Greetings old friends!  I just realised it's been about 5 years since I last popped in to say hi to everyone. 

I got a bit excited by the news that we would finally be seeing a new MSFS and began to think about getting back into simming once more.  Alas, in my protracted absence from the community it appears that my large collection of FTX scenery has been rendered useless by a change in the online activation process at some point and given that there'll be new FS relatively I don't see much point in buying FSX stuff I already bought once.  But it prompted me to come and check in and see what amazing stuff is still being produced at ORBX, and I'm not at all surprised to see some amazing efforts.  I AM surprised by an apparent change in attitude towards X-Plane and other sims??  That's a great thing.

Anyway, great to see some familiar faces still kicking around here - I hope you're all well!  I still spend all my free time gliding, but mostly in the rear seat these days as an instructor.  My "for fun" flying time's been pretty limited by work over the past couple of years.  Any of the West Oz crew who remember me are always welcome to come up to YCUN to have a go :D

Cheers,
Derek

• Like 1