Thank you for explaining this Scott.

What a huge improvement this is going to be and I am eagerly looking forwards to its release.:)

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, DModjo said:

Enough teasing. Please release :P

It's coming soon, just be patient. I and many others have been looking forward to this product for a long time. 

• Like 1

All we need to know now is when it will be available.  Tomorrow would be good.

1 hour ago, Geezer said:

All we need to know now is when it will be available.  Tomorrow would be good.

Hopefully it's this weekend

Been waiting 3 years for these.

EXCELLENT.

One thing I was hoping would be fixed with this upgrade was the out of scale,oversized houses that show up every now & then.

Kim.

1 hour ago, Rodneyprice said:

Looking Forward to this as much as any other release for P3D , Question , Will Framerates will be impacted much due to resolution?

No, there have been no noticeable changes in FPS in any of our test systems.

• Like 1

Thank you for this clear and complete explanation and for the time and effort to do so.

But I have a qestion:

I plan to do some exterior renovation works to my house the next mounth... Which look my home sweet home will have in the new orbx's autogene world: the old or the oncoming one ?

Cheers :D!

• Like 1

What about the VAS effect on FSX/FSXSE with 4096 textures? My experience is that 4096 textures could affect Vas even if you run the Sim in 1024.

Edited by Secret Sphere

7 hours ago, JOE DYGAN said:

But I have a qestion:

I plan to do some exterior renovation works to my house the next mounth... Which look my home sweet home will have in the new orbx's autogene world: the old or the oncoming one ?

Cheers :D!

Sorry Joe, your house will look like the old one until Buildings HD V2  ;):D

8 minutes ago, Secret Sphere said:

What about the VAS effect on FSX/FSXSE with 4096 textures?

We haven't seen any VAS issues in testing, but I don't know what kind of addons the testers were using with FSX.  With the larger texture sizes, combined with other intensive addons, there's the possibility of running into VAS problems; it all depends on what other addons you're running.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scott Armstrong said:

Sorry Joe, your house will look like the old one until Buildings HD V2  ;):D

We haven't seen any VAS issues in testing, but I don't know what kind of addons the testers were using with FSX.  With the larger texture sizes, combined with other intensive addons, there's the possibility of running into VAS problems; it all depends on what other addons you're running.

I´m running FSX:SE in 1024 resolution with loads of intensive addons but have managed to stay just inside the 4096 VAS limit so far. Would be great with a 1024 or at least 2048 option.

Edited by Secret Sphere

Wow Scott  you have done a fantastic job and as soon as i get my internet and my flight sim set up i will be buying and what a improvement  and a big thanks for all your hard

work and it has taken you sometime to complete the sim will look fantastic and it is all down to you my friend regards EMM

• Like 1

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has installed Buildings in Pd4 as to the effect on frame rates.

How about New York City? Will the Freedom Tower be properly represented? East coast cities could use some help with accuracy. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, ress said:

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has installed Buildings in Pd4 as to the effect on frame rates.

No negative effects on FPS for me.

Jack

the Swede in spain

33 minutes ago, Jackietools said:

How about New York City? Will the Freedom Tower be properly represented? East coast cities could use some help with accuracy. Thanks.

Hello,

it has been pretty clearly explained what the product does and does not do.

7 hours ago, Jackietools said:

Hi Jackietools, Buildings HD does not add or improve specific real-world buildings; it's a replacement for the sim's autogen (generic buildings that populate most of the FS world).  The first post I made in this thread explains it all pretty well I think :)

Cheers,

Scott

hi. At a risk of looking a bit daft here, in true earth GB p3d if I crank up or lower the sliders for autogen these are the buildings that will be improved with this addon or were these textures modified when tegb was installed along with the custom buildings

4 hours ago, sherpavan said:

hi. At a risk of looking a bit daft here, in true earth GB p3d if I crank up or lower the sliders for autogen these are the buildings that will be improved with this addon or were these textures modified when tegb was installed along with the custom buildings

In the original post the following was indicated:

Which Orbx products will not be upgraded by Buildings HD?

• TrueEarth regions - The TrueEarth regions make heavy use of custom buildings, which are not upgraded by Buildings HD.  However, some houses, roofs, and small structures may see improvements.