Hi all - 

Just wondering why this happens to my Beech Duke lately.....I'm taxiing out to the active, and have the throttles on minimum.   The mixture is set properly as well as the prop axis along with the flaps for take off.

Why do I all of a sudden get a burst of speed, as though the plane has been pushed to the max for take off thrust, and my pedals don't want to seem to stop it at all and it just careens out of control down the taxiway.  

Any thoughts folks?  Just wondering on this.   Its starting to ruin taxiing on flights.   Thanks.

6 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Hi all - 

Just wondering why this happens to my Beech Duke lately.....I'm taxiing out to the active, and have the throttles on minimum.   The mixture is set properly as well as the prop axis along with the flaps for take off.

Why do I all of a sudden get a burst of speed, as though the plane has been pushed to the max for take off thrust, and my pedals don't want to seem to stop it at all and it just careens out of control down the taxiway.  

Any thoughts folks?  Just wondering on this.   Its starting to ruin taxiing on flights.   Thanks.

It sounds like a double assignment of the throttle axis. 

8 hours ago, dominique said:

It sounds like a double assignment of the throttle axis. 

I double checked it.   All axis are normal.

13 hours ago, tuisong said:

If it is the RealAir Beech Duke it may not be compatible with V4.5.  

I hope not, but didn't think of that at all....

There are people having the Duke at Avsim (you spoke of mixture so I suppose it is not the T-Duke), never saw this problem which very much looks like a double assignment.  I had that in DCS some weeks back !  Burst of speed, brakes inop.

The only way to debug is to check many things like

Do you do anything just before the burst of speed, hitting a button for anything, moving a lever, anything  ?

Does your throttle move in the cockpit all by itself or the burst of speed comes  with the throttle lever still ? 

I see you are a VR simmer,  so do you also get that in  normal mode (display screen), no Rift connected ? 

Do you have that only in the Duke ?  do you have a dedicated profile for it or do you use another profile ? I assumed that you dont have FSUIPC. 

There is another solution, that your throttle has huge spikes but I don't think so. 

Edited by dominique

1 hour ago, dominique said:

There are people having the Duke at Avsim (you spoke of mixture so I suppose it is not the T-Duke), never saw this problem which very much looks like a double assignment.  I had that in DCS some weeks back !  Burst of speed, brakes inop.

The only way to debug is to check many things like

Do you do anything just before the burst of speed, hitting a button for anything, moving a lever, anything  ?

Does your throttle move in the cockpit all by itself or the burst of speed comes  with the throttle lever still ? 

I see you are a VR simmer,  so do you also get that in  normal mode (display screen), no Rift connected ? 

Do you have that only in the Duke ?  do you have a dedicated profile for it or do you use another profile ? I assumed that you dont have FSUIPC. 

There is another solution, that your throttle has huge spikes but I don't think so. 

For some reason, my VR has been lacking - so I have switched to full monitor now with my P3D - don't really fly in the VR any more and keep that for VR Specific programs.

No I did not notice anything with any jerky movement at all....

I do recall I tried to adjust the prop lever because it was trying to speed up.  I also moved the mixture lever.  This IS the Turbine Duke - is there no need to adjust the Mixture Lever with the Turbine?

Do you have that only in the Duke ?  do you have a dedicated profile for it or do you use another profile ? I assumed that you dont have FSUIPC

So far, yes....the only one that I have started to really seriously taxi with, so its the only aircraft I observed this behavior with thus far. :(  

Thanks for your help - I appreciate all the questions with this!

Ok I think I know where the problem is now. There is no  mixture lever in the T- Duke !  It is a condition lever to introduce the fuel into the turbine when shifted from cutoff to low idle . It should stay at low idle. 

From the manual

Important! Starting the Duke by pushing the condition levers fully forward will likely result in engine and prop over-speed during or shortly after start up. Please refer to the section below for details about the start up procedure. Another important thing to note is that there is a bug in P3D2 whereby slewing then un-slewing results in the condition levers snapping to maximum high idle. Please be aware that if you slew on the ground, it is advisable to apply the parking brakes before doing so in order to avoid sudden uncontrolled excursions!The turboprop start up sequence in P3D2 is virtually hard-coded whether you opt to start manually 

You should read the manual, its a great read, the T-Duke is a delicate aircraft that needs a lot of attention .

3 minutes ago, dominique said:

Ok I think I know where the problem is now. There is no  mixture lever in the T- Duke !  It is a condition lever to introduce the fuel into the turbine when shifted from cutoff to low idle . It should stay at low idle. 

From the manual

Important! Starting the Duke by pushing the condition levers fully forward will likely result in engine and prop over-speed during or shortly after start up. Please refer to the section below for details about the start up procedure. Another important thing to note is that there is a bug in P3D2 whereby slewing then un-slewing results in the condition levers snapping to maximum high idle. Please be aware that if you slew on the ground, it is advisable to apply the parking brakes before doing so in order to avoid sudden uncontrolled excursions!The turboprop start up sequence in P3D2 is virtually hard-coded whether you opt to start manually 

You should read the manual, its a great read, the T-Duke is a delicate aircraft that needs a lot of attention .

Okay!  Thank you!  I will definitely do that now - I'll keep you posted after my flight tonight from Felts to Friday Harbor. :) Much appreciated for your assistance Dominique! 

• Like 1

I think Dominique got it. I yesterday checked if my Turbine Duke behaves nicely and had to lower the condition lever from flight to ground idle to prevent the aircraft from rolling with throttle at idle. Must have to do with the settings of my standard flight (piston engine) - if you change the A/C to turboprop it's just not the right settings. It would be a good idea to set up a real "cold an dark" standard flight.

53 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I think Dominique got it. I yesterday checked if my Turbine Duke behaves nicely and had to lower the condition lever from flight to ground idle to prevent the aircraft from rolling with throttle at idle. Must have to do with the settings of my standard flight (piston engine) - if you change the A/C to turboprop it's just not the right settings. It would be a good idea to set up a real "cold an dark" standard flight.

Hi Markus

You use High Idle to start to taxi if your aircraft is stuck but you put it back right away in the Low Idle position. And you don't really need it in HI during the flight. The lever should always be at Low Idle. 

16 hours ago, Meerkat said:

It would be a good idea to set up a real "cold an dark" standard flight.

I missed that point. There is a comprehensive configuration panel with an option to start C&D.