Jump to content

Recommended Posts

All,

 

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.  I have San Diego International with the SODE jetways.  I've configured them to connect to my AI aircraft from UTLive; however, very few of them do dock with the AI.  I only seem to have this issue at KSAN.  I'm assuming it's user error, but I can't find anything I've missed.  I'd appreciate any help.

 

Thanks,

Joshua

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a suggestion, i dont know how UTlive works but probably it could use a different afcad file. If the afcad used is different can cause problem with sode. So this could be the reason for your problem. Just make sure to use the default afcad of the orbx KSAN scenery.

 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matteo,

 

Thank you for your responses.  I don't think its UTLive because those models work at other payware airports that have SODE jetways enabled.  I've attached a picture to show what the issue is.  You'll see the jetways docks with the Alaskan Airlines 737 in the foreground, but not with the same 737 american airlines model in the background.  So far I've only found a handful of gates that will dock with the AI planes.  Could it be an AFCAD issue?  I really appreciate the help and responses.

 

Thanks,

Joshua

 

2019-7-30_18-31-14-999.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jbroadwa said:

Matteo,

 

Thank you for your responses.  I don't think its UTLive because those models work at other payware airports that have SODE jetways enabled.  I've attached a picture to show what the issue is.  You'll see the jetways docks with the Alaskan Airlines 737 in the foreground, but not with the same 737 american airlines model in the background.  So far I've only found a handful of gates that will dock with the AI planes.  Could it be an AFCAD issue?  I really appreciate the help and responses.

 

Thanks,

Joshua

 

2019-7-30_18-31-14-999.jpg

I'm not very expert with AI TRAFFIC i don't use it, so i'm not able to say much, but in my opinion could be an afcad problem. If the afcad is not the same used from KSAN scenery the airplanes could be parked a little bit to far or to close to the jetway so " out of the jetway range " this could prevent the correct jetway operation, in particular in KSAN was not very simple to find all the correct position in the afcad to have the jetway to work.

So make sure you are using the original Orbx KSAN afcad.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matteo,

 

I'm only aware of using the KSAN AFCAD, but just to be sure, where would it be located and what would it's name be?  That way I can make sure I'm using the right file.  Thanks again for all the help!  

 

Sincerely,

Joshua

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Joshua

 

When you have your American Airlines plane that doesn't dock well, have you tried to reset Sode ? to do a refresh? just to discard the issue continues after doing so?

 

15NvikP.jpg

 

Worth trying

Cheers

 

Carlos

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jbroadwa said:

Matteo,

 

I'm only aware of using the KSAN AFCAD, but just to be sure, where would it be located and what would it's name be?  That way I can make sure I'm using the right file.  Thanks again for all the help!  

 

Sincerely,

Joshua

 

Depends if you are using the version with static airplanes or not. If you are using static airplanes the file is called " KSAN_V2_STATIC_AIRCRAFTS_ADEX_ADE.BGL"

if you are not using the static aircraft the afcad active is " KSAN_V2_ADEX_ADE.BGL "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matteo and Carlos,

 

Thank you for your responses.  Carlos, I did reset the SODE jetways in the sim and it did not resolve the initial problem.  It was a good suggestion though and much appreciated.

 

Matteo, I think you are right about the afcad file sensitivity.  I confirmed I was using the correct afcad (ADE file).  I then loaded up the airport with AI aircraft to put planes at all the gates.  Over half of the jetways did not dock with the airplanes, but the remaining jetways did just fine.  At this point, I don't think it is an error on my part (or yours).  It just may be that the ADE needs to be tweaked to instantiate the rest of the SODE jetways which given its sensitivity is not an easy task.  Thankfully though, I also moved my PMDG 737 around to different gates and it docked just fine with that aircraft.

 

Thank you so much for taking a look at this!

Joshua

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbroadwa said:

Matteo and Carlos,

 

Thank you for your responses.  Carlos, I did reset the SODE jetways in the sim and it did not resolve the initial problem.  It was a good suggestion though and much appreciated.

 

Matteo, I think you are right about the afcad file sensitivity.  I confirmed I was using the correct afcad (ADE file).  I then loaded up the airport with AI aircraft to put planes at all the gates.  Over half of the jetways did not dock with the airplanes, but the remaining jetways did just fine.  At this point, I don't think it is an error on my part (or yours).  It just may be that the ADE needs to be tweaked to instantiate the rest of the SODE jetways which given its sensitivity is not an easy task.  Thankfully though, I also moved my PMDG 737 around to different gates and it docked just fine with that aircraft.

 

Thank you so much for taking a look at this!

Joshua

 

 

Hi Joshua no problem :)

are the gates always the same that are not docking with ai airplanes? 

The afcad file can be tweaked, but i can only move the start position of the airplanes for every single gates. The problem is this, if you try a gate with your airplane and if you try to use sode jetway and you dont have any errors and the jetway is working fine I have nothing to change in the position of the airplane at the gate, so also AI should work ( i think ). I am not expert in the working logic of AI airplanes, therefore I cannot with absolute certainty say if there are other reasons why the AI airplanes are not docking at all gates. In my opinion maybe you could have more good response if you try to ask to UTlive forum, maybe some people more expert than me could give you a better answer.

Anyway you could try a gate that is not working with AI to see if works fine with your airplane. Let me know, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matteo,

 

Yes, the gates are always the same that are not docking with the AI aircraft.  Yes, I can put my PMDG 737NG at the one of those "non-docking" gates and get it to dock just fine with my airplane.  I don't know if that helps clear anything up or just muddies the water even more :)

 

Thanks for staying on top of this!
Joshua

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jbroadwa said:

Matteo,

 

Yes, the gates are always the same that are not docking with the AI aircraft.  Yes, I can put my PMDG 737NG at the one of those "non-docking" gates and get it to dock just fine with my airplane.  I don't know if that helps clear anything up or just muddies the water even more :)

 

Thanks for staying on top of this!
Joshua

 

Hi Joshua,

 

ok, so I think i can not do much sorry, if you airplane is docking fine is not a problem due to the position of the parking. 

I suggest to ask to someone more expert than me with AI traffic.

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...