19 hours ago, ZoSoChile said:

If I won the lottery I would personally fund ORBX to convert more TrueEarth series for AF2 :lol:

I would too. However, there are always..... possabilities......

Stay tuned.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My problem is that Orbx ruined AFS2 for me. Nothing comes close to TE NL or the few available Orbx airports. Today another 3rd party DLC has been released on Simmarket (not a site I'd recommend) by three guys who usually do freeware and while 'everyone' on the IPACS forum is enthusiastic about it I am totally disappointed with it. It looks like freeware and not even good one. Horrible textures, horrible tree placement, horrible everything. And apparently this is the future of AFS2... bad quality freeware you have to pay for. And people actually DO pay for it...! Incredible.

I only fly over TE NE in AFS2 but it's such a small country and I am getting fed up with it. But nothing else satisfies... Only the Orbx scenery gives me the feeling everthing down there is REAL. EVen IPACS own scenery is crap compared to Orbx. Such a shame Orbx stopped releasing addon for AFS2.

You know.....

Just before the release of this, the developer asked me my opinion on it, and we discussed a certain person who was very likely to run everywhere he could to yell how horrible it was.......

Some things are simply outside of a developers control.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, HiFlyer said:

You know.....

Just before the release of this, the developer asked me my opinion on it, and we discussed a certain person who was very likely to run everywhere he could to yell how horrible it was.......

Some things are simply outside of a developers control.

How to nice to know you were thinking of me. :rolleyes: However, I only posted my opinion in three places. Not exactly everywhere. And well, it is horrible compared to Orbx scenery.

Slowly slowly,

We can all give our opinion, but calmly.
That said, regarding the Boston scene, as I said before, it's a decent DLC, and a reasonable price for the whole thing. Not to mention that this comes from third-party developers who have nevertheless done a remarkable job. Certainly, there are always little things that can be improved afterwards, and which I hope with a future update.

But, I have the impression, in these forums, when a scene becomes payware, everyone starts to jump, and already self-criticizes without having tried. It annoys me a little, that's why I also said, BUY and then we discuss ...

In my case, I have always had great respect for all third party developers, and give my opinion at their fair value!

I understand for now, that nothing can be compared with ORBX, whatever the scene, but let's compare what is comparable.

As a reminder: some time ago, I even made a suggestion on the IPACS forum:
For all private developers who do a remarkable job for the sane of the community and this for free, then why not offer them a small contribution (Don) as support for private!
That said, of course, everyone is free.

Well, my thread was simply deleted by Jeff!

Another thing, It is clear, when I bought AFS 2, I was dazzled by the texture of the DLC IPACS, its fluidity, its speed execution, and especially its resource stability in fps, and also thereafter, the commitment of ORBX to develop other scenes that we already all know! I thought to myself, so here we are going to have the best SIM on the market!

Unfortunately over time it has been different.
That said, we wait, we wait, and one day nothing?

And one last thing:
If I take it upon myself to criticize above all, it is IPACS, ORBX, but not third party developers.

Good luck to all!:)

• Like 1