Just now, Dieter said:

Is it possible to install and run the new Orbx Central software parallel to FTXCentral3 without deinstalling this one?

It is possible, however you're very likely to encounter conflicts and issues due to the new ways Orbx Central manages products and configuration files. FTX Central 3 also won't be able to detect products installed with the new Orbx Central.

You can install FTX Central 3 again though if you run into issues with Orbx Central during beta.

• Like 1

Thank you very much guys and gals for the hard work! I'll make my way through it during the next days.

Even more excited to see you provided an excellent user's guide which will hopefulyl save us some issues and you some support trouble.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, pmb said:

Even more excited to see you provided an excellent user's guide 

Before 40-year-old  you mockingly laugh at user manuals, from 40 to 70 yo  you know better and do your homework with the manual, after 70 yo you are on a "Heavens, why cant' they just have an ON/OFF switch ?" mood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
15 minutes ago, dominique said:

Before 40-year-old  you mockingly laugh at user manuals, from 40 to 70 yo  you know better and do your homework with the manual, after 70 yo you are on a "Heavens, why cant' they just have an ON/OFF switch ?" mood.

I can relate! I'm just in the 2nd category, soon to move into the 3rd category! But that ON/OFF switch!!! Which way is on and which way is off? You see, it's not that simple is it! :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, curt1 said:

Before I download Orbx Central, would someone explain how I uninstall FTX Central 3, please?

When you run the new Central it will prompt you to remove it.  It’s very elegant and easy.  Cheers!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, pmb said:

Thank you very much guys and gals for the hard work! I'll make my way through it during the next days.

Even more excited to see you provided an excellent user's guide which will hopefulyl save us some issues and you some support trouble.

Kind regards, Michael

I second every word here, mates!

• Like 1

Installed and used for buying the brand-new EGLC. All went well up to a minor hiccup which I'll describe in a support thread. 

One question: I've defined a new place for backups and ORBX did properly save a backup for EGLC (and obviously for some updates of other sceneries) there. However, I have tons of backups (actually half of a terabyte) which I made with FTX Central 3 ("Install and save a backup for later"). What will I do with them? Just deleting and loosing them? Can I somehow move/integrate  them into the new ORBX Central? I think it's neither in the interest of ORBX nor mine to uninstall all products and reinstall them with backups just to follow the new ORBX Central scheme.

Another minor point: I find the distinction between sceneries bought and not bought a bit hard to see. If others don't agree you can forget about this point. I'm not 18 anymore, albeit I use a color-calibrated monitor...

Once more thanks for the hard work, well-done.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pmb said:

Installed and used for buying the brand-new EGLC. All went well up to a minor hiccup which I'll describe in a support thread. 

One question: I've defined a new place for backups and ORBX did properly save a backup for EGLC (and obviously for some updates of other sceneries) there. However, I have tons of backups (actually half of a terabyte) which I made with FTX Central 3 ("Install and save a backup for later"). What will I do with them? Just deleting and loosing them? Can I somehow move/integrate  them into the new ORBX Central? I think it's neither in the interest of ORBX nor mine to uninstall all products and reinstall them with backups just to follow the new ORBX Central scheme.

Another minor point: I find the distinction between sceneries bought and not bought a bit hard to see. If others don't agree you can forget about this point. I'm not 18 anymore, albeit I use a color-calibrated monitor...

Once more thanks for the hard work, well-done.

Kind regards, Michael

Good point Michael regarding the distinction between bought and not bought/installed. Maybe a different colour font would do the job. At first I didn't work out why one of the font sets was duller than the other !!!

• Like 2

Success for me too!

'C' drive now 57% full - was about 85%. Offloaded all my non UK TE and enhanced non UK OrbX airport scenery to the 3Tb 'D' drive which is now about 10% full. Saving my 'C' drive for all UK stuff present and yet to come.

Everything seems to work fine except excessive stuttering between EGLL and EGLC. That stuttering seems to have gotten worse since the recent UK TE South update and my installation of OrbX's new EGLC scenery package.

Hi

I have migrated all of my products and found just 6 errors

01.- Anacortes

02.-Telluride

03.- Tamworth

04.-Tyabb

05.- Brisbane

06.- Light Configurator

These don't migrate and throw this message:

qN4mene.jpg

Also I noted that Global Base doesn't have a migrate option

I thought the regions were going to take long time to migrate but they did fast, all was migrated in one day, the only one that took hours was Vector.

I still need to migrate the two giants TENDE and TEGBS but as I don't know how long they take I'll check after flying a while :lol:

I would like to do a recommendation if allowed

Is it possible that the products not purchased yet be in a different color? Let's say light green?

I know there is a filter to classify or group the ones you don't have but visually this is an immediate easy way to locate them and also somehow a psychological  push to turn them all yellow (purchased :D)  

UkfXgiD.jpg

Now I have two questions

I have KMCO by third party and I have Orlando

By having migrated Orlando do I have to go again through all the turn off of the bgls process again? The migrations puts the product as new or would it be placed as I had set it?

I wonder if I have to go through that compatibility  process again with all Fly Tampa, Fightbeam and all others. I haven't test yet

Now it seems Orbx Central remains minimized, can P3D run while it is minimized? I remember that before FTX Central had to be closed before launching P3D... so if the application offers this future I deduct is because you can now run the sim with it in this mode, right?

Final question

I bought a 6T disc just for the sim. So I had the ORBX folder within the sim root, in my case H

I set the Orbx library to migrate/install my product also in H as this was  reason for this disk, the sim

Once all has been migrated to the library folder is ok to DELETE the Orbx folder within the sim root or is this folder needed by the migrated files?

I hope I made myself clear if not please let me know and I'll try to explain better

0fjf23I.jpg

Thanks

Carlos

PS. I LOVE THE NEW CENTRAL, looks great and it is very friendly. Thank you

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 1
On 7/27/2019 at 4:36 AM, carlosqr said:

qN4mene.jpg

@carlosqr - I also got this error message when I tried to upgrade London City Airport to the latest v1.0.1 (I think it is) when using the new beta OrbX Central. So I reverted to FTXCentral and tried upgrading using that and that worked fine. So as of at the moment everything is looking good and working. Just as an aside, I landed my DreamLiner at the new East Midlands Airport (EGNX) late this evening and I have to say that the nighttime views of this airport are REALLY spectacular. Just look at the car park with all the lighting. Absolutely wonderful! Thanks OrbX for producing this really quality scenery. My flight sim is X-Plane 11.

Edited by orbmoke
Extra text.
1 hour ago, orbmoke said:

@carlosqr - I also got this error message when I tried to upgrade London City Airport to the latest v1.0.1 (I think it is) when using the new beta OrbX Central. So I reverted to FTXCentral and tried upgrading using that and that worked fine. So as of at the moment everything is looking good and working. Just as an aside, I landed my DreamLiner at the new East Midlands Airport (EGNX) late this evening and I have to say that the nighttime views of this airport are REALLY spectacular. Just look at the car park with all the lighting. Absolutely wonderful! Thanks OrbX for producing this really quality scenery. My flight sim is X-Plane 11.

Hi

Yes I have been informed that some Orbx products are not yet ready to be migrated to Central.

Thank you for your concern

Regards

Carlos

A question: I have a 500Gb SSD sitting at about 400Gb used, with just P3D/Orbx and other FS stuff. (also a 2Tb HD for back-up)

After simply uninstalling my FTX and installing the new Central, will I finish with more SSD space or less?

I don't want to overshoot, run out of SSD space or spend ages moving stuff around.

Is it easy to move to this version and how much time should I allocate?

Aussie