Jump to content
Jarrad Marshall

Innsbruck for XP11 Preview #2 - It's all in the details!

Recommended Posts

Just amazing Jarrad. I particularly like the 360 degree view(er).

I have your P3D version but have been on the fence about XP-11, I think your shots just convinced me to try it.

 

Thanks,

Roger

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome Jarrad!  LOWI in XP, and look at the detail.  I couldn't even imagine this back in the 80's.  And I agree with Syzgy, that viewer is awesome, hope to see more of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks absolutely stunning!! Do coverage of the area, does this represent like one or two complete tiles from x-plane? Thanks for your work!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice shots Jarrad, spec for me like the 360 degree view, thank you.

cheers

Karoly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god it looks so beautiful! I have been waiting for this since a long time, thanks a lot guys. Been there a couple of times by myself recently and now I can enjoy it soon in my sim as well! Can't wait. :D 

Now patiently waiting for a TrueEarth Austria :rollmyeyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW

totally outstanding job

you said in your post that you are extending the coverage of the original p3d version for this.. so here comes the question: can we expect these improvements in the sister p3d version? (hint: please say yes)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazingly detailled sceney and over a vast area around Innsbruck promising joyable flights in any form of aircraft(airliner, GA, heli, sailplane,...). Looking forward to the release

for XP11. Already have the P3D and AFS2 version but this will beat both of them for sure as I see the screenshots. Congratulations to Jarrad and possible others involved....;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone give a quick comparison between the AFS2 version and the XP11 version? Are they broadly the same or has this version had more love applied over the AFS2 one? Once the 40% discount goes, it will be a more considered decision for sceneries like this, but it does look great in those shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say the XP11 port is the best of the three, especially given the vast ortho coverage which is like a mini TE region with all that tech applied.

 

You also get animated vehicle traffic on roads and moving trains, as well as real water.

 

P3D has the advantage of animated ground staff.

 

Performance is also fantastic on my PC; Jarrad and co have clearly spent a lot of time on optimisation.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the finest and brightest of his many 'jewels.  Maybe it's just me but all this scenery, be it TE or a port from another system, looks just a skosh better in XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the exception of water textures, comparing P3d 4.5 and X Plane 11 I believe X Plane has the edge especially with TE Products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am from Austria and teavel regularly there, so it was a favorite from you in P3D and I will buy it now for xplane, It would be great to have at least one little airstrip with enhanced optics in this mini region to have the possibilty to fly to a point instead of just circling LOWI. would appreciate that very much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the kind words everyone - work is progressing well, we're getting fairly close now :) 

 

On 7/31/2019 at 10:04 PM, jotaedo said:

you said in your post that you are extending the coverage of the original p3d version for this.. so here comes the question: can we expect these improvements in the sister p3d version? (hint: please say yes)

It's certainly feasible, however it would involve quite a bit of work to fill out all 5 seasons for the P3D version (not to mention, adding a large extra download size). I've got a few longer-term plans for the P3D version, this is certainly in amongst them. But in the mean time I do have a couple of very massive projects that are occupying all my time, so I can't make any promises or commitments just yet :)

 

9 minutes ago, thunderbird_vienna said:

I am from Austria and teavel regularly there, so it was a favorite from you in P3D and I will buy it now for xplane, It would be great to have at least one little airstrip with enhanced optics in this mini region to have the possibilty to fly to a point instead of just circling LOWI. would appreciate that very much.

Thanks for your nice feedback on the P3D version, much appreciated. The heliports (particularly Hat Tux/Alpin 5 in the XP11 version) were designed specifically with this in mind, though I understand that not everyone is a rotor-head. Whilst there aren't any Austrian airfields within the coverage area, several of the grass airfields on the Bavarian side of the scenery have been nicely replicated in the default XP11 database. 

 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:14 PM, Tobi008 said:

 Do coverage of the area, does this represent like one or two complete tiles from x-plane?

This will be 1x complete tile - approx 75km east-west and 110km north-south. 

 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, Yeun said:

Wow, 

Each day checking for release announcement ???

Keep your eyes glued - we have some very exciting coming very soon (and not just related to Innsbruck!) 

 

Cheers,

Jarrad

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

 

 

It's certainly feasible, however it would involve quite a bit of work to fill out all 5 seasons for the P3D version (not to mention, adding a large extra download size). I've got a few longer-term plans for the P3D version, this is certainly in amongst them. But in the mean time I do have a couple of very massive projects that are occupying all my time, so I can't make any promises or commitments just yet :)

 

 


thanks for the straight answer. looking forward for it, thats sure
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, John Venema said:

I’d say the XP11 port is the best of the three, especially given the vast ortho coverage which is like a mini TE region with all that tech applied.

 

You also get animated vehicle traffic on roads and moving trains, as well as real water.

 

P3D has the advantage of animated ground staff.

 

Performance is also fantastic on my PC; Jarrad and co have clearly spent a lot of time on optimisation.

Would you suggest the X plane version is my best bet for True Earth in general ? As from the weekend I will have both sims but know little about X plane so far.

 

From what I hear of X plane, Ortho-type scenery (and I assume VFR / Helicopter) flying is its forte.

 

I have many 100s of bucks of OrbX stuff for P3D, but for my first entry into True Earth, I am thinking - but would value an expert opinion - that X plane would be my best bet.

 

Thnx for any advice.

 

P.S. Any ETA on Leeds-Bradford for P3D ?

Edited by Gabe777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, modest11111 said:

 

On 8/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, hubazsw said:

 


Hi guys, welcome to the forums :) Sounds like you are both having an issue with the scenery - we'll be more than happy to help you sort it out if you start a new topic here.

 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...