I wanna enter the competition by buying either Austurias or YMML Melbourne airport, and I'm leaning heavily towards YMML as I don't own a single Australian airport. Can YMML be downloaded and installed using FTX Central? 2) Is YMML 100 percent compatible with AU v2, which I own and have already installed? 

Edited by Dust2Dust

7 minutes ago, Dust2Dust said:

1) I wanna enter the competition by buying either Austurias or YMML Melbourne airport, and I'm leaning heavily towards YMML as I don't own a single Australian airport. Can YMML be downloaded and installed using FTX Central?

Yes, YMML can be downloaded and installed with FTXC3.

7 minutes ago, Dust2Dust said:

2) Is YMML 100 percent compatible with AU v2, which I own and have already installed? 

Unfortunately, the AU v2 update for this is only available via Orbx Central. I believe there is a thread on this forum somewhere with the patches, but I can't remember where exactly

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dust2Dust said:

Thank you thank you thank you! I was gonna ask you just that. I have a couple of questions: 1) I wanna enter the competition by buying either Austurias or YMML Melbourne airport, and I'm leaning heavily towards YMML as I don't own a single Australian airport. Can YMML be downloaded and installed using FTX Central? 2) Is YMML 100 percent compatible with AU v2, which I own and have already installed? 

Edited by W2DR
deleted
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, W2DR said:

See the revised Terms and Conditions. A purchase  is no longer required..........Doug

really? cause it says "5. To enter, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:

· Purchase any Orbx Global, Regional, Airport or Aircraft product from OrbxDirect.com or Orbx Central (“Qualifying Purchase”);"

Indeed, I read it wrongly. A purchase is still required. It's the "chance" that's been eliminated, not the "consideration".........my bad...........Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

17 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Yes, YMML can be downloaded and installed with FTXC3.

Unfortunately, the AU v2 update for this is only available via Orbx Central. I believe there is a thread on this forum somewhere with the patches, but I can't remember where exactly

Hello Dust2Dust,

indeed the updates are in this topic and can be added manually.

After entering the contest and reading this forum it looks like the judges in this contest are looking for the best answer to "How does Orbx Expand Your Horizons"!  I did not realize
that the person with the most literary prowess would be chosen the winner....  Don't you think that stipulation should be presented on the contest entry page rather than buried in the
terms and conditions small print? I had no idea what the criteria for winning was when I just blurted out something mundane in the question dialog box.  This entire contest seems to be poorly thought out and executed in my honest opinion.  I will continue to buy and support the great products they have for sale, but this contest is just confusing at best.

1449195240_ScreenShot2019-08-28at5_42_51AM.thumb.png.6ee852cd8c495712452cbf8f6cb3cd9e.png

• Confused 2