Tomfa

answered GB TrueEarth release date?

I believe there's a man travelling around the universe in a blue police box who could give you an answer to that question.  Unfortunately no-one else can.

• Like 3

An update would be nice, at least an indication of when GB TrueEarth will be arriving on Aerofly FS2, if at all. I am still hopeful, as this is a fabulous simulator and the current addon scenery available is amazing.  Keep up the good work.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:39 PM, John Dow said:

I believe there's a man travelling around the universe in a blue police box who could give you an answer to that question.  Unfortunately no-one else can.

Only "Q" knows it...:lol:

Richard

• Haha 1

I am beginning to wonder if anyone is still working on it. Asked about progress a few times and all I get is a link to a post from May. That's three months ago and no news at all since then. It's worrying.

14 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

I am beginning to wonder if anyone is still working on it. Asked about progress a few times and all I get is a link to a post from May. That's three months ago and no news at all since then. It's worrying.

It's quite possible it's not being actively worked on at the moment.  At the last census Aerofly AFS2 was less than 2% of the sim market share , so I'm guessing that prioority is going to where the highest number of customers is to be found.  I'm sure that at some stage a team will be tasked to port the scenery to AFS2, but if resources are tied up with other projects it's going to be AFS2 that is put on the backburner.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:50 PM, Flamingpie said:

Last time I heard, it was still an ongoing, if slow project. If that changes I would expect JV to eventually weigh in on the situation at some point, while keeping in mind that everything in the post above is also possible.

Edited by HiFlyer

It would be nice though to get some sort of update and hope that it is still being worked on. I have GB TE for both P3D and  X-Plane but keep going back to AFS2 to enjoy VR as it should be, slick, smooth and relatively bug free.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, pipeorgan said:

It would be nice though to get some sort of update and hope that it is still being worked on. I have GB TE for both P3D and  X-Plane but keep going back to AFS2 to enjoy VR as it should be, slick, smooth and relatively bug free.

+1

Well, for holidays, they are indeterminate!:rollmyeyes:
My thoughts are rather in the sense that ORBX has definitely taken leave with AFS2, especially with all that is done recently for XP and P3D. ;)

It's just too bad our Aerofly community isn't bigger. All these TrueEarth sceneries would be a blast in AF2 VR. Tried them on Xplane but of course you know where I'm going with that.

I have faith that ORBX will come through with Great Britain South. But to be honest, Washington would be better B)

Edited by ZoSoChile

Yes, I have my fingers crossed that they are continuing with TE for AF2, but GB South first please, as you say it would  be a blast, especially in VR!

Edited by pipeorgan
  • Like 1

Placed on indefinite hold at this stage, sorry. We are focusing resources to projects where the users are predominantly are - P3D & XPlane. 

All this, is absolutely not serious and even less credible?
In any case, do not count on me for the P3D and even less on XP!

But the time will soon come, I'm waiting for the big return of MFS !!!:)

• Upvote 1

After Microsoft unveiled the new simulator, I didn't invest in any current simulator. XPlane, Prepar3D and Aerofly are things from the past.

...t

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:19 PM, Ed Correia said:

Placed on indefinite hold at this stage, sorry. We are focusing resources to projects where the users are predominantly are - P3D & XPlane. 

...that is very disappointing indeed :-(

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 2:19 PM, Ed Correia said:

Is this true for all Aerofly products or just this one?

chris

2 hours ago, chrisdkramer said:

Is this true for all Aerofly products or just this one?

chris

I can not confirm it myself, but in any case, nothing is positive since the promises said at the beginning of the year on their roadmaps.
And following GB TrueEarth, another example that should have been planned in the first quarter of 2019, and the little that was announced, none has been completed. ;-)

BgNytot.jpg

AFS2 is dead. Its life is prolonged a bit with the freeware sceneries (of various quality...) created by users and a few (too similar) planes from Just Flight but other than that... nothing. Not even IPACS has released something interesting lately. Bring on MSFS.

Moreover, as many say, thanks to the kindness and generosity of various private developers, and for this reason only that I stay with AFS2, but many have already taken the exit since the beginning of this year. But in the long run, AFS2 will not be alone, other Simulators will wipe their tears ;-):banghead:

Historical:
1982 - Flight Simulator 1.01
1983 - Flight Simulator 2.0
1988 - Flight Simulator 3.0
1989 - Flight Simulator 4.0
1993 - Flight Simulator 5.0
1995 - Flight Simulator 5.1
1996 - Flight Simulator 95
1997 - Flight Simulator 98
1999 - Flight Simulator 2000
2001 - Flight Simulator 2002
2003 - Flight Simulator 2004: A century of aviation
2006 - Flight Simulator X
2012 - Microsoft Flight
2020 - Microsoft Flight Simulator :):D:D:D:D

On 11/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, Flamingpie said:

AFS2 is dead. Its life is prolonged a bit with the freeware sceneries (of various quality...) created by users and a few (too similar) planes from Just Flight but other than that... nothing. Not even IPACS has released something interesting lately. Bring on MSFS.

Finally, here is a news from IPACS.

The B777-300ER should be released soon for PC version!

• Like 1

Seriously a B777-300? To fly where? There are large areas of the sim that need more attention than a new aircraft. Even the USA which has a good deal of default scenery between airports you are flying over nothing. Europe? Apart from Switzerland and Orbx Netherlands nothing else. I love AFS2 but this to me takes the biscuit!

Respectfully.

John.

• Like 1

Sorry you guys won't be downloading it then, but I'm not sure of the logic of saying nothing's happening, then complaining when something does.

It seems to be a recurring theme. The helicopter is never coming! Oh, it's here? Well we need ATC! Oh, a third party guy has done some, well I don't like it! Plus, where are the third party planes!! Oh, Just flight is creating some? Well I don't like the choices! Oh, there is a guy creating lots of free ones? Well I don't like those because.....

Besides, there are no systems! Oh, well there's an FMC now? Well how about a GP.... Oh, there's a GPS now? but......

Hmmmm.....

Edited by HiFlyer

11 hours ago, John Mac said:

Apart from Switzerland and Orbx Netherlands nothing else. I love AFS2 but this to me takes the biscuit!

There's actually a lot of scenery (freeware) being created slowly, covering parts of europe. It only requires one to look for and install it, if you find it interesting.......

Or not.

21 hours ago, John Mac said:
9 hours ago, HiFlyer said:
13 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

I wondered the same. A 777 in a sim without a weather engine, without traffic, ATC, deep systems... what's the use of a 777 in AFS2?

Besides, there are no systems! Oh, well there's an FMC now? Well how about a GP.... Oh, there's a GPS now? but......

Hmmmm.....

9 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I love AFS2 but this to me takes the biscuit!

Of course, some comments can be understood and others less.

However, today is not the problem of being loved or not, but it is a personal choice for everyone.

I believe rather that the real problem of most of the community is waiting and asking the question with IPACS; is when?????
Many projects in sight, but few are realized unfortunately.

Certainly, IPACS has worked a lot lately on various updates, to ensure smooth operation and stability for AFS 2, I would say that this is one of the only positive point for now!

However since the creation in 2016 until the dawn of 2020, what is it that has been done ??? not to mention the free DLC included in the pack.

1.) Switzerland
2.) New York
3.) Florida
4.) R22
5) .........? B-777!

What could be assumed on average, a project per year?
I think today is that, the real question.

I'm not talking about third-party or other private developers who are doing an absolutely remarkable and very generous job for the whole community)

Cheers :-)
Tomfa

21 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

if you find it interesting.......

Or not.

As a huge fan of Orbx Norway I do find the Lofoten scenery very interesting. But it (obviously) doesn't come close to TrueEarth... And imho Lofoten is one of the better ones. I only fly above TE Netherlands and sometimes the Lofoten and that's why it's such a shame TE GB won't happen...

21 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

The helicopter is never coming! Oh, it's here? Well we need ATC! Oh, a third party guy has done some, well I don't like it! Plus, where are the third party planes!! Oh, Just flight is creating some? Well I don't like the choices! Oh, there is a guy creating lots of free ones? Well I don't like those because.....

I don't fly helicopters, the ATC addon is an FSX add on from 2007, I love the JF Arrow but find the others not as good and too much of the same. The free ones are a joke. The FMC is only working partially and so is the GPS. So... things are happening but not fast enough and too little too. Still, I reinstalled my PC last weekend and AFS2 is the only sim installed (and TE NL and Lofoten are the only sceneries installed).

Edited by Flamingpie
  • Like 1

I also understand this failure, I also wait for nearly 1 year TrueEarth GB, but the santa claus will not go there :(

Have you tried The Czech Republic, it's a very successful scene too, with a Lod14 resolution and a good mesh, I think of 15m seems to me it, done gracefully by Sasha '' flightXtreme ''

I'm still hoping.  AFS2 may be a small market, but there aren't many suppliers either.  I think most AFS2 users would pounce on a new TrueEarth release.  I certainly would, even with MS2020 round the corner, as long as they don't leave it too late.

2 hours ago, Grindathotte said:

I think most AFS2 users would pounce on a new TrueEarth release. 

I think so too but I can understand Orbx doesn't want to invest thousands and thousands of dollars in a 40 bucks addon for around 25 (or so) users...

3 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

I think so too but I can understand Orbx doesn't want to invest thousands and thousands of dollars in a 40 bucks addon for around 25 (or so) users...

I do not think it costs thousands of dollars, since this scene is not a development, but only a conversion from XP or P3D. ;-)

26 minutes ago, Tomfa said:

I do not think it costs thousands of dollars, since this scene is not a development, but only a conversion from XP or P3D. ;-)

Unfortunately, I think it's not that simple. XP and P3D come with a pretty complete collection of default airports which may look a bit uniform but have runways, taxiways, navaids, and some basic buildings where they belong.

AeroflyFS2 doesn't come with any default airports in GB. Thus, ORBX would have to either develop a collection themseles (FSCloudport counts 256 for GB, and this is certainly not exhaustive) or rely on the FSCloudport airports. These may be "sufficient" to complement a freeware project but are far from commercial standards (and vary largely in quality). 

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, pmb said:

AeroflyFS2 doesn't come with any default airports in GB. Thus, ORBX would have to either develop a collection themseles (FSCloudport counts 256 for GB, and this is certainly not exhaustive) or rely on the FSCloudport airports. These may be "sufficient" to complement a freeware project but are far from commercial standards (and vary largely in quality). 

Kind regards, Michael

You're right Michael, I absolutely understand that the real problem comes from the integration of airports, however, so where did the airports from TrueEarth Netherlands come from?

Cheers
Pascal

Edited by Tomfa

Supposedly ORBX made them themselves. But NL counts less airports (43 in the scenery) and this was a time when AeroflyFS2 was expected to take off in a big way.

All this is really sad, but what can we do...?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1