Sign in to follow this  
David Lawrence

Better quality video on you tube

The search for better quality you-tube video goes on, but I wanted to share two videos that are realy good and a link to a program that tells you what codec you-tube has used on your video. The quality issue for me is when you fly low down the grass becomes a bit of a mush! on you tube. If you post the same video straight onto this site the grass looks good, but you do not get ant you-tube hits. So I searched around and found out that my mushy videos are being coded in a lower quality codec called AVC1. If you upload 2 K or 4k video at 60FPS it is coded in VP09 and it gives a much better quality. The link to the program called media info, if you run it then run a video, right click and a box comes up down at the bottom ,stats for nerds and it gives you all the information that you-tube used to grade your video. The two video links give a way of making your videos use the better codec.
If you have any better info on this please let me know as I hate that low down fast flying and the grass is mushy. Program for us nerdy types.
Two good short videos.

All the best and please share or tell me anything better please!

Thanks for the links.

The 1st link under "Two good short videos", is now outdated; In a comment below, Tech Guides tells to use this one: (BUT read the comment below too!)

Edited by raymondgoubet