TrueEarth US Oregon: The Beaver State comes to life!

Hi John I see in your reply to my post that you said you would be doing the east coast after doing Southern California. Does that mean you will be doing Northern California first. Or maybe both together. :rolleyes:. Derek.

Northern California is already in alpha build stage and San Fransciso and Silicon Valley look absolutely fantastic in the sim with all the 3D POI models in place. I was flying over Apple’s ‘space ship’ campus on Friday, it looks incredible.

But Oregon was a real surprise to me. It is even more diverse than Washington with some beautiful areas just waiting to discover.

• Like 6
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are proud to announce the second US TrueEarth region - the state of Oregon! Following on from Washington, TrueEarth US Oregon has been developed from highly detailed 10m Digital Elevation Model (DE

Yes we begin on the east coast of the USA after Southern California is done.

Hi   JV posted the following on 26 July 2019     ''OK since you asked ...   Orbx has two streams of development:   1. Independent Contractor Developers for

Posted Images

Another fine extension of US-Westcoast areas in progress...and after that Nth California....waaauw, I'm glad to have moved FS+Orbx sceneries to a 2TB SSD...for HD-enjoy of the sceneries.

It looks so amazing. I also really like that there is this quality selection option making it possible to buy the package , while offering to download the SD version after purchase and downloading an HD version once I get a better computer/graphics card.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Eagle Boy said:

Was Orbx central ever updated so we can move the install out of the root X-plane folder without a complicated work around?  My SSD drive is getting a bit full but I have a 4TB drive for ortho...

Yes, Orbx Central 4 lets you install items elsewhere and links them in via a library.

• Like 1

D:\GAMES\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery

On 8/14/2019 at 6:51 PM, Eagle Boy said:

Was Orbx central ever updated so we can move the install out of the root X-plane folder without a complicated work around?  My SSD drive is getting a bit full but I have a 4TB drive for ortho...

But it's so easy to remap individual folders either the whole scenery or individual directory.

Command:
MKLink /D <link> <target>
link - new symbolic link folder

target - physical source folder you would like to map I.e. your actual scenery or specific scenery folder.

Example (with X-Plane running on D: and my scenery on E:)

MKLink /D "D:\GAMES\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery" "E:\DATA\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery"

Edited by dtrjones
On 8/11/2019 at 10:03 AM, Dadtom65 said:

Just reread the above post and see that you say it is already HD, but I’m sure I read that’s just for high end cards like a 1080. Well I’m just on a 1060 card with an i5 Cpu and it appears to run fine at 30 and above in some places and maybe even higher in others. Derek.

Hi Derek I'm impressed your system runs fine. As a use case my old system had a 1070 GTX card and Orbx TE England South I had to pull back the textures one notch as I often ran into issues flying over London and the texture use often exceeding the cards capacity, performance then bombs. I guess if you stay away from the built up areas and keep textures setting off max then yes you could get away with a 1060 card.

Edited by dtrjones

Yes hi dtrjones yes your right I do not run my Xplane at max textures either and probably true as this was in the Washington area and not like you said London. I would say your system is better than mine is. :D. Derek.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:19 PM, John Venema said:

Yes we begin on the east coast of the USA after Southern California is done.

Ooh, I am hoping for Virginia or Florida first........Of course, this is a years out fingers crossed statement.  We'll be enjoying the exploration of the "New" West coast for some time to come!  

-Preston

That was quick and just in time for the weekend! The download and installation went a lot quicker than Washington too, thanks to the new OrbX Central.

Is KVUO compatible with this out of the box?

Edited by JimmiG
16 minutes ago, Djynn81 said:

I have purchased Oregon HD & SD but it says in FTX “orbs”central that there are no downloads available for this product.

Can anybody help.

F433FDF2-DD51-49C0-8205-C58EC43D4932.jpeg

Are you using FTX Central or Orbx Central. It will only download through Orbx Central.

You can get Orbx Central off the top right of product pages. Green box, Get Central.

TTM

Edited by TigerTigerM
On 8/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, dtrjones said:

D:\GAMES\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery

But it's so easy to remap individual folders either the whole scenery or individual directory.

Command:
MKLink /D <link> <target>
link - new symbolic link folder

target - physical source folder you would like to map I.e. your actual scenery or specific scenery folder.

Example (with X-Plane running on D: and my scenery on E:)

MKLink /D "D:\GAMES\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery" "E:\DATA\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery"

I think the answer is Yes, but just to be sure...Can we split sceneries across multiple drives using this technique? My new 2TB SSD is going to fill up really fast. Could I put TE Washington on my fastest drive (which is where most of my flying will be done), and put other TEs on bigger, but slower, drives? 

Edited by kjon12

'TrueEarth US Oregon: The Beaver State comes to life!'

.... and how wonderful it is too! Flew the default Cirrus jet from KSEA to Pearson Field KVUO flying up the river admiring all the terrific scenery in between. Breathtaking! I had the real weather engaged, so cloud base was a bit low (2000ft.  asl (ish)) But stunning and all the more satisfying knowing that it's all fairly accurate. Stopped off at an air force base just south of Seattle - had a quick nose around, but didn't wish to overstay my welcome as I didn't wish to get arrested! You know what these air force hierarchy are like!

But seriously, well done OrbX!

17 hours ago, kjon12 said:

I think the answer is Yes, but just to be sure...Can we split sceneries across multiple drives using this technique? My new 2TB SSD is going to fill up really fast. Could I put TE Washington on my fastest drive (which is where most of my flying will be done), and put other TEs on bigger, but slower, drives? 

Hi kjon,

If you use Orbx Central, you can create "libraries" (aka "install locations") on as many drives as you like.

Then, when you go to install Oregon, it will ask which drive you'd like to install it to:

mnwR_5HZBKzQ4uO22mJyHF48Tr74KqduaF2PeAqb

For example, in the picture above, I have created two libraries called "primary library" and "secondary library". These could be on different SSDs or HDDs, then Central will create links back into your X-Plane install for you. Or, if you click the "X-Plane 11 Folder", it will just be stored in your X-Plane Custom Scenery directory.

• Like 1
On 8/11/2019 at 7:20 AM, John Venema said:

Northern California is already in alpha build stage and San Fransciso and Silicon Valley look absolutely fantastic in the sim with all the 3D POI models in place. I was flying over Apple’s ‘space ship’ campus on Friday, it looks incredible.

But Oregon was a real surprise to me. It is even more diverse than Washington with some beautiful areas just waiting to discover.

John,

Outstanding job to you and your team. I was excited when When Washington was announced, and even built a new PC just for X-Plane with an 11GB RTX 2080Ti EVGA KingPin (Overkill for sims but what the heck) for the HD Washington. When Oregon was announced in HD I jumped all over it! Yesterday was my first flight from PDX to EUG and I am simply blown away. Incredible what you you guys are doing. Looking forward to entire State of California and cannot image what the Grand Canyon will look like when you get there. Keep the HD coming. Considering the amount work involved I'll buy at the Storage I need to enjoy ORBX's beautiful work. 

TBM900 - 2019-08-20 16.19.49.png

Edited by MrScott
Added Photo
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, MrScott said:

John,

Outstanding job to you and your team. I was excited when When Washington was announced, and even built a new PC just for X-Plane with an 11GB RTX 2080Ti EVGA KingPin (Overkill for sims but what the heck) for the HD Washington. When Oregon was announced in HD I jumped all over it! Yesterday was my first flight from PDX to EUG and I am simply blown away. Incredible what you you guys are doing. Looking forward to entire State of California and cannot image what the Grand Canyon will look like when you get there. Keep the HD coming. Considering the amount work involved I'll buy at the Storage I need to enjoy ORBX's beautiful work. 

TBM900 - 2019-08-20 16.19.49.png

Ditto!

• Like 1

I am absolutely loving TE Oregon. What I miss is ORBX airports (except for the lovely neighbouring KVUO). Are there any Oregon ORBX airports/airfields in the pipeline, to be released in the near future? Thank you very much!

When I load X-plane 11 with ORBX TE-OREGON, it shows a message of "Can not find the objects from "lib/ships/powered...". I checked the folder of "Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/objects" and found there is no "lib/ships/powered" folder under it. Is anyone have similar problem?

3 hours ago, steveli said:

When I load X-plane 11 with ORBX TE-OREGON, it shows a message of "Can not find the objects from "lib/ships/powered...". I checked the folder of "Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/objects" and found there is no "lib/ships/powered" folder under it. Is anyone have similar problem?

Update X-Plane to the newest version.

• 2 weeks later...