macca22au

An Unlikely Approach to YBMK McKay, Queensland

Screenshot-12-07-2019-5-26-42-PM.png

Right now the area below the plane, Shoalwater and off - shore Shoalwater Bay is being used for a major US/Australian military exercise.  The USS Reagan is offshore launching aircraft in attack, and not far from her is a Chinese ship keeping close watch on the exercise.  The area will be NOTAM-ED out and the commercial routes closed for the time.  For the soldiers winter is a good time to do this in the tropical north, where in summer everything that flies and bites is on the wing.

• Like 2

A beautiful picture Ian.

Make sure the USS Regan knows who you are!:o

1429424519_chineseship.jpg.5462cc170c19aad0440736205d4285d2.jpg

The Tianwangxing which translates into Uranus.

• Like 2

Iain, though a distant shot I was hoping the detail of the shallow water, stream entrances and the like would show up.  They do. It is not an exciting shot, but looking carefully really good detail stands out.

I did an amateur's overclock of my i7-8xxK from the factory 3.7 up to 4.7.  I then turned up the settings to match yours.  The result is stunning, with only a few stutters at YBBN a full-fat and heavy graphics airport.  Speccy tells me the temps are in range.  Buildings HD is also fantastic, and I will take another look at Melbourne in AU2 where the CBD is first-rate but there were some anomalies near by.  Maybe Buildings will have filled the gaps.

Martyn:  translates into what?  Sounds naughty.  We do the same to them, but we are the good guys of course.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A beautiful picture Ian.

+1 - That's one large ship for such a "tight fit" Martyn .......:blink::rolleyes::o:lol:

John

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A beautiful picture Ian.

Believe the USS Reagan is a Nimitz class carrier and has several items that would make that guy's radar antennae rotate funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Believe the USS Reagan is a Nimitz class carrier and has several items that would make that guy's radar antennae rotate funny.

And "something else" close up tight.

• Haha 2

Jack:  Australia has got itself into a real cleft stick.  We play tough by supporting the USA in strong military alliances, and grovelling to China for tourism and trade.

• Like 1