craigeaglefire

is FlyInside 0.6 the preview for MSFS 2020 Alpha?

just out of interest i acquired FlyInside (v0.6) simulator today,

only a 6GB download - but comes with realtime internet streaming 'orthos' from Bing maps...

only flown for 40 minutes (including VR) - seems like early teaser of what MSFS 2020 promises...

i was using the Chinook...

very interesting!

22 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

just out of interest i acquired FlyInside (v0.6) simulator today,

only a 6GB download - but comes with realtime internet streaming 'orthos' from Bing maps...

only flown for 40 minutes (including VR) - seems like early teaser of what MSFS 2020 promises...

i was using the Chinook...

very interesting!

Very Interesting Indeed !!

Microsoft have finally woke up to the bad decision a few years ago by dropping MSFX from it's product line and it's support - and most of it's team porting across to Lockheed for PD3R - and Dovetail/Steam to carry on the marketing of the Worlds favourite sim.

Last week Microsoft announced  the cancellation of Dovetail rights to continue - in view of their planned MSFZ2020

Recently - JV joined a discussion on MSFS2020  - particularly the possibility of ORBX involvement - and MS stating that they were wanting outside companies to be involved.

In view of the very obvious  position in the scenery world - we 1000's of ORBX users will salivate at the thought of a new simulator from MS using the TE technology shown to us in TE south - but John - quite rightly - declined to comment on such an eventuality for obvious reasons

In the last week I have made quite a number of flights and covered all over PR3D - TE UK South - and made many comparisons to Google Earth along the way - and it was very obvious where TE came from - and ORBX have done a very good job. As an expat Northerner - I've had a very good look at the XP version TE North - and very tempted to jump to XP just to fly the ORBX XP version of TE UK. (I just love the screen shots of Blackpool and Liverpool - BTW !!) - but the Bank balance cries out that I wait for September/October? - for TE for P3D4

All were VFR flights - and I use Google Earth Sat  as my flight plan map (NTAS AIM airports) and draw the flight line on the GE and use it for ref during the flight - just as if I was using a WAC Chart.

All the time I kept thinking - I wish I was using Bing Sat map instead - because it is so much clearer in 4K - especially since Google resorted to 3D when zoomed in but I can't find a method of easily drawing the flight line on Bing

It should be pretty obvious to us that MSFX 2020 scenery etc will be a very close match to the ORBX TE system - but based on BING  - since Bing is owned by Microsoft - Q.E.D>

Meanwhile thankyou for you description - and I might just download your suggestion on my new empty HDD - well away from my PR3D disc

tried to download Flyinside - but it looks as if I could get VR only in P3D4 64 bit

Have viewed a  video screen shot from insider MS2020 web page  - that would indicate a very good Photo Real city scene - but I couldn't pick the locale to check Bing

Edited by John Heaton

i actually purchased the standalone FlyInside v0.6 from Steam - it is definitely the standalone simulator version i am testing...

just checking out the real-time Bing scenery streaming - shows promise for future flight sim products/user experience down the track...

58 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

i actually purchased the standalone FlyInside v0.6 from Steam - it is definitely the standalone simulator version i am testing...

just checking out the real-time Bing scenery streaming - shows promise for future flight sim products/user experience down the track...

Thanks Craig(?)

any chance of a screen shot - before I try to commit my pension allowance

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

before I try to commit my pension allowance

my advice, John, would not to proceed with limited funds...

my actual point is for a small $investment i am now able to stream, via the 'net, real-time processed Bing scenery data via an available sim now (with global coverage)...

& i must emphasise this is an early access product & only v0.6 currently...

for me it was/is worth a crack & VR friendly...

YMMV

Thanks Craig!

I gave it a shot last night using the free trial version just to check it out.  I have to admit, I was pretty impressed.  It obviously has a long ways to go particularly with variety of autogen and other areas but the streaming basis seems pretty solid.  I was cruising around in the T33 at low level at 350-400 kts and things were smooth and clear.  I will have to keep an eye on this product as it develops